Floating city project update, 8/2015. Screenshots inside!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jinal

Re: Take a look at my newest levels! WIP

Post by Jinal »

A Floating city in the sky eh? I guess it's going to be similar to Bioshock Infinite then?
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

Jinal wrote:I guess it's going to be similar to Bioshock Infinite then?
Which is a good thing.
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Ctrl+Alt+Destroy wrote:
Jinal wrote:I guess it's going to be similar to Bioshock Infinite then?
Which is a good thing.
Yep it is, we need more floating cities but hopefully this one would not be as racist/jingoistic as Columbia though....
real_trisk

Post by real_trisk »

It's so awesome to hear you all like it! ^_^ It's been a lot of work thus far, so I'm glad it is paying off. Eyegasms are good things!

I would LOVE some help on the project, making 3D models! I sent you a PM about it, Zygo.

Oh, I suppose it is like Bioshock Infinite. I haven't played that game, though, (waiting for a 3D Vision patch) so I have no idea how much or little this is like it. And I can assure you, Bioshock didn't figure in at all when I made it. I didn't even think about that 'till you mentioned it.
PFL

Post by PFL »

Wow! One month of work destroyed in 19 seconds and 28 shots. But absolutely fantastic.
zygo

Post by zygo »

heres a sample of what i could do. obviosuly with textures. debris would also be in 3d.
0001.png
0001.png (95.34 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
sorry its so small, theres a 256kb file limit -_-
zygo

Post by zygo »

Heres another one :)
Untitled-2.png
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

Totally worth the wait! I see so much potential for awesome dynamic gunfights, and the lights and sparks after shooting the lamps creates a very nice vibe. I hate to knock amazing sprite work, but I have to ask, out of all things in the world to put into a Doom mod, what compelled you to go with flower pots? I would have never thought to do that in a million years. Either way, excellent execution!
real_trisk

Post by real_trisk »

Flower pots. Why flower pots. I... honestly don't know. I thought they would blow up real cool? :p

These buildings are going to have a plethora of stores in them, from electronics shops to gas stations... so ultimately, for variety's sake, why NOT do flowers?

And then there is the whole blowing up cool thing. I'm working on the electronics shop now, and while I'm making sweet looking toasters that get riddled with bullet holes and have their parts fly off, it just isn't as cool and dynamic as that flower pot shattering into dozens of pieces.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

I like flower pots. :)
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

flower pots rule in shooters. book cases too. and i see youve got the pop can in there. score.

this looks quite amazing. the lighting is insane. keeping an eye on this one.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

with the ideas youre doing...this sounds like a laptop destroyer.

also, i just got to the "im gonna shoot shit" section of this video...this is awesome.

how close are you to being done?
real_trisk

Re: Take a look at my newest levels! I Need a 3D modeler...

Post by real_trisk »

I'm not remotely close at all. This is a massive undertaking to do all on my own, sadly. (Anyone wanna help?) I've got only two such shops done, and am working on a third. Many more will need to be done, as will a bunch of apartments and stuff like that.

I don't know what the target specs will be. If I can get someone to help me with some 3D modeling for objects, it will probably help the framerate quite a bit. Otherwise, I'm developing it on a laptop with a GeForce 670m graphics chip in it, which is a slightly faster version of a 560m, which is slower than a 560 desktop card. So with that much card, you'll be able to run it for sure.

Would anyone be willing to help me some? Check out the first post on this topic for details.
GoodYume6

Re: I Need a 3D modeler for my levels... anybody willing?

Post by GoodYume6 »

I would help on maping if you need, but im not so good and creative at it i just would like to help on this project a bit :wink:
real_trisk

Re: I Need a 3D modeler for my levels... anybody willing?

Post by real_trisk »

GoodYume6 wrote:I would help on maping if you need, but im not so good and creative at it i just would like to help on this project a bit :wink:
Wow... is a year later soon enough for a response? Geeze, I'm so sorry. >_< I'll send you a PM or email or whatever I can. I guess I should be telling people to email me, because I'm so bad at checking in regularly on websites.

Oh, I probably should check in with info on the project, huh? Hmm... lessee if I can do that little thing. I'm continuing to work, but it's so huge it is slow. Help would very much be appreciated.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”