Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RUNSABER

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by RUNSABER »

YES. This is what I've been waiting for. And I say no to a Samurai/Assassin. I prefer the medieval magic-runic environment that WoC provides. Although it is a good idea, if I wanted to play as a Samurai, I could load up Shadow Warrior (never played it) or play the Shinobi series.. I just feel someone with a sword and gun takes away from this core experience. Samsara is perfect for such concepts, and is available for your preference if you fit to play it in that way.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

I played this new update with Heretic during the first three maps and all worked perfectly, no errors, etc... Really good work!
Btw, I didnt find the merchant and if I summon him with console commands it just appears invisible, is it an error?
Kaeoschassis

Post by Kaeoschassis »

Exeor wrote:I played this new update with Heretic during the first three maps and all worked perfectly, no errors, etc... Really good work!
Btw, I didnt find the merchant and if I summon him with console commands it just appears invisible, is it an error?
Just chiming in as a counterpoint - I'm about a third of the way through an oblige mapset with the new version and I've met the merchant once already. He was visible and seemed to work fine, both buying and selling.
My immediate response would be check your load order? But if everything else is working fine that may not be the case.

Just gonna say though, the texture replacer makes for a much cooler experience, and I really like having someone to sell my excess discs of repulsion to. So far, really enjoying the new version. Keep up the great work!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Do you have a changelog for 1.8A?
Kaeoschassis

Post by Kaeoschassis »

The one on the first post is up to date.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Played until E3M2 and the merchant appeared twice. Seems that the chance to see him is really low.
Rozy

Post by Rozy »

I was trying to do a quick minimod of this and I ran into a very bizzare problem...

I attempted to port the heretic patch version of the undead knight into one of the random spawners, in this case the centaur spawner. And he seems to work fine... Besides the fact that they attack the other monsters on sight if they can't see me. What exactly might be causing this? Is there some kind of script in the heretic monsters I didn't know about?
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Finished Heretic with this new version (from E1M1 to E5M8 with the Cleric in priest mode) and my review is very positive, some of my points:

·The merchant should appear a bit more, I only saw him four times in my entire gameplay.
·The bless skill is very overpowered with the Cleric in all moment. The blue/purple potions have no sense when you can recover health instantly with this skill. It should consume MORE magick to balance it.
·Some enemies in Heretic like gargoyles or golems scale very bad with you. I know that they are 'low tier enemies', but they stop to be a challenge about ~level 15.

I took a photo of E5M8 after killing all Maulotaurs :D
Spoiler:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

The Cleric is my favorite class, the heal gives him a lot of endurance in the long run, and he has a pretty nice balance of melee and ranged attacks.
tyketto

Post by tyketto »

Exeor wrote: ·The bless skill is very overpowered with the Cleric in all moment. The blue/purple potions have no sense when you can recover health instantly with this skill. It should consume MORE magick to balance it.
I'd argue that the Bless skill is just one of the perks of being a Cleric. Unlike every other class, who generally have to rely on the blue and purple potions to stay alive, the Cleric has the perk of being able to quickly and easily heal himself without potions.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

tyketto wrote:
Exeor wrote: ·The bless skill is very overpowered with the Cleric in all moment. The blue/purple potions have no sense when you can recover health instantly with this skill. It should consume MORE magick to balance it.
I'd argue that the Bless skill is just one of the perks of being a Cleric. Unlike every other class, who generally have to rely on the blue and purple potions to stay alive, the Cleric has the perk of being able to quickly and easily heal himself without potions.
The thing is, magick regenerates, potions do not - you can effectively have full health walking into any encounter, if you have enough patience. If you save your potions for in-combat use and otherwise always use bless instead, you can become effectively impossible to kill.

I swear I had a complaint, but I forgot what it was while typing this post. It was something about hunter.

Still, though. Pretty solid mod overall.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

The Cleric is like a mix between the fighter and the mage, he is well balanced except for the bless ability in my opinion.
Does anyone know how to play Master of Chaos with this version of Wrath of Cronos? Im trying everything loading the correct order with the mods but I always get this error:

Execution could not continue.

253 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts

I load the heretic patch first followed by MoC patch and the rest of mods after but for some reason doesn't start... :cry:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Bless should be a powerful skill, but maybe it should scale a bit more slowly, like it doesn't really start becoming effective till you've put a decent amount of points in.

I also agree that the merchant could be a little more common. I encountered him once after getting about 10 levels into Doom 2.
tyketto

Post by tyketto »

Exeor wrote: Does anyone know how to play Master of Chaos with this version of Wrath of Cronos?
I think you want to load the MOC wad first, then all the Wrath of Cronos files/patches.

I use a Batch file to launch MOC with Wrath of Cronos - mine looks like this:

gzdoom -file moc11.wad wrathofcronosr1_8a2.pk3 wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch1_8a.pk3 wrathofcronosmocpatch3.pk3 -iwad heretic.wad
Hoodoo456

Post by Hoodoo456 »

This mod is great, I just finished a playthrough of Hexen as the Cleric with it. Are there any plans that you'd add a Doomguy class, though? I think it would be great fun to play Hexen or Heretic as him, since you can play Doom (at least the maps) with the Hexen classes.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”