DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Tapwave »

KILLER2 wrote: As for not wanting to, why? It would fix the difficulty issue (specifically things being too easy on standard difficulties) without sacrificing monster variety (armageddon, technophobia). Sounds like a win-win to me.
Because Yholl already has a humongous and difficult codebase to work with, and working on another complex codebase is not something he is seeking to do, especially since he's trying to finish the next version. :p
Tl;dr if you want it do it yourself
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Yholl wrote:The damage is lowered, yes, especially at three artifacts worth.
But it'll be a bit stronger than Hunting Revolver or are they going to have the same damage output?
Yholl wrote:Yeah, stuff like the Hurricane Cannon and Judge of the Dead desperately need overhauls. If you get a Legendary and it's not one of the best things you're carrying, then I've done something wrong. Or you're a maget with no taste.
I love the legendary guns, most of them are on par with the demonic weapons, but only when in comes to gimmicks but still they're great. RDA and Baron Blaster being the example. But the demonic weapons are better when you're looking for consistent damage. Most of them hit instantly and their damage isn't something to make fun of. Unmaker has nigh-infinite ammo and if you're Marine or some other guy with a very protective armor you can just W+M1 unless you're facing a boss since most of them are immune to demonic weapons. Hell's Reign will ravage anything that's close. SoulStorm can slaughter enemies at it's strongest and swarm them if you Sniper mod it and the exotic mods for it are fun and useful. BFG Infinity seems to be the only one as of now that can compete with demonic weapons.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

KILLER2 wrote:As for not wanting to, why?
Just haven't wanted to right now, been doing a billion other things.
I'm not saying I won't put it in, I'm just saying I'm not interested in trying right now.
Tapwave wrote:Because Yholl already has a humongous and difficult codebase to work with, and working on another complex codebase is not something he is seeking to do, especially since he's trying to finish the next version.
It's pretty simple stuff, honestly, the stuff I was doing earlier was way more death-inducing, hahahaha.
4thcharacter wrote:But it'll be a bit stronger than Hunting Revolver or are they going to have the same damage output?
Let's have a looksie at what I've done, throw some numberinos at ya.

• HR = 30-90 damage | Scout 240 damage
    HPHR = 35-175 damage | Scout 350 damage

DG1 = 10-30 damage | Scout 80 damage
    DG3 = 216 damage

Of course, Death's Gaze fires faster, holds more shots, and reloads much faster than the Hunting Revolvers.
First person to work out why the damage is 216 gets a cookie.
Spoiler:
4thcharacter wrote:Unmaker has nigh-infinite ammo and if you're Marine or some other guy with a very protective armor you can just W+M1 unless you're facing a boss since most of them are immune to demonic weapons.
Unmaker uses much more ammo, heh. Can't fire that thing forever anymore.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

I assume 216 because with the scout multiplier it would be 616 (true number of the beast) or 666 (common number of the beast) for him?
As for not wanting to look at a monster replacer for now, that's great :D The way you worded it previously made it more leaning to "I don't like the idea" rather than "not yet" (at least to me). Great to see you're considering it.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

KILLER2 wrote:I assume 216 because with the scout multiplier it would be 616 (true number of the beast) or 666 (common number of the beast) for him?
No, I listed the Scout's damage for the weapons.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

You didn't list it for DG3 tho.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Yholl wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:But it'll be a bit stronger than Hunting Revolver or are they going to have the same damage output?
Let's have a looksie at what I've done, throw some numberinos at ya.

• HR = 30-90 damage | Scout 240 damage
    HPHR = 35-175 damage | Scout 350 damage

DG1 = 10-30 damage | Scout 80 damage
    DG3 = 216 damage

Of course, Death's Gaze fires faster, holds more shots, and reloads much faster than the Hunting Revolvers.
First person to work out why the damage is 216 gets a cookie.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

KILLER2 wrote:You didn't list it for DG3 tho.
exactly
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

So I said "the scout's multiplier is probably 616 or 666 for DG3" to which you reply "I listed the scout's multiplier for the weapons". Then I say you didn't list it for DG3 and you say "exactly". I am confused.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Would it be possible for the "choose which ammo type benefits the most from this backpack you're getting" menu to be more like the experimental phase device's menu, with a "cancel" option at the bottom? I was playing a wad where a scrounger backpack I didn't really want was placed right next to a switch I needed to press, so activating the switch forced me into the "choose an ammo type" menu and made me completely unable to move without choosing something.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Have you tried telling the backpack you already have a boyfriend/girlfriend/omnisexual helicopterkin?
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I don't think I have a key bound to that.
Clocky
Location: Inside a BFG 10K's Energy Cell magazine (Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre)

Post by Clocky »

I've been playing DoomRL Arsenal for 4 weeks now, it is EXTREMELY addictive, after playing for alotta time, I'd like to suggest some things.

Maybe Nightmare variants for the following:
Former Human (pistol;female/male)
Former Human (assault rifle;female/male)
Chaingun Guy

and maybe a bigger, badder arachanotron variant, that shoots explosive bullets instead of plasma and has red, pulsating veins (optional, of course.)

Each of the character's clothes could be black,maybe with a bit of detail, the eyes could be a very dark black too, each character having dual wielded weapons, for example, the chaingun guy wielding two Miniguns, but having an, 8 second reload time, while pistol wielding enemies would reload faster than the double shotgun wielding former human, asssault rifle wielding enemies would fire faster than a normal one, dealing two times more damage and possibly breaking your armor, they would reload within 6 seconds.

Variety of dual wielded weapons could be (I've only seen two, not sure if you've made any or more)
Dual Combat Pistols, Dual Handcannons, Dual Pistols, Dual Combat Rifles, Dual Assault Shotguns, and maybe dual plasma rifles too.
Reload times could be actually 2-3 seconds per weapon because it really is hard to reload two weapons at the same time in real life, and imagine reloading two plasma rifles in real life.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

KILLER2 wrote:So I said "the scout's multiplier is probably 616 or 666 for DG3" to which you reply "I listed the scout's multiplier for the weapons". Then I say you didn't list it for DG3 and you say "exactly". I am confused.
Because there is no multiplier at three artifacts. Damage is always 216. If there was, I would have written it.
SiFi270 wrote:Would it be possible for the "choose which ammo type benefits the most from this backpack you're getting" menu to be more like the experimental phase device's menu, with a "cancel" option at the bottom?
That's actually already been rewritten, allowing for cancelling the choice, as well as manually dropping special backpacks with a keybind.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

that'd help a lot in the cases a dedicated backpack decides to be all "ayy lmao" in front of that one switch you need to press to proceed.
i've started replaying this again. shotgunning things with Renegade is still a lot of fun to do. i predict that when the next update comes, i'll literally have no soul left. because this mod will steal it from my body.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”