Burl Tumd (Last updated 8/11/13)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hfc2x

Re: Burl Tumd (Last updated 8/11/13)

Post by hfc2x »

Dude, PLEASE you must at least include one of these two suggestions:

-Make the weapons GIVE you ammo instead of using it. That means, the Pistol should give you 1 clip instead of using one per shot.
-Add some obnoxious message whenever a weapon fires, like "Player fired Shotgun". That would make the Chaingun and Plasma Gun FUCKING GOLDEN.
Spoiler:
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

[No]
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

That wasn't funny even before you typed it.

Sword feels real right now.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

I spent days trying to figure out what Blox meant about a Zanzan version of this, because I couldn't find anything in this project that made it compatible with Zanzan, until I realized he meant Zandronum.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Eric_ wrote:[No]
Boooo :(

I still think this is awesome, much bettar then Brutul Dewm!!111
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

QUARRYCRAFT. Yus you summed up what I think of people who actually use BuildCraft just for the god damn Quarry, go mine it yourself you lazy bum or use uu matter
I will have to give this a try!
Blox

Post by Blox »

Minor update to the Zandrobum version; Berserk packs now speed up the (super)/shotgun/rocketlauncher/plasmarifle/bfg while providing a 0.75x multiplier to damage taken.

And yes, that stacks to 0.5625x with the sword, which is why I didn't make it do anything to it. (I mean seriously, you already have almost half damage! Go wreck their shit already.)

Oh, and fatsoes (mancubus-es for those that don't know) fire at a irregular pace now. Quite fun with sv_fastmonsters 1
(have fun everything else though)
User160971235

Post by User160971235 »

+Good weapon redesigns that fit different situations, as well as sensible keybind organization (though it takes a little bit of getting used to)
+Neato blood aesthetics
+Cacodemons pop like balloons lol
+Not just some chintzy mod that you play a map or two of and go "whatever", it is actually really fun
+Silencer for pistol isn't extremely useful, but when it is useful, it's benefits and obvious and not over-exploitable
+Friendly to users who don't use freelook
+Fun alt-fires
+Awesome titlepic

-Shotgunners do a little too much damage (try playing E3M9 of Doom or MAP09 of Doom II)
-Demons have range that lets them bite through some windows (intentional?)
-Also, demons feel a little too lethal with their combination of high speed and damage output (I know that it's the intention of the mod, but even one or two demons can, in some cases, ruin large sums of your armor and health in a split second) perhaps they could use a little more delay before their bite registers or a slight damage decrease
-Shotgun seems to outclass the SSG in nearly every way (speed, range, damage per second)

It's a really good weapon mod. Makes lots of the enemies a lot scarier and forces you to pay attention to even the smallest aspects of combat. Love it, even though I'm pretty bad at it :P
Blox

Post by Blox »

Good to know that you like it!
Dreadflame wrote:-Shotgunners do a little too much damage (try playing E3M9 of Doom or MAP09 of Doom II)
They're very punishing, yeah. But it doesn't seem too gruesomely overpowered.
(Worth noting that the cyberdemon actually was too overpowered, which is somewhat fixed in the Zandronum version I manage somewhat.)
Dreadflame wrote:-Demons have range that lets them bite through some windows (intentional?)
It's intentional to make them actually do things beyond a range of "exactly up in your face", and this is an unfortunate consequence of that.
Dreadflame wrote:-Also, demons feel a little too lethal with their combination of high speed and damage output (I know that it's the intention of the mod, but even one or two demons can, in some cases, ruin large sums of your armor and health in a split second) perhaps they could use a little more delay before their bite registers or a slight damage decrease
They were rather absurdly overpowered in the very first version, but nowadays they're rather fine being lethal - but usually still manageable if you don't let them swarm you.

Dreadflame wrote:-Shotgun seems to outclass the SSG in nearly every way (speed, range, damage per second)
Funnily enough, the SSG actually has a better DPS than the shotgun (200 damage every 54 tics vs. 100 damage every 40 tics), and twice the melee damage. (Shotguns have extra melee-range pellets.)
The shotgun is a much better general-use weapon though, because it's pretty accurate and thus useful for taking out those pesky hitscanners from a distance as soon as you spot them.
User160971235

Post by User160971235 »

Blox wrote:Funnily enough, the SSG actually has a better DPS than the shotgun (200 damage every 54 tics vs. 100 damage every 40 tics), and twice the melee damage. (Shotguns have extra melee-range pellets.)
Interesting, I guess that's why I made that conclusion; most of my SSG shots weren't making use of the melee-range pellets.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”