[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (V.0.1.2e Alpha Released!)

Post by Captain J »

hmm, since brutal doom, i see.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Brutal Doom doesn't have super amazing space pirate gloves.
"Sometimes when I do the switch places thing I smash into a pair of flying balls halfway. There are some... kinks."
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Spoiler:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I hope there's a button toggle to start that music in the mod.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

oh man, she's even more armed, and i hope her sword replaces chainsaw intensionally!
Hoodlook

Post by Hoodlook »

When I launch the game, I get the main menu picture, music and font but i dont get any kind of character selection for anything, and it loads the first default doom 2 or doom map(tried both iwads,same result). However I do get the weapons and monsters and everything. I have the most up to date build of gzdoom and am not mounting any other kind of wads with it...why wont it work?
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

There is no other character other than Mel, for now tho. This is a gameplay mod, so there is no new maps or anything like that.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

After running around for a bit in this mod, I feel that it would really suit Strife, actually. Either way, I'm impressed. I'm a big fan of any game or mod that lets me unleash bare-handed fury, so I hope to see that same attention to detail in other characters' melee weapons and attacks. :)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

NantoCodd wrote:There is no other character other than Mel, for now tho.
If only someone would come up with some suggestions. Maybe it could spark some fires.
Oh, wait...

The proper war vet. Enjoys a good pump-action shotgun or a well maintained assault rifle.
Krav Maga martial arts.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

huh, i never seen her before, what marty would say?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Doesn't Marty already have a cast of characters planned?
Cardboard Marty

SidDoyle wrote:After running around for a bit in this mod, I feel that it would really suit Strife, actually. Either way, I'm impressed. I'm a big fan of any game or mod that lets me unleash bare-handed fury, so I hope to see that same attention to detail in other characters' melee weapons and attacks. :)
Much appreciated! I am dedicated to making every character feel different as much as possible. Hopefully once this gets more content complete we can see it getting ported to Strife! I would love that!
Captain J wrote:huh, i never seen her before, what marty would say?
She's super cool! I really should've commented on this forever ago when it was posted, but she looks rad! Mel's fighting style is a Krav Maga/Wing Chun hybrid, so it would be cool to see someone who has a similar style but does something different with it. Awesome job Slax as always!
TheMightyHeracross wrote:Doesn't Marty already have a cast of characters planned?
I do I do! Right now it'll be four characters including Mel for base TSP, TSP Neo will get a bonus one, and who knows what kind of add-ons are coming in the future.

I apologize for vocally saying there would be "more frequent updates" in the future. I didn't anticipate some of the dreaded "real life" stuff coming up and taking a priority. The mod went into hiatus and I really didn't think it'd be more than two or three months, but I've needed to take some time away to devote to not only my other projects but also myself as well. The area where I'm at isn't really ideal for doing graphical work for Doom, so when I teased the new sword and went to work on it, I soon realized with my current monitor here that most of the blacks on Mel's gloves bled together and I couldn't fix that issue with any monitor settings. Soooo...kind of SOL right now until late late December.

I can't promise anything, but I would like to release a new update in January with a ton of new stuff. Scroton has been working on some cool stuff and all that really needs to happen is some graphical work (and also work on the second character that's going to be added!), so it's definitely going to be the same jump that v.0.1.1 to v.0.1.2 was.

Also, a little side note about The Space Pirate Neo, Scroton suggested that we hold back development on it until Zandronum catches up/finally updates to Zandy 2.0. I really had a lot of fun playing TSPN on Zandy but it's a pain in the ass (mostly for Scroton who worked really hard to get everything working in Zandronum) to port over stuff at the moment. Hopefully we can resume sooner rather than later!

Thanks for sticking around guys. Love you dearly! Please continue to leave suggestions, questions, and comments and I'll respond to everything I can. Thanks again!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

your welcome, i thought this thread was done for. glad you're online now!
Cardboard Marty

YO PIRATES!

The Space Pirate now has an official Tumblr that I hope to post semi-regularly to. We're working on a big update as I type this (okay, not literally because I'm typing this and I can't multitask that well) that should hopefully hit in January with new weapons, a new character, AND FUN STUFF! In the mean time, follow the project on the tumblz and spread the word about it! Thanks!

http://indigoskylinearchives.tumblr.com/
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Are you a bad enough broad to steal steal teh lootz and ruin the galactic economy?!
(Nah, screw the loot. I just wanna punch people.)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”