OSJC's 'OLDSKOOL' zdoom mod - mon 20th march 2017

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Freaklore1

Re: OSJC's generic Zdoom V2.4 mod! (sun 14th sep 2014)

Post by Freaklore1 »

I gotta say i love the flashlight+pistol combination,i dont remember seeing any peoples do this,the light seem a bit low tough,you should increase it a bit or maybe even try making it look like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkRq9qKiEI

I know very fews mod that tried to emulate a flashlight like that but they are difficult to find or arent downloadable.

I know that 6-axis weapons mod as a flashlight that is similar like that but it need to be refiled with batteries and some map mods with dark environment doesnt have any batteries,so its not a good alternative.
-Ghost-

Re: Re: OSJC's generic Zdoom V2.4 mod! (sun 14th sep 2014)

Post by -Ghost- »

There's one you can get with Dark Doom/Stealthy Doom that works okay, though it's just a basic flashlight toggle, no buttons or sprite or anything.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

thanks but these flashlight mods you're throwing at me are for gzdoom and/or engines other than zdoom only. In fact I've had this all before about the flashlight in this thread:http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 30#p712788 as I said before;

"the flashlight increases the light in the room, not by a huge amount but quite a bit. you can see the difference when the flashlight/pistol reloads, or when swinging the centred flashlight. this mod is designed for ZDOOM not GZDOOM."

thats why I have software brightmaps on items and objects. in fact I wouldn't be surprised if some of the features of the mod looked a little off/bad in gzdoom. I don't use it. I like it oldskool. and before anyone asks I will not be intending to support GZdoom in the future...
seedzhao

Post by seedzhao »

oldschool! that´s the word!
many mods fail because they try to transform doom in a nextgen game!
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

thanks seedzhao, nice that some if only a few people get this!

here's another update https://www.mediafire.com/?tlttn2o4az934da (see page 1 too) the nailguns are gone (unless you summon them of course.) there are no weaponslots for them now and were leftovers from something else I was working on anyway; http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 38#p776148 :wink:

anyway this new version has a different secret weapon on slot 8 (at present you'll have to cheat summon or build one in for now to use it. not sure its really finished yet anyway...) I don't want the surprise spoiled so please spoiler any replies with disclosure in it please...
Stormblade

Post by Stormblade »

Hmm! :D Wait one question though, before I download. Is the Chainsaw left the same?! :3 Anyway, I'm going to download this now! :D

In the words of the Doom marine from the Doom comic....

Let's rip and tear everyone! :D

Execution could not continue.

1 error while parsing DECORATE scripts....

:(

how do I get it to run properly? :P
seedzhao

Post by seedzhao »

awesomeness!!

i love this mod, man!
the updates are very welcome!

thank you.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Installation instructions on front page and in the readme and the mod itself. Please follow them and use zdoom v2.7.1 or newer... new update soon. Made some serious work on the secret weapon. May not be secret much longer...
Stormblade

Post by Stormblade »

???? What's secret weapon?

OK, I will do something simple.

idkfa

:3
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

If I said what it was it would not be secret. Please do not spoil it for all...
Stormblade

Post by Stormblade »

I'm not. Don't worry, I keep my lips sealed! Heck I DON'T even know what it is. :P
osjclatchford

Re: OSJC's generic Zdoom V2.4d mod! (mon 22nd sep 2014)

Post by osjclatchford »

never mind the secrets out! LOL got it working fully and now its up for grabs see page one for update or get it here https://www.mediafire.com/?90crr28ebfssl6d

features some better rotations for the wolf3d-ss in monstas8.zip (thanks captainJ)
now includes fully working devastator: see spoiler for readme-entry
Spoiler:
this weapon features a seeker-missile effect with a custom crosshair to lock on. (code and crosshair shamelessly nicked from eriances eriguns.wad) in order to make use of the devastator target-lock you will need to set your default crosshair to crosshair2 and set forcecrosshair to 0
when the crosshair says lock - the missiles will be fired direct to the target and (although not that obvious on slow targets) will track them down akin to the revenant fireballs... this is best viewed in deathmatch as the speed of the enemy player allows you to see the missile track them down :twisted:
without the lock the weapon fires missiles out in a wall of ordinance that pretty much destroys everything in sight! bit expensive rocket-ammo-wise but beggers cant be choosers eh?
another feature of this weapon is an experimental version of something I've been working on. non hud muzzleflashes.
essentially the muzzleflashes are non-interacting projectiles of small explosions summonned from the barrels when fired. looks a little buggy when running sideways or backwards and seems completely hidden when running forward but its a fun feature and I wanted to leave it in...
Stormblade

Re: Re: OSJC's generic Zdoom V2.4d mod! (mon 22nd sep 2014)

Post by Stormblade »

The Devastator is the secret weapon? ....I thought it would be STG44 or MP40 or Luger P08 or something for the Wolfenstein Levels... Or maybe a Plasma Nuke.... IDK, hell maybe even a quad shotgun. Or dual-wield chainsaw in right hand and super shotgun in left hand.
Cacobus

Post by Cacobus »

This a very cool mod,and your right it does have a nice old school feel to it,but any chance you could please make the corpses,and body parts have some random hidden items such as nandes, bullets,health,ect,ect?but you would have to destroy the corpses first in order to obtain them,just a thought.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Stormblade wrote:The Devastator is the secret weapon? ....I thought it would be STG44 or MP40 or Luger P08 or something for the Wolfenstein Levels... Or maybe a Plasma Nuke.... IDK, hell maybe even a quad shotgun. Or dual-wield chainsaw in right hand and super shotgun in left hand.
it was secret as you had to cheat to get it originally but now its on the missilelauncher randomiser so no longer secret. Oh and no mp40 or stg44 (no point to add either of those as the lmg and sigcow have those types more than covered. mp40 would just be yet another lmg clone and not server any real purpose other than frippery)and I see no reason for all those other aformentioned weapons you speak of and will NOT be adding them...
Cacobus wrote:This a very cool mod,and your right it does have a nice old school feel to it,but any chance you could please make the corpses,and body parts have some random hidden items such as nandes, bullets,health,ect,ect?but you would have to destroy the corpses first in order to obtain them,just a thought.
this is a fun idea... not sure I will do it to be honest but good idea none the less...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”