DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SAraisXenoQueen

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

Ethril wrote:Perhaps I was being a bit overdramatic.
It wasn't really that horrible anyway, it was just a gigantic waste of time, ammo, and patience. The damn thing had 25000 health.
Most monsters in Armageddon are a pain in the ass in their own way. The hellstorm elemental heals by you shooting plasma at it. Tie in the gluttony elemental there, and have it turn into that if you decide to keep using plasma on it. As if it wasn't a nasty enough surprise before with it's vortexes flying about...

The hungry are annoying little glass cannons that shred you to peices. Taking a fast-firing, large-magazine weapon with high spread is your friend, as they're individually much weaker than their other counterparts. What usually allows them to massacre people is their quick speed and ability to clip through eachother. Mix this with the absurd, blinding speeds, and the knowledge that where there's one, there's a whole goddamn swarm, is usually what will save you.

I wouldn't mind running into one (with less health). Serves as another thing I have to plan for. This is derived from a rogue-like derived from doom. It's about time Hell and the RNG started kicking my ass again!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Yholl wrote:
tchkb wrote:I saw very little advantages of CS compared to the standard one
Apart from the far greater accuracy and rapid fire capacity? A Combat Shotgun is simply an alternative to the Shotgun. It's not meant to be better or worse, much like the Chaingun/Battle Rifle. I've redone the damage calculation for both it and the Assault Shotgun already anyway, so I imagine your concerns will be put to rest with the next patch.
curious, what exactly is it that's changed? the description for the shotguns say they have lower damage randomization, has something been changed with that?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SAraisXenoQueen wrote:I wouldn't mind running into one (with less health). Serves as another thing I have to plan for. This is derived from a rogue-like derived from doom. It's about time Hell and the RNG started kicking my ass again!
Then fight a shadow aura Agony Elemental, as I said.

In any case, I'm working towards getting the DRLA stuff done now. If you like horrible murder, there will be at least 4 new Armageddon enemies in the next monsterpack, replacing the Imp, Spectre, Arch-vile and an alt boss for that difficulty, much like the Bruiser Brothers or Terminator. Lots of fixes and AI adjustments too, so some enemies will be a bit more intelligent.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:curious, what exactly is it that's changed? the description for the shotguns say they have lower damage randomization, has something been changed with that?
Before the change, they were 1d2 * 5 per pellet, compared to the Shotgun's 1d3 * 5. So 5 or 10 damage for the Combat Shotgun, and 5, 10, 15 for the regular.
Now they do (1d3 *5)-1, so they always do a point less damage than the normal Shotguns. So yeah, much more shooty.
DeadDawndus

Post by DeadDawndus »

Yholl wrote:Now they do (1d3 *5)-1, so they always do a point less damage than the normal Shotguns. So yeah, much more shooty.
Awesome. That definitely makes the choice more difficult, and better justifies picking up the combat shotgun outside of the possible assemblies.

On a different note, I picked up the Reality Distortion Array and played with it a little bit. I may need to play with it more, but is it just fire and a demon gets a dimensional boot from the game? Or is that just because I firestorm modded it? In any case, 1.05's guns were fucking amazing. Conqueror is vicious, and that certain little Legendary, don't think that love note was lost on me :wink:

Can't wait to see your new stuff planned, man. Good shit as always.

(Upon further inspection, I appear to be able to fly with freelook enabled using the Rigelatin's flamethrower. Not sure if that's intended, but apparently running DoomRPG along DRLA and getting a high enough fire rate it's possible to fly by aiming straight down.)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Flying with the flamethrower is fully intentional. It works that way in Duke Nukem 2, after all...
Subatomic-soundwave

Post by Subatomic-soundwave »

I'm sure you get this But I've recently started this mod and can't quite seem how to pick up weapons ? I see the new weapons drop and no way to pick up, I've also read that you said to bind to zoom key but I open the control sub-menu and there is no zoom key ? only drop weapon which I read was not used for the same function as my seemingly non existent zoom button
Subatomic-soundwave

In vanilla MAPS i have the issue of not being able to pick up weapons but if I run this through V.20 brutal doom then I can but I cannot choose a class, just spawn as standard doomguy. please If I could get a breakdown as to how this weapon system works exactly because there is no zoom key in my control mapping menu and I can drop weapon but can't pick them back up or pick up new ones. I'm a little frustrated, i've looked over the menus several times and can't find a "zoom key" .
H0wlr

Post by H0wlr »

Is the Assault Chaingun supposed to fire so slowly? It sounds like it's winding up but then winds back down immediately.

