DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kostov

Re: [WIP] DoomRL Arsenal - [Beta 7.9] [MP-B4.5]

Post by Kostov »

You have misunderstood my sentence. I'm saying that 255 isn't the actual highest number - 256 is. ZDoom's wiki says this too. Look here, for example.
TehRealSalt
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TehRealSalt »

That's for A_Jump only, silly. RandomSpawner's wiki article states that 255 is the highest number for Spawner's.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Okay then.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

You don't link to a completely unrelated page as an example of something, because all you have done is confused yourself. [wiki]RandomSpawner[/wiki] items do only use 0 to 255, and 255 is always.
Edit: It took me two minutes to write that post? :V
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Alright, I see now. Funny enough how RandomSpawners were the first thing I used to learn DECORATE. I'm wondering why 255 and 256 need to be the highest values for two different things? Why can't both be 256?
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Different methods and context.
Each item in a RandomSpawner has an "equal" chance of being picked, but its own probability of actually spawning, using pr_randomspawn() <= di->probability, so 0 isn't treated as "never". pr_randomspawn() is a RNG class, which returns a random value between 0-255.
A_Jump, however, is the random chance something even does a jump to start with, using pr_cajump() < maxchance. 0 does get treated as never, in this case. Like before, pr_cajump() is also a RNG class, returning a value between 0-255. This is derived from other methods in Doom that calculate chances the same way, like a monsters painchance (where 0 is also never). This is also why there is a possibility that a player can be damaged but emit no sound, as their painchance is 255, and the RNG doesn't return anything higher.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Got it, thanks.
Yholl

Re: [WIP] DoomRL Arsenal - [Beta 7.9] [MP-B4.6]

Post by Yholl »

New monsterpack update is out, contains some compatibility things for Doom RPG. If you don't play DRPG, you don't have to worry.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

The madness continues!
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Okay so I believe doomRLA has something causing an infinite loop script or similiar as when I've been playing through some wads I've gotten random lag spikes on certain maps where the lag just slowly infensitifes to impossble levels.
first I thought it was something not related to the mod and to the map instead cause it wasn't that common but then I started playing hadesphobia and I seem to get this nearly every level now that I'm half way past it, and these levels aren't even that big/enemy filled to be getting decorate spam lag.

What happens:
The game slowly starts losing frames per second as if there was massive amounts of things added yet nothing is seen.
From my testing it seems to activate a lot quicker with the class scout than others, so I am suspecting there's something about scout and possibly voodoo dolls that don't add up as the maps tend to use a lot of voodoo dolls.

Easy test: jump to map 14 on hadesphobia as scout, it usualy starts to lag for me within few first rooms.
Other classes or playing with other mods doesn't seem to cause lag to rise or atleast as fast.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Apparently, the Nightmare Mancubus is missing A_BossDeath, as the Mancubus death script in a map won't execute if a Nightmare Mancubus is the last one to be killed.

By the way, how much more progress until we get to see the Armageddon monsters? :)
Yholl

Re: [WIP] DoomRL Arsenal - [Beta 7.91] [MP-B4.6]

Post by Yholl »

Hege Cactus wrote:Okay so I believe doomRLA has something causing an infinite loop script or similiar as when I've been playing through some wads I've gotten random lag spikes on certain maps where the lag just slowly infensitifes to impossble levels.
first I thought it was something not related to the mod and to the map instead cause it wasn't that common but then I started playing hadesphobia and I seem to get this nearly every level now that I'm half way past it, and these levels aren't even that big/enemy filled to be getting decorate spam lag.

What happens:
The game slowly starts losing frames per second as if there was massive amounts of things added yet nothing is seen.
From my testing it seems to activate a lot quicker with the class scout than others, so I am suspecting there's something about scout and possibly voodoo dolls that don't add up as the maps tend to use a lot of voodoo dolls.

Easy test: jump to map 14 on hadesphobia as scout, it usualy starts to lag for me within few first rooms.
Other classes or playing with other mods doesn't seem to cause lag to rise or atleast as fast.
Wow. That was one hell of a nasty bug. Basically, Scout has a little check to make sure the game doesn't constantly give him computer maps. Any map with voodoo dolls will absolutely spam him with those check items, because voodoo dolls are magic and stuff. MAP14 has 8 of them.

Thank god you brought this to my attention, I've fixed it now, and will go up in a new patch very shortly, I'm still working on some other stuff for the patch.

EDIT:
Beta 7.91 is out now, fixing horrible scoot related issues.
Hellstorm Archon wrote:Apparently, the Nightmare Mancubus is missing A_BossDeath, as the Mancubus death script in a map won't execute if a Nightmare Mancubus is the last one to be killed.

Code: Select all

Death:
    TNT1 A 0 A_BossDeath
    NMAN K 6
    NMAN L 6 A_Scream
    NMAN M 6 A_NoBlocking
    NMAN N 6
    TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItem ("RLBodyThud", 0, 0, 0, 0)
    NMAN OPQRS 6
    NMAN T -1
    Stop
no u
Hellstorm Archon wrote:By the way, how much more progress until we get to see the Armageddon monsters? :)
I dunno, I haven't done much modding at all lately, because I basically ran out of stuff to do, everything needs new resources and stuff. Kinda killed my motivation. I'm hoping to at least get some sort of placeholder for the Armageddon shotgunguy, because the current one is horribly unfun to fight, and I don't want to release it like that.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Yholl wrote:

Code: Select all

Death:
    TNT1 A 0 A_BossDeath
    NMAN K 6
    NMAN L 6 A_Scream
    NMAN M 6 A_NoBlocking
    NMAN N 6
    TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItem ("RLBodyThud", 0, 0, 0, 0)
    NMAN OPQRS 6
    NMAN T -1
    Stop
no u
Actually, Archon is right, but not exactly. The boss death does indeed not trigger because your call isn't placed in the right spot. 0-tic duration calls aren't performed if they're the first thing in a state.
Just move the A_BossDeath frame lower down and it'll work.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

terranova wrote:Actually, Archon is right, but not exactly. The boss death does indeed not trigger because your call isn't placed in the right spot. 0-tic duration calls aren't performed if they're the first thing in a state.
Just move the A_BossDeath frame lower down and it'll work.
No.
That only applies to the first called frame of the Spawn state.
This functions perfectly and I have tested it many, many times.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Or more specifically, the first frame of an actor when it's spawned (which just so happens to always be the Spawn state :P).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”