Weapons of Saturn

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE January 01, 2015]

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Coming now the fifth update for WOS-HXRTC... Yeah! :shucks:

The changes on this release are the following ones:

- Included a totally new and exclusive weapon: the Plasma Zapper! Known as an ultra-secret and deprecated prototype of the UAC, this radiactive and semi-automatic pistol, as is name says, works with Energy Cells instead of rudimentary bullets. Quite powerful weapon and light as a feather, it's clip capacity allows a total of 20 shot rounds without recharging! However, it could be a bit unstable due to its nuclear-based mechanism. Use it at your own risk! :P
- Updated Combat Rifle skin with a bit different appearance, including now a greenish aim LCD screen. Cooler than before!
- Removed the red aim laser of Combat Rifle, due to strange issues with some hitscan switches featured in several megawads. (In fact, the laser was provoking that type of switches were automatically and infinitely activated, without the need of shooting any bullet! It will be restored when I find a solution for this abnormal behaviour. Meanwhile, you can still use the ZDoom's default crosshair to aim accurately.)
- Another some tiny maintenance fixings.

DOWNLOAD WOS-HXRTC Update 5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e1dks ... XRTC-U5.7z

As usual, have fun! 8-)
spedos22

Post by spedos22 »

Theres a problem when I try to launch it, whenever I launch it, it says
Execution could not continue.

Script error, "WOS_HXRTC-U5.PK3:actors/knuckles.txt" line 5:
"weapon.bobspeed" is an unknown actor property
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Sounds like your version of ZDoom is not up to date. Get a newer one from http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/
comet1337_old

Post by comet1337_old »

Hexereticdoom wrote: - Removed the red aim laser of Combat Rifle, due to strange issues with some hitscan switches featured in several megawads. (In fact, the laser was provoking that type of switches were automatically and infinitely activated, without the need of shooting any bullet! It will be restored when I find a solution for this abnormal behaviour. Meanwhile, you can still use the ZDoom's default crosshair to aim accurately.)
wouldnt +notrigger work?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

comet1337 wrote:
Hexereticdoom wrote: - Removed the red aim laser of Combat Rifle, due to strange issues with some hitscan switches featured in several megawads. (In fact, the laser was provoking that type of switches were automatically and infinitely activated, without the need of shooting any bullet! It will be restored when I find a solution for this abnormal behaviour. Meanwhile, you can still use the ZDoom's default crosshair to aim accurately.)
wouldnt +notrigger work?
I'm gonna try it... Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

EDIT: Sir, you gave me the solution to the problem! I owe you a cold beer... :cheers:

Again, thanks a lot for the tip, now I can restore the feature in next update! :)
chelonian

Post by chelonian »

Maybe a
Hexereticdoom wrote:
comet1337 wrote:
wouldnt +notrigger work?
I'm gonna try it... Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

EDIT: Sir, you gave me the solution to the problem! I owe you a cold beer... :cheers:

Again, thanks a lot for the tip, now I can restore the feature in next update! :)
The laser still seemed to work for me, so I don't know what you're talking about. But it did seem a bit boring to me, seeing as how it's really such a common feature for Doom assault rifles. Maybe a three-round burst altfire?
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

The rifle used to have a three round burst with the sights up, but I later removed it and don't remember why. I think I just liked full auto better, but I could bring it back if that would be more fun. I still want to keep the laser sight, and I'll have +NOTRIGGER added in the next update even though I think pointing a laser to open a shootable switch is cool and saves ammo. I also plan to remove the 1911 unless someone protests because I find it annoying as a random drop and I don't think it's cool enough to replace the starting pistol. I'll leave the code in the zip file for anyone who wants to add it back. I'm currently apartment hunting so I'm ridiculously busy right now, but I can manage to have an updated version sometime this month.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I like the Colt .45, it actually works really well when you're playing with tougher monsters, as it has a bit more punch. It has a nice sprite/sound as well.
chelonian

Post by chelonian »

Lippeth wrote:The rifle used to have a three round burst with the sights up, but I later removed it and don't remember why. I think I just liked full auto better, but I could bring it back if that would be more fun. I still want to keep the laser sight, and I'll have +NOTRIGGER added in the next update even though I think pointing a laser to open a shootable switch is cool and saves ammo. I also plan to remove the 1911 unless someone protests because I find it annoying as a random drop and I don't think it's cool enough to replace the starting pistol. I'll leave the code in the zip file for anyone who wants to add it back. I'm currently apartment hunting so I'm ridiculously busy right now, but I can manage to have an updated version sometime this month.
How about a futuristic-looking revolver like the Mateba or Chiappa Rhino?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Good luck finding centered sprites for both the Mateba and the Chiappa Rhino.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Lippeth wrote:The rifle used to have a three round burst with the sights up, but I later removed it and don't remember why. I think I just liked full auto better, but I could bring it back if that would be more fun. I still want to keep the laser sight, and I'll have +NOTRIGGER added in the next update even though I think pointing a laser to open a shootable switch is cool and saves ammo. I also plan to remove the 1911 unless someone protests because I find it annoying as a random drop and I don't think it's cool enough to replace the starting pistol. I'll leave the code in the zip file for anyone who wants to add it back. I'm currently apartment hunting so I'm ridiculously busy right now, but I can manage to have an updated version sometime this month.
Yeah, it feels like the 1911 is infuriating my gameplay with killing zombiemen. I actually am tired of having to not even notice a 1911, accidentally pick it up, and when I'm in the middle of firing my rifle at zombiemen, I switch weapons... *sigh*
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Try disabling automatic weapon switching; you'll find it in Player Setup.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Why isn't there a "Swap if weapon is better" option in zdoom?
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Define "better".
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Ed the Bat wrote:Define "better".
If it has a lower Weapon.SelectionOrder number.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”