Weapons of Saturn

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE July 07, 2014]

Post by Captain J »

when i played it's latest version, the shotgun was worked fine to me. hell, even it has a a_refire check either.

oh, anyway about the combat rifle, it seems plays sound twice when i reloading it. is it was intensional?
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

jimbob wrote:I have a small issue with firing the shotgun. When firing it manually repeatedly, sometimes it does not fire. I have to press the fire key again.
I've run into what you're talking about, and to be honest, I have no idea how to fix that. It seems to just not respond at complete random.
Captain J wrote:oh, anyway about the combat rifle, it seems plays sound twice when i reloading it. is it was intensional?
I'll have that fixed in the next update, which should be pretty soon.
jimbob wrote:You could offer your ketchup gore mod version as a seperate download. I would like to have it. :)
Added to the first post. Although there is a small issue with the blue and green blood not sticking to the ceiling, so it falls and looks really bad. I should have this fixed fairly soon.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

So I took a look at the shotgun and I saw this at the end of the fire state:

RIOT A 1 A_Refire
RIOT A 1 A_WeaponReady
Goto Ready

I'm not an expert on this but I think I may see the problem here

1. Are you guys holding the fire button down or are you manually clicking it? Cause if your clicking it you may have missed your chance for A_Refire to trigger and now the guns stuck in RIOT A for 2 tics

2. Since the gun goes to the ready state, is A_WeaponReady even needed in the fire state? I found that strange, but you may have had a reason for it.

I believe it may be both thats doing this, I think a simple fix would be to make those tics 0 instead of 1.
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

Captain J wrote:when i played it's latest version, the shotgun was worked fine to me. hell, even it has a a_refire check either.
It's fine as long as you hold the fire trigger. If you pull the trigger repeatedly manually, the shotgun does not fire sometimes.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

I think I added A_WeaponReady to try and fix the issue in the first place with no luck.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

A_WeaponReady will clear the refire state, and there is now a specific code pointer to do just that. I don't know if that's an effect you were trying to go for though.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

Yeah, I don't know why I did what I did, but removing the weaponready state and changing the refire state to 0 fixed it. I started this project not too long after discovering DECORATE, and while I'm still no wizard, I could benefit from reviewing each line of code and cleaning everything up in hope to find more silly issues like that.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Nice update. I like that Colt 1911. I wouldn't mind seeing it as an ultra-rare item drop instead of a cheat item. The sprites for the reloading animations could be cleaned up a bit though to make it look consistent with the firing animations' sprites. Aside from that, excellent job so far!
jimbob

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE July 29, 2014]

Post by jimbob »

Dude, Lippeth, you need to post something about the update to bump this thread. :) It was pure luck that i stumbled again over this thread.
Lippeth

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE August 04, 2014]

Post by Lippeth »

Ha, sorry. I sometimes update without bumping if I don't have anything substantial to say about it, if it's just a minor change, or sometimes I plan on it and completely space. That being said, I've redone the 1911's sprites based on Captain J's 1911 edits as well as making it a rare spawn in place of clips. It can be changed back if It looks worse to anyone but I'm happy with it for now. I've also added to the chainsaw sprites and given it a secondary slash attack based on that anonymous sprite that Mike12 and SigFloyd used for BD SE.

I've also gone through and taken out all unnecessary resources and was able to cut the file size in half. And Before too long I plan to have new sprites for the plasma rifle and secondary attacks for every weapon.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Great update so far!

The secondary function for the Chainsaw is pretty cool, although I think the animation needs to be fixed. It would look better if the chainsaw disappears off the screen. Maybe add a couple more frames in the swinging animation. I'm not really sure how to best explain it. Basically, it looks really odd how the animation immediately goes straight to the idle animation.

One more thing I noticed. The 1911 can sometimes gib zombiemen.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

lizardcommando wrote:One more thing I noticed. The 1911 can sometimes gib zombiemen.
Lol. No wonder why it's not your starter weapon. XD

Okay about this mod, I'm going to be honest. I've emailed you how great it is Lippdeth, and overall, I honestly think this is the best mod that I have ever played. I would love to see more updates for this mod. I think this is the best way to play Doom, and I might upload videos of Doom with your mod (I'm thinking about it).

EDIT: Did I also mention that the HUD is beyond awesome with any mod? I LUV IT!!
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

That was semi-intentional, I always found gibbing lowbies with a .45 to be amusing. But Is there a gib flag I could add to the weapon or would it be simpler to make it shoot projectiles and add +NOEXTREMEDEATH?

I just fixed and updated the Chainsaw animation, though I'll still be toying with it for a while. I originally had him rev up the saw and stick it in the air to do the same damage as the primary attack and when you let go he slices down for extra damage. I scrapped this because I couldn't control where the damage pointed to onscreen, and A_Saw mechanics are a bit over my head at the moment.

Thanks DoomCraft, that means a lot! Which reminds me that I started working on a similar HUD for Hexen based on it's status bar. That bulky thing takes up too much space. I'll release that on a separate thread when it's done.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Lippeth wrote:But Is there a gib flag I could add to the weapon or would it be simpler to make it shoot projectiles and add +NOEXTREMEDEATH?
NOEXTREMEDEATH is the gib flag. You can put it on the bullet puff.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

Implemented, and thank you! I have a way of making things way more complicated than they need to be.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”