OSJC's 'OLDSKOOL' zdoom mod - mon 20th march 2017

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: OSJC's generic Zdoom V2.0 mod! (mon 26th Aug 2013)

Post by Valherran »

I tried this out today, it wasn't half bad, some things I would like to address:

1. No Reload function: I know you want to keep this removed, but for some of us it is ANNOYING not being able to reload your guns. I would rather clip functions be removed than not having a reload function, but I would much prefer a reload function. Not having this gets you killed in a lot of maps, I would at least recommend a mutator.

2. Faster Weapon Switch: It is needed, bad. Got too many weapons for that current switch speed.

3. Knife to replace Fists Permanently: There is no reason what so ever to use fists when Knife is superior, so why should it take up a sub weapon slot?

4. Grenade too weak: As it says, only does the amount of a rocket, kind of useless. Also could use a separate quick function like the kick.

5. Kick needs a buff: It is really too weak to even bother using. Brutal Doom had it perfect (minus the berserk damage) Maybe it could be similar?

6. Nuke: This thing was... definitely a nuke, but the explosion was misleading to the actual radius. What it needs is a calculated safe distance by percentage meter that is always visible by the aimer. This will help players not kill themselves so easily firing this from a rough estimated 100 ft away and expecting a not so large blast zone.

Other than that the MOD isn't half bad, just needs tweaking and improving on the gun animations.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

although I appreciate the time you've taken to 'evaluate' the points you have mentioned will not be changed in the next version.

for example. the nuke is kinda a joke weapon and is intended to be like (and ridiculously dangerous to use as) killerquakepack's nuke.
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

@osjclatchford
I made some changes to osjc_firearms18.pk3 so the ejecting casings are visible for the player. If you want it, please PM me and i send it to you and you can do whatever you want with it.
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

I want to download it but 4shared doesn't let me ;( is it possible to upload it to mediafire?
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

I was wondering how does the flashlight work? I doesn't seem t do anything, same is for flares. This is a great mod btw :)
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

tuintje wrote:I was wondering how does the flashlight work? I doesn't seem t do anything, same is for flares. This is a great mod btw :)
Software = No lights
Need to be on opengl to work.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

flashlight increases the light in the room, not by a huge amount but quite a bit. you can see the difference when the flashlight/pistol reloads, or when swinging the centred flashlight. as for the flares, they are designed purely as markers for maze-like maps. kind of pointless frippery I know but I wanted them in so here they are. also worth pointing out that ALL of this is in the readme... :roll:

as for opengl: do you mean gzdoom? as I've not designed this mod with this engine in mind.
how does it fare up in gzdoom then?
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

osjclatchford wrote:as for opengl: do you mean gzdoom? as I've not designed this mod with this engine in mind.
how does it fare up in gzdoom then?
hehehe, I think I made a mistake. I do not use opengl but flashlights and flares, usually have a function more in opengl. I thought the tuintje had a problem with it. :lol:
Morter

Post by Morter »

Is there a way to download from 4shared without signing up for it?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

No, that's why it sucks.
Use Dropbox instead.
Morter

Post by Morter »

If there is a dropbox mirror I'll be happy to use it :)
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Morter wrote:If there is a dropbox mirror I'll be happy to use it :)
didnt you see my link just a couple of posts above?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

My comment was directed to Latchford, my bad.
The second part, that is
osjclatchford

Re: OSJC's generic Zdoom V2.2 mod! (sat 22nd feb 2014)

Post by osjclatchford »

final version out now. see first link on page 1. bye!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”