OPERATION: INHUMAN (BRUTAL20B READY)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cortlong50

OPERATION: INHUMAN (BRUTAL20B READY)

Post by cortlong50 »

video by m4lmaster because he fuckin rocks. (also in the video is his awesome ass real music pack. I cant find a link to it right now, m4lmaster, upload it on zdoom forums,also this is an older video, its changed a bit as far as the effects and bad assery.)

TO VIEW SCREENS (because i dont wanna reupload them) GO HERE

https://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-inhuman

http://www.mediafire.com/file/az68wr2cm ... 9.zip/file
GZDOOM ONLY! (will not run without brutal doom)

here is a download for brutal 19(not opinhuman) (DEFINITELY RECOMMEND YOU PLAY WITH THIS!) and a download for zdl which makes running the mod a whole lot easier.
Spoiler:

(BE SURE TO USE THE "LIGHTS.PK3" FOR USE OF DYNAMIC LIGHTS!!!! AND BE SURE TO HAVE A NICER RIG)
(BE SURE TO SAVE THE BATCH FILE AFTER EDITING AS "FILENAME.BAT" (WITH THE QUOTES INCLUDED!

READ THIS SENTENCE
Spoiler:
RGA FOR BRUTAL DOOM.
simply because we need more guns, and this pack had a ton.
now i know....lets throw the most over-rated game on top of the most righteous game ever. but im really diggin it, and after i get a hold of voltlock for permissions then i will hopefully post it. i do need help with some coding, and after permissions ill be posting beta tests for it. its fun, definitely changes things, but still feels like run and gunnin bad assery. i dont wanna change the game too much, but of course putting mw2 on top of doom is gonna be weird. its takes some getting used to. but i dont want it to block ANY of the brutal doom features. i dont want it to be a weapon pack on top of brutal doom, i want it to be brutal doom with a shit ton of guns on top of the game. plus added effects, nothing annoying, nothing the old school cats dont like...just good hard immersion.

FEATURES:
-I am trying to make sure this doesnt feel like a weapon pack sitting on top of your game. so i am doing my god damndest to make sure all the brutal doom features come through for each weapon (dropping spent mags, casings, tracers...blowin fuckin heads off)
-i am going to figure out a way to make the barrett, intervention and the ranger all cause deaths like the SSG at close range. (like people in half shit. could you imagine sniper rounds like that? because i can...and it makes me sweat)
-making sure explosions cause all the damage they should, and if the shells dont explode that they at least blow people in half and shit.
-trying to keep the pace of doom as much as possible while still changing the entire arsenal...if a gun doesnt fire as fast as its doom counterpart (the rocket launcher for example) then i up the damage enough to compensate. stuff like that. i dont want this to change the game...i want it to add a shit ton of guns to play with.
-trying to remove all of rgas limits on gun carrying, while still limiting it so youre not sorting through weapons as you play.
-all fatalities and player effects are preserved. (need to import kick with weapons)
-shortened animations so youre not reloading for half a minute when you should be blowing that dudes head off.
-put a palette over the top to lower the blues. it looks awesome.
-included doomnukems bad ass hud! CHECK IT OUT!

WHATS FINISHED
-all guns that have shotgun shells and rifle rounds eject shells. everything but two guns eject shells when shot.
-preserved all the deaths from brutal doom so barons still grab your ass and rip you in half, chainguns still blow your arm off. its good.
-all the deaths and explosions are preserved...heads blow off...grenades demolish entire rooms...barons blow into a bunch of pieces.
-changed the sprites for pickups so that they dont obstruct view when playing...as much. definitely need to figure something new out but its presentable.
-changed grenade and rocket behavior. (added dynamic lights)
-weapons have tracers (has been buggy)
-weapons eject magazine according to animation...so if he throws the mag to the left it doesnt fly out of the front of your body. stuff like that. a lot of detail and fumbling wiht shit has been done with this. the shotgun ejects the shells behind you, stuff like that.
-a lot of thigns have been changed that not many are going to notice but i couldnt help but change because it has to be on par with brutal doom..and i know hes put a lot of work into that.
-removed regeneration and went with health packs. cant stand regen...and it just isnt doom,
-removed anything that isnt in the original game besides guns. its all about guns with this one.
-added dynamic lights to all guns, explosions, etc. its fuckin awesome. (be sure to run lights.pk3 immediately after gzdoom)
-brought back fast doomguy (fuck being bogged down by weapons, thanks for the input ussr!)
-got rid of the annoying muzzle flash and replaced it with buttery ass dynamic lighting. its better. trust me.
-fixed weird enemy smoke puff, and replaced it with COD style smoke. removing the weird square smoke from previous betas.
-imported all pain effects. (screens cracking, blood on screen ETC)
-removed all RGA features. not a fan. dont want em. sorry.
-added kicking to M4. need to add it to all weapons.
-AS OF OP_INHUMAN BETA 2.0 ADDED NEW SOUNDS, ALL MONSTERS, MORE RICOCHET SOUNDS, EXPLOSIONS, GUN SHOTS. SOUNDS ARE HUUUUGE. A BUNCH OF NEW EFFECTS, SMOKING SHELLS, AWESOME SHIT. i feel it adds a lot to immersion.
-RESPRITING NOW (PLAYABLE RESPRITED WEAPONS WITH NEW GUNS. NOT FINISHED.)

