Weapons of Saturn

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE November 3, 2014]

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there!

Just take a peek for the forthcoming version of HXRTC HUD, made specially for Weapons of Saturn:

-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I like the layout, but the colors seem kind of jarring to look at, with bright greens up against black and blue.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

starcraft style to me.
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

I hope this goes to release, personally I like the different look it has. Also, Weapons of Saturn is one of my favorite mods, I use it with any mod that uses stock weapons. Would be great to have a custom HUD for it.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

-Ghost- wrote:I like the layout, but the colors seem kind of jarring to look at, with bright greens up against black and blue.
Well, the green numbers are subject to dynamic changes, concretely when you are running out of health, armor or an ammo type; when in 'warning' state the color changes to yellow, and in 'critical' state changes to red, in a similar (but not exact) way like the ZDoom's Alternate HUD. Also, the Stimpack panel will change its color when you pick up a Berserk pack.
Ferguson wrote:I hope this goes to release, personally I like the different look it has. Also, Weapons of Saturn is one of my favorite mods, I use it with any mod that uses stock weapons. Would be great to have a custom HUD for it.
I also hope I can release it... But first I'll have to wait to Esselfortium's answer in the BTSX HUD 2.x thread.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

I like the colors, looks rad.
Lippeth

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE December 25, 2014]

Post by Lippeth »

I've fixed and changed a few sprites in the original mod. The actual list of everything that has changed is on the front page, but the main focus is that I removed the caution tape from the pulse rifle. I had planned to completely replace it with something entirely different, but figured 'Why make such a drastic change so late in development?'. Plus I really like everything else about it.
Spoiler:
SladeEXE wrote:I've noticed something odd about the minigun. It plays the firing sound three times, takes four out of the ammo, and fires five projectiles. Odd, am I right?
I think I did that for balancing reasons. I remember trying to time it all out so it could mimic the vanilla chaingun's dps and ammo counter somewhat accurately, while adding a little more stopping power. Nice observation, it is a bit odd that it ended up like that!
T1 Heavy Tank
Location: Philippine, USA, Japan, Great Britain, Spain, and Cuba

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE December 25, 2014]

Post by T1 Heavy Tank »

Very impressive ill get cool style in Christmas weapons :lol:
Lippeth

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE December 26, 2014]

Post by Lippeth »

I know I just did an update, but fixing the pulse rife got me thinking about the minigun.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I don't know if you have addressed this or not but will you add an option to either reduce or turn off the smoke effects from the weapons? Sometimes it can cause some slight lag, especially with the combat shotgun when you aim down the sights and shoot.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

A quick solution while I work on a toggle option is to put a double forward slash in front of #include ACTORS/SMOKE.txt in the decorate file in Slade. You get a couple script warnings but it runs just fine.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

I asked this previously and seemed to have been missed; Would it be possible to have a version of your (Lippeth) WOS HUD that works in Vanilla DOOM? Most of it does work already, except for the keycards.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

If by vanilla you mean the original doom.exe, then I'm not sure. I made the whole thing specifically for ZDoom in 16:9 so I wouldn't know how much could be accurately translated, if at all. I would need a lot of help on this, or someone else might have to do it.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Allow me to correct myself; What I mean by "Vanilla" is without Weapons of Saturn. I run through DOOM without any mods quite often, but I've never liked the default HUD.

During my attempts to use your HUD without WOS, the keycard lights do not light up when I acquire a new card. That is literally the only issue I've had, and I would fix it myself, had I the knowledge.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

That is pretty strange then, even stand alone it has always worked for me without an issue. Does it work when you run it with WOS? I can't imagine that being a factor because no resource from one would be in the other. Still that's an odd bug that I can't recreate. When the keycards do light up it has never been insanely bright, but I've never had an issue with them not showing up at all. Strange indeed, and I'm sorry that I can't fix it because I can't recreate it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”