Also I'm new to this mod, is there a recommended way to play this? Should I download DoomRPG?
DeadDawndus

Post by DeadDawndus »

Ahhh, haven't played it yet. Well alright, that's neat as hell!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Subatomic-soundwave wrote:In vanilla MAPS i have the issue of not being able to pick up weapons but if I run this through V.20 brutal doom then I can but I cannot choose a class, just spawn as standard doomguy. please If I could get a breakdown as to how this weapon system works exactly because there is no zoom key in my control mapping menu and I can drop weapon but can't pick them back up or pick up new ones. I'm a little frustrated, i've looked over the menus several times and can't find a "zoom key" .
first of all, uhh, this mod is probably not very compatible with Brutal Doom at all. second of all, the zoom key is renamed into "drop item" and is located at the top of the configurable controls.
H0wlr wrote:Is the Assault Chaingun supposed to fire so slowly? It sounds like it's winding up but then winds back down immediately.
the Assault Chaingun loses its function of rapid-fire in favor of getting an accurate, 3x powerful damage boost instead. all assault weapons get this.

edit: does the xaser powerarmor work on plasma shotguns and the like, or is it strictly for standard plasma rifles and their assemblies only?
Subatomic-soundwave

yeah I'm not sure what It was I did exactly but I threw all the components into my raw Gzdoom folder ( vanilla with gzdoom basically) and it worked, although the other folder I had it in was only one with zdoom and a bunch of iwads so not sure what is conflicting.
Also I know that it would not be compatible with brutal doom at all but I was trying to say that the pick up functionality was working in it and not vanilla zdoom.
Great mod BTW I love it so far though I haven't found an exotic mod yet XD weren't kidding when you said they were rare.
Lastly the mysterious revolver ( or whichever name it was that has the random effect shots being rockets or bfg rays) seems to run through a couple cycles of firing randoms and reloading, then it eventually turns into an infinite ammo gun ( no reloading or ammo consumption ), is this supposed to happen ?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Subatomic-soundwave wrote:I'm sure you get this But I've recently started this mod and can't quite seem how to pick up weapons ? I see the new weapons drop and no way to pick up, I've also read that you said to bind to zoom key but I open the control sub-menu and there is no zoom key ? only drop weapon which I read was not used for the same function as my seemingly non existent zoom button
Sorry for the confusion. The Zoom key is renamed to Drop Item (DRLA), and the previously existing Drop Item key was renamed to Unused, to cut down on confusion, but my old instructions conflict with that a little bit, haha.
H0wlr wrote:Also I'm new to this mod, is there a recommended way to play this? Should I download DoomRPG?
The recommended way to play is just to play through a megawad with it, really. Just choose your favourite levelset and go nuts on it, hehe.

DoomRPG adds a huge amount of content, but it's probably better if you familiarize yourself with DRLA before combining both mods into their final giga-form.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:does the xaser powerarmor work on plasma shotguns and the like, or is it strictly for standard plasma rifles and their assemblies only?
Only Plasma Rifles and their assemblies. It does not work on Plasma Shotguns or Nuclear Plasma Rifles.
Subatomic-soundwave wrote:Lastly the mysterious revolver ( or whichever name it was that has the random effect shots being rockets or bfg rays) seems to run through a couple cycles of firing randoms and reloading, then it eventually turns into an infinite ammo gun ( no reloading or ammo consumption ), is this supposed to happen ?
Mysterious, isn't it?
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

I've been idly wondering if the recipes for certain master assemblies were chosen to reflect the sounds the weapons make. I'm saying this, because i ended up enjoying the BAFF almost as much as i love the PAFS.

Speaking of which, i would rather like it if the charge sound for that last one matched the charge percentage so it could be used as an intuitive indication. I Would also like it if charging up said weapon did use more ammo than usual, so it wouldn't feel so much like cheating. That is also the reason i avoid nano weapons altogether.

I'd also like to add that, currently, crate drops can also be manipulated by killing a few things, and, after reloading the game, killing a different number of things.

Finally, i've been entertaining myself with the idea of the most obscenely expensive assembly in existence, an NNFS. However, for that price, it would have to:
  • Frag every enemy in sight;
  • Inflict 199 points of damage to the player (99 points if invulnerable) when fired;
  • Require 1 rocket, 1 shell, 4 bullets and 6 cells to reload for 2% of the amount required to fire;
  • Require a superior weapon as base (yes, i know superiors can only take two mods, i imagine the limitation would be lifted after the first two nano mods were applied. Or, maybe, two nano mods on a superior would assemble an Experimental Weapon Chassis which would then accept two more mods and change properties based on the type of mods applied, oh, alright, whatever, it could just as well take a nuclear weapon as base, satisfied?);
  • Be called "The Massacre".
Which is a bit too pretentious even by my standards.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Finally, i've been entertaining myself with the idea of the most obscenely expensive assembly in existence, an NNFS. However, for that price, it would have to:
  • Frag every enemy in sight;
  • Inflict 199 points of damage to the player (99 points if invulnerable) when fired;
  • Require 1 rocket, 1 shell, 4 bullets and 6 cells to reload for 2% of the amount required to fire;
  • Require a superior weapon as base (yes, i know superiors can only take two mods, i imagine the limitation would be lifted after the first two nano mods were applied. Or, maybe, two nano mods on a superior would assemble an Experimental Weapon Chassis which would then accept two more mods and change properties based on the type of mods applied, oh, alright, whatever, it could just as well take a nuclear weapon as base, satisfied?);
  • Be called "The Massacre".
Which is a bit too pretentious even by my standards.
Well i have good idea to put it, it would be the nuclear onslaughter i mean you have 2 nuclear cannons why not turn the 2 nuclear powered plasma cannons into gun that does BUM and then you have to do the longest reload time evar i mean at least its an idea nontheless
AlumiuN

Post by AlumiuN »

Simon-v wrote:I'd also like to add that, currently, crate drops can also be manipulated by killing a few things, and, after reloading the game, killing a different number of things.
You don't even need to do that, just save with it unopened, and then try different times between opening it (although note that the general rarity of the crate always stays the same).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”