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW)
-i need to get permissions so please...if you can get a hold of voltlock...do it. i need those permissions even though the pack i got didnt have a readme. i cant release it in good conscious.
-gotta change the text so when you pick up guns it displays proper carrying capacity.
-fix framerate issues. bad.
-make two versions (mainly dynamic lighting differences...one for beefy rigs, one for laptops (anything under a gig of v-ram).

SCREEN TIME.

im growing pretty fond of the RGA explosions actually.[/spoiler]

if anyone knows where to get ahold of voltlock lemme know.

YOURE BORED...I KNOW THIS, SO GET THE BETA AND SHOOT SHIT. NOT ZANDRONUM COMPATIBLE, ONLY GZDOOM. AVOID THE BACKPACKS!!!
LEAVE A REVIEW!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/az68wr2cm ... 9.zip/file

(THIS ONE IS 20 MEGS LARGER THAN THE ORIGINAL, BECAUSE OF HIGH QUALITY SOUND, DONT COMPLAIN!)
leave a review please. all the in the works stuff will inevitably happen. i promise.
(USE LIGHTS.PK3 FOR USE OF DYNAMIC LIGHTS...THEY LOOK AWESOME AS FUCK)

HERE IS BRUTALDOOM19 DOWNLOAD AS WELL. (opinhuman is right above this!!! GET THIS THOUGH...FOR REAL)
Spoiler:
Last edited by cortlong50 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 83 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: BRUTAL DOOM WEAPON PACKS.

Post by wildweasel »

If this is thread is for your project, please post screenshots, video, or a download link. Otherwise, I will close it.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

you can delete it for now, ill wait til i get permissions.
once i do ill post a download link.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

actually, dont delete it yet. im gonna throw some screen shots together right now.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

edited: screenshots above. POW!
Last edited by cortlong50 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

It looks nice! Finally, what everybody wanted from Brutal Doom! :D
Mánibranðr System
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Mánibranðr System »

Now that's what I call going full potato! :D
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

What's wrong with the ammo counters on the side of the screen? You've got like 50 ammo types more than strictly necessary.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Kinsie wrote:What's wrong with the ammo counters on the side of the screen? You've got like 50 ammo types more than strictly necessary.
hahaha, i know, but its just crazy....theres so many theres even a few that dont fit. but i cant take any guns out. the more guns the better.
Hellser wrote:It looks nice! Finally, what everybody wanted from Brutal Doom! :D
i dont know if youre being sarcastic, but i just want ultimate arsenal style with enough ammo to actually use the guns and somehow...i ended up editing this haha. not an mw2 fan...but...GUNS!
ArcheKruz wrote:Now that's what I call going full potato! :D
the screens? haha they uh....yeah...it was a "hurry before wildweasel deletes it!" effort haha, zoom out a bit if you wanna check em out.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Oh, no. I wasn't be sarcastic. GUNS! MORE GUNS! RAINING GUNS! GUNAGEDDON!

But honestly, good luck! Great to see another modder around. 8-)
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Hellser wrote:Oh, no. I wasn't be sarcastic. GUNS! MORE GUNS! RAINING GUNS! GUNAGEDDON!

But honestly, good luck! Great to see another modder around. 8-)
^ this man understands me.

thanks bud. doomers are a lot nice than those damn nexus folk haha. im gonna pump out a bunch of weapon packs for BD. i have to...its calling me.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

*shameless plug*
I have some sprites you can use
*/shameless plug*
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

PermaNoob wrote:*shameless plug*
I have some sprites you can use
*/shameless plug*
these are AWESOME!

the pistols are sick. do you have anything else? id like to do just a reskin of the BD weapons. i want that doom style. i have the pack, i just gotta throw sprites in on it. wanna work together and make shit?
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

does ANYONE know how to fix the backpack bug from brutal doom that gives you the whole "expected a name" issue? as of right now i just avoid the fuckin backpacks.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

This seem's pretty cool, I quite like mw2's gameplay but you should be mindful of quality over quantity and as these sprites , the mw2 ripped weapons look horendous you should probably clean them up quite a bit and narrow down the weapons roster too, theres plenty of brutal packs out nowadays, mine was really unfinished and never quite reached anything substantial but these overloaded packs are numerous ive seen quite a few you should raise the bar a bit higher and aim for something a bit tighter in terms of aesthetic and gameplay.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”