[ZDCMP2] RC1 released (yay, it's not mordeth'd)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: [ZDCMP2] RC1 released (yay, it's not mordeth'd)

Post by Gez »

This is not the GZDCMP and this is not the ZandroCMP. ZDoom is the intended target platform. If it works fine in GZDoom or Zandronum, great! If it doesn't, too bad.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

just about everyone knows that zandronum will never catch up its community run not staff run like skulltag was whenever they decide to try and work on it they have no idea what to impliment...
Gez

Post by Gez »

If the Zandronum community doesn't want to catch up, then let them not catch up. We won't hang back waiting for them.

You can still play the ZDCMP1 with Zand, that's all that they get.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

There have been, what?, 4 years worth of changes to ZDoom that haven't made it to Skulltag/Zandronum. Many of those features are significant and commonly used in ZDoom/GZDoom mods. It's unrealistic to expect present day mods (particularly big ones) to run in the current Zandronum. Making mods compatible would mean missing out a lot of important features and circumventing bugs. It would be very easy to miss something too if you were converting a new mod to work with Zandronum.
Gez

Post by Gez »

http://zandronum.com/forum/announcements.php?aid=10
Will this port be kept up to date with ZDoom's updates as opposed to being like 1000 revisions or so that Skulltag generally was behind?
As soon as 1.0 receives a stabilized release, that is the plan.
The "1000 or so" should be read as "2500 or so" now, by the way.

I'm not sure what they mean by "stabilized release", whether it is the official 1.0 that has been available for several months already, or if they're talking about a 1.1 or something.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Enjay wrote:The polyobjects don't have a top at all. :shock:
This is actually how it is supposed to look like...
Gez wrote:This is not the GZDCMP and this is not the ZandroCMP. ZDoom is the intended target platform. If it works fine in GZDoom or Zandronum, great! If it doesn't, too bad.
Exactly that! GZDoom/Zandronum need to catch up with ZDoom if you want to play it with these sourceports (which will most likely happen)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Tormentor667 wrote:This is actually how it is supposed to look like...
Heh, yes, that's been clarified now. It was the old/official GZDoom that was showing the tops for some reason.
Tormentor667 wrote:Exactly that! GZDoom/Zandronum need to catch up with ZDoom if you want to play it with these sourceports (which will most likely happen)
To be fair, the SVN version of GZDoom is only one (I think) minor revision behind ZDoom (though both GZDoom and ZDoom's current SVN revisions show the bug that cripples the final boss fight). Graf has wanted to get a 1.7.1 version of GZDoom released over the last couple of weekends but some bugs have got in the way of that. Indeed, because of GZDoom having reasonably frequent official versions versus ZDoom's less frequent official releases, GZDoom is sometimes ahead of ZDoom "official feature"-wise. ;)

One thing I forgot to mention about the mod - I'm not a huge fan of boss fights in general and I tend to prefer "boss events" where there is something difficult to do (perhaps being hampered by lots of smaller enemies while trying to achieve the task) rather than just blasting away at a mega-hit-pointed big bad...
Spoiler:
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

I hope I'm not being a complete mong or failing at life or whatever, but my key bindings for log and objectives refuse to work. Going to the console and using the showpop command with the correct parameters doesn't work either.

ZDoom 2.6.1 and GZDoom 1.7.0 both do the same thing.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Gez wrote:I'm not sure what they mean by "stabilized release", whether it is the official 1.0 that has been available for several months already, or if they're talking about a 1.1 or something.
Torr Samaho wrote:Updating our ZDoom base is one of the first things I plan to to after we finalized 1.0.
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 16#pid5916

But that was quite a while ago too. Either way, it seems it is for the next version they plan to catch up.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

GooberMan wrote:my key bindings for log and objectives refuse to work. Going to the console and using the showpop command with the correct parameters doesn't work either.
Are you using the Alt-HUD? If so, the logs and objectives don't work with that.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Enjay wrote:Are you using the Alt-HUD? If so, the logs and objectives don't work with that.
That's a little odd? thats why it didn't work for me. Is this an engine bug? Should be some more indication that you're not supposed to use the alt-hud.
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

Gagh. That would be it. It doesn't even work on fullscreen (ie hit plus all the way) either.

Well that's annoying. But probably out of the team's hands I assume?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

GooberMan wrote:But probably out of the team's hands I assume?
I think so. I assume that the logs (etc) are defined in SBARINFO and, when using the alt-HUD, SBARINFO isn't used.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

ummmm......This mod is great and all but can you maybe (not that i don't like the mod but its just a suggestion) you can.............. Just if you can I don't mean to offend any one here I mean i like this mod but......is it alright if you make the original doom weapons smooth?
Last edited by insightguy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

arent spoiler pyramids kinda the same a quote pyramids and arent those generally not allowed... just wondering

Return to “Levels”