Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 4

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 4

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Download Test 4 here

Many people requested me a version of Brutal Doom without any gameplay modifications at all. I created Brutal Doom Lite, but it still had the custom deaths that would make TCs unplayable, plus modified enemy AI.

Ketchup is a plain gore mod. Nothing in the gameplay is changed. Just gibs and more gibs for your satisfaction. All enemies can be gibed. Even your chainsaw and plasma rifle can sometimes gib enemies.

So... why is this called an Universal Gore Mod? Because this is not a gore mod for Doom, it's a gore mod for any game that can run on the zdoom-based engines. It's a ludicrous gibs mod for Doom, Freedoom, Heretic, HeXen, Strife, and anything else in a single half mb file.

For now, Doom, Freedoom, HeXen, Heretic, and Chex Quest can be played with it. Strife and Hacx support is planned, and maybe modified versions to work with wads such as kdizd, NeoDoom, Return of the Triad, and others.
You can play this with Samsara, just make sure to load Samsara first, and make Ketchup stuff get loaded after it. The only compatibility issue is that Chex Warrior will not able to teleport enemies, they will just die. But I think this is not an issue in a gore mod.
Spoiler: Pics
Spoiler: Credits

Test 4 changelog:
- Modified some decals.
- Blood no longer creates splashes or step sounds on wads that have this kind of stuff in TERRAIN lumps.
- Improved compatibility with Particle Fire Enhancer Mod
- [Doom] Increased gib health of Zombies and Imps from 9 to 11, and now they cant be gibed by pistols anymore.
- [Chex Quest] Added some junk pieces from Brutal Strife that are spawned when armoured enemies such as the Armored Bipedicus dies.

Other versions
These versions are made for specific mods. You don't need the original ketchup file to run these.
Ketchup Samsara Version (made by Blackfish) (made from Test 3)
Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 1

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Does it work with Chex Quest?
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Re: Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 1

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Does it work with Chex Quest?
Not yet :twisted:

For now you can load on Chex Quest, enemies will bleed, but will not have gory deaths.
Blox

Re: Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 2

Post by Blox »

how you doin', how you doin' Edit: asddfdsf i faggot something Oughta be fixed now.
I might have cut something important out, but I can't be sure.
It's smaller now though!
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

>download this
>play with Russian Overkill on Chillax mod
>yes

I've been thinking, would this work with the Insane Doom mod? Ya know, that monster replacer.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

does this work with Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch?
Nash

Post by Nash »

He's manually adding XDeath states to all of the vanilla actors so to support MM8DM, he has to add DECORATE for it.

Also, I'm curious; how is it that ZDoom isn't flooding the console with errors with all of the Heretic actors defined in there, despite the fact that I'm running this with Doom? Or is this something I missed in ZDoom's development...
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Nash wrote:Also, I'm curious; how is it that ZDoom isn't flooding the console with errors with all of the Heretic actors defined in there, despite the fact that I'm running this with Doom? Or is this something I missed in ZDoom's development...
All of the actors are defined in zdoom.pk3 and loaded regardless of IWAD... you can summon actors from other games, but the graphics will be missing.

When it comes to decorate I don't think zdoom makes any distinction between the IWADs at all.
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

It works in my Vanilla DeHackEd map. :D

Just a quick thing I noticed: infighting doesn't seem to produce any blood. Dunno if you already noticed this..

EDIT: Just to avoid confusion, I played my vanilla map with the mod in GZDoom. :P
Springy

Post by Springy »

Nice to see you've made this compatible with most Doom engine games (or plan too). I quite liked the lite version of Brutal Doom but this sounds better.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Works awesomely. I assume you're going to be having multi-colored blood for Cacos and Hell Nobles eventually?

Also, to the curious, you can easily have this support Samsara just by editing the inherited monsters to the samsara actors.

Code: Select all

ACTOR BrutalizedCacodemon: Cacodemon2 Replaces Cacodemon2
Take note that not all monsters have a 2 on the end and some are renamed.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Man, just when I was thinking about asking if we'd see a new Brutal Doom Lite version, too. Messed around with it a bit, i'll miss the headshots but I can deal with it. Splatter enemies a bit too much and the game seems to drop in frames a little though. Good point of this was Heretic, E5M8 - was dicking around with God Mode to see the effects of the mod. Killing all the Minotaurs near eachother absolutely cakes the area, but it was actually cutting my framerate down a little. As some of the gore began gradually fading, the framerate recovered as such though.
Spoiler:
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Re: Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 3

Test 3 is up. RikohZX, check the diet version. It will not cause framerate drops on your computer.
Dortold

Post by Dortold »

[EDIT: this is for version 2.] Tested in Freedom. Works like a charm. Actually a very enjoyable blood mod. A+
SyntherAugustus

Re: Ketchup Gore Mod - Test 3

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:You can play this with Samsara, just make sure to load Samsara first, and make Ketchup stuff get loaded after it. The only compatibility issue is that Chex Warrior will not able to teleport enemies, they will just die. But I think this is not an issue in a gore mod.
Changing the inheritance to Samsara Specific actors fixes the issue, which is because the samsara actors have their own properties (different deathstates per damagetypes [Dukegibs/taunt activation, Zorching] different projectiles being shot). I've modded Samsara quite a bit, so if you want help in a Samsara specific version I can help out with that.

Edit: Check your PMs.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”