Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Triple S

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): Update 4-10

Post by Triple S »

Make it a hilariously over-decorated pill bottle and call it "Thor's Suppliments"
m4lmaster

Post by m4lmaster »

undead003 wrote:Well, I remade the standalone Accessories to Murder HUD some folks here may know of, inspired by the new update (I hope I'm allowed to release this kind of stuff in public, if not, warn me). Here you go. Credit goes to DoomNukem and Wildweasel, obviously.
i cant see the ammo in the magazine with this hud. only shows total ammo
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

DoomNukem wrote:I wouldn't mind at all, it's up to WW but that would be brilliant and greatly appreciated, while I didn't really change these from the originals I am so terrible at muzzleflashes all together so thanks in advance for any assistance your able to provide :)
I'll start on this, so even if they aren't endorsed by WW i can still have a personal mutator for them.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I'm working on a modified AtM at the moment, and the following will be addressed:

*ADS sprites not being centered (fixed)
*Rifle firing and to-ADS animations (see above)
*Vore's ineffectiveness as an Archvile replacement (at present, even the GHOUL is deadlier than it)
*Proper Archvile replacement (Plutonia's respawning chaingunner is broken, for example)
*Inconsistency between zombie idle animations
*Bottlenecked casings for the AR (a SCAR-L firing what amounts to 45-70 Gov't rounds? Really? The Soviet/ex-Soviet equivalent is bottlenecked, for crying out loud - you need some 5.56's!)
*Ditto for the Chaingun
*The RL's low-contrast compared to the newer, higher-contrast animations added with the 4-10 update
*Proper voxel replacements for the new pickup sprites

Until a new sprite set for Archie is put together (hopefully one that shares design elements with the current nobles), I will use the Hellion sprite set that X-Weapon's Demon Medic uses, though with a floor-hugging projectile and more balanced stats - it will NOT be a direct port from X-Weapon. Because a few of these things were remedied in my derivative mod, I see no reason why AtM should suffer from them as well. Any voxel pickups I make for AtM will be done using the Voxelbro Method: made at double-size, than scaled down in voxeldef.txt.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

m4lmaster wrote:
undead003 wrote:Well, I remade the standalone Accessories to Murder HUD some folks here may know of, inspired by the new update (I hope I'm allowed to release this kind of stuff in public, if not, warn me). Here you go. Credit goes to DoomNukem and Wildweasel, obviously.
Yes. That's because it's standalone. And intended for vanilla use. Vanilla weapons do not reload.

Please don't tell me you play Brutal Doom.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

TheRailgunner wrote: Perhaps the GOD capsule could say THOR instead? And a different GOD capsule for invul?
I will change it to read THOR, although it will be 4-5 pixels wider, and again the god capsule is not for Invul, I already did a sprite for that so it matches the godmode mugshot.
TheRailgunner wrote:I'm working on a modified AtM at the moment, and the following will be addressed:

*ADS sprites not being centered (fixed)
*Rifle firing and to-ADS animations (see above)
*Vore's ineffectiveness as an Archvile replacement (at present, even the GHOUL is deadlier than it)
*Proper Archvile replacement (Plutonia's respawning chaingunner is broken, for example)
*Inconsistency between zombie idle animations
*Bottlenecked casings for the AR (a SCAR-L firing what amounts to 45-70 Gov't rounds? Really? The Soviet/ex-Soviet equivalent is bottlenecked, for crying out loud - you need some 5.56's!)
*Ditto for the Chaingun
*The RL's low-contrast compared to the newer, higher-contrast animations added with the 4-10 update
*Proper voxel replacements for the new pickup sprites

Until a new sprite set for Archie is put together (hopefully one that shares design elements with the current nobles), I will use the Hellion sprite set that X-Weapon's Demon Medic uses, though with a floor-hugging projectile and more balanced stats - it will NOT be a direct port from X-Weapon. Because a few of these things were remedied in my derivative mod, I see no reason why AtM should suffer from them as well. Any voxel pickups I make for AtM will be done using the Voxelbro Method: made at double-size, than scaled down in voxeldef.txt.
- the rifle was actually based off a bushmaster acr and some of these things have already been fixed and sent to ww for addition.

- The RL was not changed or added to in the 4-10 update, it has been the same its always been, however I have already done a RL with better contrast and a larger hand that I sent to WW yesterday however I am redoing a few parts of it and refining it as I am still not happy with the results.

- I also already did bottlenecked casings and new shotgun shells yesterday and sent them over to wildweasel, I assume he's given them to Voxelbro or will be and he is already redoing the voxel weapons and items based on the 4-10 update, it doesn't make sense to double on work although the other stuff you mentioned probably need fixing.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

blame my old-ass computer, i can't polish those voxels because slab6 causes BSoD at my computer. so i'm really hoping for voxelbro repolishes weapons, and weasel adding a latest version of voxelbro's voxel addon, though; least it had a casings with primer part.
m4lmaster

Post by m4lmaster »

undead003 wrote:
m4lmaster wrote:
Yes. That's because it's standalone. And intended for vanilla use. Vanilla weapons do not reload.

Please don't tell me you play Brutal Doom.
not Sarges version. i usually use SE or a custom v19 lite for use with Xweapon because Ketchup isnt compatible with custom monsters. i really like the feel...i grew up playing doom and it brought me back with a challenge :D i use to run through nightmare on vanilla like crazy.
Voxelbro

Post by Voxelbro »

Here's the complete pack until now http://www.mediafire.com/download/jvubl ... el_2.0.pk3. Everything new on the 4-10 update has been converted.
I still need to do the things that are so new they weren't implemented
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Looks like the small ammo box for the gatling gun is physically larger in the game world than the large ammo box. I'd have to guess that's an error?

Also, if I may put in another suggestion, could the weapons be given SelectionOrder properties, so that the sledge isn't always the one autoselected when ammo runs dry?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:Looks like the small ammo box for the gatling gun is physically larger in the game world than the large ammo box. I'd have to guess that's an error?
Probably nothing that a Scale property couldn't fix.

[edit] Ah ha, turns out Voxelbro had merely forgotten to define a scale for mclpb in the Voxeldef.txt.
Also, if I may put in another suggestion, could the weapons be given SelectionOrder properties, so that the sledge isn't always the one autoselected when ammo runs dry?
Already done for next version. I might need your help with the new weapon, though.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I'm already flattered to be asked for help. I'd be happy to!

I also had a couple of requests, but they're very much secondary (if that; probably tertiary or lower) considerations... I play most things with a custom-made HUD, which features info not frequently used by others, including the nametags for ammunition. Would it be okay with you to give the ammo classes nice names, so the classnames don't show up (classes in programming were never named to be pretty, after all)? I also center the mugshots based on how they were in vanilla Doom, so Taggart's mug in this looks rather off-center. Would you be alright with giving the graphic lumps an offset like Doom's, and adjusting the mugshot on the AtM HUD accordingly? I'm more than happy to do these things myself; I'm mainly just seeking your approval for the ideas.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Alright, Ed, I've sent you a PM.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

And I have sent a reply. :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

now finally some guns on voxel addon came out really great also shades! but the rocket launcher, chaingun and bfg still has no different, though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”