The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Redead-ITA

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Post by Redead-ITA »

4thcharacter wrote:Saw on the frontpage that it's PB's birthday.

Happy Birthday PB! Thanks for kickass like this and Trailblazer. Especially Russian Overkill.
Thankfully i was ready for it
i have the most Strongest beer Ever neither the most strongest russian or demon or God of the universes can handle those. Now lets drink a shot everybody
*drink is own shot nothing append 2 minutes later Falls to the ground* happy birthday pillowblaster
PillowBlaster

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8a

Post by PillowBlaster »

Yay, happy birthday me.

I guess such an occasion calls for a treat, does it? As much as I am not finished with certain thing, but should be good enough for now, especially that's nothing important gameplay wise. Changelog below as usual, hopefully without disaster last minute changes like usual. Download hier.

Not much new content, other than one spell - mostly touches and fixes.
Spoiler:
Ribo Zurai

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8a, all glory be

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Happy birthday! And thanks for the present! :P
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

A Happy Birthday to PillowBlaster, and a Happy PillowBlaster's Birthday to the rest of us. :V

Loving the new spell, by the way. :trippy:
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

i have to report something weird
so i Cheated my way to try a the new spell and then setted and then i used the extreme sphere (in wich that not the case but it makes you EPic af)
now in that part i didnt get any Tnt but when i was in the effect of the extremesphere i have equipped the dynamite but i could not use it
maybe it was made it because pillow didnt think that people would buy the Extremesphere before having the dynamite
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

the pain-flashes are now purple? allright, but the blood should propably be purple too, going by the mugshot

just after grabbing a new ged zed doom dev build version and i'm getting some serious freeze ups on map start
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Wow, impressive changelog.
comet1338 wrote:
just after grabbing a new ged zed doom dev build version and i'm getting some serious freeze ups on map start
Try toggling gl precache in the openGL options menu.
Last edited by Rowsol on Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

that fixed it, thanks
ghost posts

health bar doubles as oxygen bar under water? neat!
revolver sights now change color when strat is toggled? also neat (shotgun too, makes the guns feel more magicky)
gunzerk stratocaster is the best of things
weapon names in pickup messages are colored too, that's a nice touch
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

ooh, a new present to give to demons. Nice. :)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

All this time, I was doing dual-wielding strats on my end! I'm now wasting time...

Holy cow, that Prism Laser looks a lot like my Darkvoid spell icon... Image
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Yeah, I noticed that too... You'd be better off using Pillow Blaster's than mine - It might look better.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Actually, yours looks better for Darkvoid, CD. Yours looks more like a dark whirlwind... just the way I'd want it to be. Pillow's design is a little more abstract, so it wouldn't do as well for Darkvoid. It does work well for Prism Laser, though...

I have a bunch of stuff to report. Not right now, as I'm overwhelmed by the amount of modding I'm going to have to do with this new version. But, I do have two errors to complain about right now.

1) Jumping sounds don't always play when you jump.
2) Sprite Frame BSBFK0 (one of the TibCore enhanced Dreadful stratocaster animation animation frames) doesn't have the shiny effects that the rest of the sprites of the set have. The previous version didn't have it either.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Prism Laser remembers me of Terraria for some reason... :shrug:
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

DoomKrakken wrote:All this time, I was doing dual-wielding strats on my end! I'm now wasting time...

Holy cow, that Prism Laser looks a lot like my Darkvoid spell icon... Image

Is that on your personal mod? What does that spell do?
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

PillowBlaster wrote: -It took me atrocious amounts of effort and I still wonder why I did that... but I did it anyway - envirosuit also affects your player/hand sprites now.
No matter how tedious the job is, you will do it to enhance immersion? Anyway, this is great!
-After some change, Chillgrasp ceased painlocking targets into submission... that was a bit sad, so I made it do this madness again. (Bonus is that it also causes the same to any monster that's unlucky to get in range. Oh and it cockblocks even invulnerable targets.)
How about Dragon's difficulty disabled pain chance for enemies? Has it been removed, or is it a feature? And does Chillgrasp stunlock enemies on Dragon?
-EXTREMESPHERE's price got bumped to 20k, and Tank Armour to 1.6k.
Nice. I need to test them again and see if they are balanced now cost-wise.
-Added some extra sound flavour to slide kick, so you know it is a slide kick
There have been a slide kick all this time?!
-Added taunts. Because you wanted them. You just didn't know you wanted them.
Yes, I wanted them :) Very much thanks! Got to laugh in demons' face as I dispose them in cruel and unusual ways! :twisted:
DoomKrakken wrote: I have a bunch of stuff to report. Not right now, as I'm overwhelmed by the amount of modding I'm going to have to do with this new version. But, I do have two errors to complain about right now.

1) Jumping sounds don't always play when you jump.
I would say it does not have to be fixed. You do not have to always grunt when jumping. Some variation does not hurt. Unless you mean your 'body sounds', so to speak (I mostly mean the landing sound here)?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”