[ZDCMP2] RC1 released (yay, it's not mordeth'd)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Blue Shadow

Re: [ZDCMP2] RC1 released (yay, it's not mordeth'd)

Post by Blue Shadow »

Few things to report:
Spoiler: It may contain spoilers
I didn't go far into the level, since my poor old computer decided to restart by itself on two different occasions when playing! So, that's all I have to report for now.
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

Speaking of subtle changes,
Spoiler:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks for all the suggestions, I moved them to the bugtracker over at the Realm667 so we don't miss anything.
Sgt Dopey
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sgt Dopey »

Its possible to rocket jump over the walls of the fort surrounding the dig site
Gez

Post by Gez »

Yep. It's known and deliberately kept. If you want to use speedrunning tricks to skip a fight, there's nothing wrong with that.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Yep, I even found a way to get over the fort walls by jumping on top of a crate - might have been changed since then, I haven't checked. :wink:
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

Tormentor667 wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions, I moved them to the bugtracker over at the Realm667 so we don't miss anything.
How about those "underwater pinball-like grenades" I mentioned earlier? Is that even fixable?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Caleb13 wrote:How about those "underwater pinball-like grenades" I mentioned earlier? Is that even fixable?
BounceCount value
Defines the amount of bounces this actor can do before it explodes. This only has an effect if BounceType is not "None". The default is infinite but for example Strife's incendiary and explosive grenades only bounce twice before exploding.
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

Actually, the bouncing is only a side effect. When you throw a grenade underwater in ZDCMP2 , it flies quite fast and in almost straight lines. To behave more realistically, it needs something to simulate higher viscosity of water.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Caleb13 wrote:When you throw a grenade underwater in ZDCMP2 , it flies quite fast and in almost straight lines
Welcome to bouncing projectiles in deep water physics. That happens with just about all of them.
lzvk25

Post by lzvk25 »

Just my 2 Cents and it is only a suggestion so don't start like I am committing sacrilege :

Even although the Nashgore Mod addition is wonderful, it can cause some lag, and one thing that I noticed over the years is that the blood and guts do not need to stay for too long, one or two seconds and that's it once you have seen the guts, you have seen them all. And after you have killed several hundreds of monsters, well you already have a lot of "actor"'s guts all around which the computer has to take care of.

So, why not get rid of them as soon as they cease their purpose ? Remember, those decorations also consume PC resources, so is in our best interest to get rid of them ASAP.

So, here I am attaching an alternative for the decorate mod "blood.txt", I am just decreasing the time that the blood stays around and, as for the guts, they disappear a lot faster.
Attachments
new_blood.rar
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
lzvk25

Post by lzvk25 »

Another thing, the yelow keycard, I guess it is obtained during the "simulation" after you have killed all the monsters, however, after I killed all of them, the central pillar started to spit some thingies that I couldn't distinguish and they disappeared very quickly. And that was it, no key card.

I took a look at your code and in your acs code for map zdcmp2, script 6, wouldn't just be easier to put a :
GiveInventory ( "YellowCard", 1);
After you have defeated the monsters ? or even better, right before where the line : simDone = true;
That way, the player will get for sure the yellow card, otherwise, I didn't see how.
:?

I am assuming that script 75 is the script that does the teleporting outside the simulation and the successful exit depends if the player has the yellow card, so obviously, the player MUST get the card at the end of script 6.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

lzvk25 wrote:Another thing, the yelow keycard, I guess it is obtained during the "simulation" after you have killed all the monsters, however, after I killed all of them, the central pillar started to spit some thingies that I couldn't distinguish and they disappeared very quickly. And that was it, no key card.
That's odd. When I played it, the thingies that the pillar spat out were yellow keycards. There were loads of them and I went around collecting all of them just in case there was a reward for doing so. :lol:
Gez

Post by Gez »

lzvk25 wrote:Another thing, the yelow keycard, I guess it is obtained during the "simulation" after you have killed all the monsters, however, after I killed all of them, the central pillar started to spit some thingies that I couldn't distinguish and they disappeared very quickly. And that was it, no key card.
This has never happened to anybody else, so I can only presume you had a mod conflict. What do you autoload?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

lzvk25 wrote:I took a look at your code and in your acs code for map zdcmp2, script 6, wouldn't just be easier to put a :
GiveInventory ( "YellowCard", 1);
Maybe, but it wouldn't be as awesome. :wink:

Return to “Levels”