The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - v2.5

Post by wildweasel »

DoomKrakken wrote:No. When I looked up the term, it said that it was specific to one development build, so it probably wasn't going to be on any of the even later versions.
That's not what that means at all. When the Wiki says a given feature is for "development version [whatever] only," that means this version or later. Why would the devs implement a feature and then immediately remove it after only one version?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I thought it was because they felt it wouldn't work. They should say that then... "development version [whatever] onward"...
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

What the hell is the "tertiary fire function"?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

It's what I called the Stratocaster function. Couldn't remember the name until now. I'll restate...

I vote that the Kick function be bound to a custom button, and the Stratocaster function be bound to the Zoom key.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

No. I see no point in senselessly switching buttons that would only cost me useless effort, when I have a clear setup already. And useless effort made me furious lately. Otherwise, I wrote "some kind", not literally "a gun upgrade". And while this might not make much sense, considering he could do it with a revolver already - this bigass case contains, I don't know, a modification for a hammer or something to allow that, I don't know. Do I have to justify everything? This is more of a gameplay aspect, and I don't feel like redoing those alt-fires just because of that.
CaPrIcIoUsRaGe
Location: Some where in the Orokin void (or a massive asteroid thats headed no where for the rest of my life)

Post by CaPrIcIoUsRaGe »

Umm question (sorry if its a stupid one) with this update and stuff will we need a new patch for doom and hexen or can we use the old ones?
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

You actually don't need them anymore. Technically, you didn't need them at all before if you were playing single player and, in any case, didn't care about your dude being recolored to your awesome custom hue (which Pillow and I usually found quite helpful in multiplayer!), but now that feature is completely built in, starting with this version in particular. :)

Also, DoomKrakken, don't be a doof. Just rebind the keys yourself.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Stratocaster for the Strucker is broken in HeXen so far. Bought it to give the Strucker a fire rate boost, but whenever I engage it, Strucker won't fire at all until I disengage it to go back to normal mode. I figure the Stratocaster code for the Strucker, and maybe the Longhorn too are at present not taking into account the mana-based ammo pool for HeXen, that's my first guess. Gonna try it in the other two games.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Patriot1776 wrote:Stratocaster for the Strucker is broken in HeXen so far. Bought it to give the Strucker a fire rate boost, but whenever I engage it, Strucker won't fire at all until I disengage it to go back to normal mode. I figure the Stratocaster code for the Strucker, and maybe the Longhorn too are at present not taking into account the mana-based ammo pool for HeXen, that's my first guess. Gonna try it in the other two games.
It's funny because I remembered to address that. But then SLADE crashed in the middle of doing the fixing process and forgot about it. Longhorn should work fine. Might as well do a ninja-upload.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

PillowBlaster wrote:But then SLADE crashed in the middle of doing the fixing process and forgot about it.
a Doomers' Word of Wisdom: Always save, Always check. it made me learn myself all the time.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

PillowBlaster wrote:No. I see no point in senselessly switching buttons that would only cost me useless effort, when I have a clear setup already. And useless effort made me furious lately. Otherwise, I wrote "some kind", not literally "a gun upgrade". And while this might not make much sense, considering he could do it with a revolver already - this bigass case contains, I don't know, a modification for a hammer or something to allow that, I don't know. Do I have to justify everything? This is more of a gameplay aspect, and I don't feel like redoing those alt-fires just because of that.
That's fine. I was able to do it myself.

(It was actually quite easy...)

Alright, I have another question... are the Pacifier (from v1.2) and the Pulverizer (from this current version) supposed to run off of the same ammo? My baby brother and I got into a pointless argument over it (since I'm bringing back the Pacifier to put into Brutal Guncaster) and for whatever reason, he thinks the Pacifier should deal more damage than the Pulverizer (I know it has dealt more damage compared to the Pulverizer, but I want them to deal the same damage). He even tried to pull the "it's a different name" excuse on me (since the Pacifier technically ran off of "PacifierAmmo" and the Pulverizer ran off of "PulverizerAmmo"). We decided that this pointless debate could be resolved by you answering this... are the Pulverizer and Pacifier supposed to run off of the same ammo?
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Patriot1776 wrote:Stratocaster for the Strucker is broken in HeXen so far. Bought it to give the Strucker a fire rate boost, but whenever I engage it, Strucker won't fire at all until I disengage it to go back to normal mode. I figure the Stratocaster code for the Strucker, and maybe the Longhorn too are at present not taking into account the mana-based ammo pool for HeXen, that's my first guess. Gonna try it in the other two games.
It's funny because I remembered to address that. But then SLADE crashed in the middle of doing the fixing process and forgot about it. Longhorn should work fine. Might as well do a ninja-upload.
Dang what a turnaround! :)

Meanwhile, played enough through jenesis.wad to get the Stratocaster for both, and hot diggity they're good! 8-)

Thank you THANK YOU for now Cygnis having a basic flame breath as a starting spell! Its a big help when starting Hexen level packs and so first starting off completely unarmed in them, and is also a boost for regular or forced pistol starts on DooM levels and there are more than just cannon fodder zombies, imps, and pinky's looking to tear Cygnis wings off and take his dragon hide as a trophy. :lol:
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Found a bug:

Guncaster is no longer immune to Corpseblast. DamageFactor "Flesh", 0.0 is nowhere to be found. Plus he doesn't seem to be immune to his own sheep...
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

It's probably me, but when I advance to the next map it crashes. I tried it without other megawads and it was fine. I was using jenesis and btsx megawads, so is it the megawads or just me?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I think it's just you...

I just advanced to another map in BTSX e1 using this latest download, and it didn't crash.

Maybe you need to update your GZDoom?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”