Burl Tumd (Last updated 8/11/13)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mike12

Re: Burl Tumd: Contains absolutely no racial slurs or real g

Post by Mike12 »

Really, it's fine to make a mod because of another mod. The problem here is that the approach in which it's being advertised is rather unprofessional; besides, you want people to like your mod because of what it is; taking a stab another mod/author in the OP is asking for both drama and comparisons.

(And yes, I know that Sarge has done things wrong/unacceptable/unprofessional himself. Just keep in mind that two wrongs don't really make a right, either)
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Captain Ventris wrote:So weapons mods are pointless. Wonderful. I'm glad you're on a modding forum, then.
Not all of them, in fact I still have fun with some of them every once in a while. I stand by that statement on Burl Tumd, because the gameplay is not that challenging and only found it fun for a few minutes to check out all of the weapons that were there. The only likeable thing was the blood effect as I said in my previous post.

edit: I can agree with the statements from both Mike12 and Vict, because they both said everything that needs to be said about this mod.
Last edited by Doomguy 2000 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vict

Post by Vict »

wildweasel wrote:I really wonder why nobody complained when I jokingly titled ww-terror "Police Brutality."
Probably because it's over the top and very tongue in cheek, yet at the same time very well done and has a bunch of new assets that people haven't seen before. If it was a reference to something else then I didn't get it.
wildweasel wrote:[[edit] Also, anybody else remember the saga of Doom: Rampage Edition and the mod made in response, "A Better Wad I Pulled Out Of My Ass"? Wonder why it's okay for that one and not for this?
Yeah, that's because you actually made a better mod when compared to that crime against humanity.

I've tried to take this as is and ignore the drama when I first attempted to play it. You want my opinion on the mod, okay here we go:

It's very generic. I swear I've played this a hundred times before and it gets more difficult to stomach it every time. It plays like a standard weapon mod and while weapon mods aren't bad things I do prefer the ones that actually contain some unique ideas. So far... I haven't seen one yet.

It feels like one of those weapon mods that gets slapped together in a weekend and released "because I was bored.", now granted there are some good mods that have been released that way and there's nothing wrong with it.
Try to be original and wow people with your ideas or the different ways you execute it, or at least polish it to the point where people can look past the little nitpicks here and there.

I wanted to refrain posting something like this about the mod because it comes across as overly negative and there is very little I can offer in the ways of constructive criticism. Seriously, I'm absolutely stumped, I have no idea what would make this better.
Last edited by Vict on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:the gameplay is not that challenging and
I take it you played on medium or lower. Or you didn't play past Map01.
Nightfall

Post by Nightfall »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:Hopefully it's much better than this pointless mod.
You sure are one to talk.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Eric_ wrote:
Doomguy 2000 wrote:the gameplay is not that challenging and
I take it you played on medium or lower. Or you didn't play past Map01.
I played the game on hard like I always do. I played Map01, Map02, Map07, and a little bit of Map15 and still didn't find that challenging.
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

First update released. Zombiemen have been buffed, Shotgunners have had their attack changed to be less scummy with RNG, and they both use sounds that correspond to their weapons. Also, new SSG by Blox. Download from the same place you downloaded the first time.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Well, what to say, butthurt actually can spawn a wad.
And to be honest, I found it fun. I actually laughed when I saw the interpic.
Blox

Re: Burl Tumd: Updated! (2/9/12)

Post by Blox »

Good to know you liked the joke, I was worried about that. :P
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Vict wrote: Herp Derp omgwtff mens asses.... insert other inane bs here
Why clutter up the thread with this nonsense, noone cares.

Eric_, looks pretty sweet, will be reviewing once i have time to go through thoroughly. i like non-brutal doom mods on occasion, but BD will always have a special place in my heart. the most sinister part.

Edit: its ok. i really prefer brutal doom better though. keep polishing and stuff.
Last edited by Crudux Cruo on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vict

Post by Vict »

doomer1 wrote:
Vict wrote: Herp Derp omgwtff mens asses.... insert other inane bs here
Why clutter up the thread with this nonsense, noone cares.

Eric_, looks pretty sweet, will be reviewing once i have time to go through thoroughly. i like non-brutal doom mods on occasion, but BD will always have a special place in my heart. the most sinister part.
What's said as been said, we don't need to sling insults any further.
I'm interested in seeing where Eric takes this mod.
Blox

Re: Burl Tumd: Updated! (2/9/13)

Post by Blox »

I like how this thread has existed for six hours and has racked in 55 (technically 56 including this) replies already. :p

Also, I implemented altdeaths! (Which I had to salvage from a corrupted archive because ???? you SLADE3.)
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

I gotta say, I do dig the Duke Nukem 2 title screen spoof.
Blox

Post by Blox »

It did turn out pretty good, all while looking pretty low-quality and rather hilariously out of place.
Which to say is exactly the theme of this mod as it seems. (Pretty/Quite good, but pretty much uber-jokewad presentation.)
(I mean seriously, brutl dum is teh suck adn u am burl tumd with gnus an d u must kill DEMNS wth dem)
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Darsycho »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:here's also another Brutal Doom parody that Jack101 plans on doing in the near future.
Shhh, that was suppose to be a surprise! :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”