Doom: The Golden Souls ["Even More Definitive Edition" OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Beed28

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Full Version Released!]

Post by Beed28 »

MJ79 wrote:What's the exact song name that plays during the 'Dark Side of the Moon' level? It's pretty upbeat and catchy.
I'm pretty sure it was a remix of the Moon theme from the NES DuckTales game, but I haven't played this for a while now, so apologies if I remembered wrong.
Jeimuzu73

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Full Version Released!]

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Thanks, first thought it was a Super Mario Galaxy song or something. Dang, the original Moon theme's even more upbeat than this one.
Batandy

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls [Definitive Edition Released!]

Post by Batandy »

*Explosion sound, Revenants Dancing*

Golden Souls Full 1.2 "Definitive Edition"

-Optimized PK3
-Better aircontrol
-Plants have less health
-Weapons switch faster
-Unique Red Coin sound
-Fixed Icon of Sin bugs
-Fixed being able to detonate space mines with the Cannon

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/osfqb ... ll_1.2.pk3
Average

Post by Average »

Too fecking cool! Downloading now for some Friday night beers and Golden Souls. :)
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Code: Select all

clearplayerclasses
addplayerclass GSPlayer
:cry:

Also, close to 2MB could be saved by using the spc files of the giant Cacodemon's music instead of ogg files.
And why is there an ACS library changing the AirControl in addition to the MAPINFO property?

Also noticed the guns all still have NOAUTOAIM on them...
Last edited by Ed the Bat on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Ed the Bat wrote:

clearplayerclasses
addplayerclass GSPlayer
:cry:

Also, close to 2MB could be saved by using the spc files of the giant Cacodemon's music instead of ogg files.
And why is there an ACS library changing the AirControl in addition to the MAPINFO property?
Since the pk3 was ported with a scripted bat, i may have forgotten something since i was busy working on GS2, but it works fine, and that's what matters.
Anyway if there are other bugs related to the pk3 i'll release a new version as soon as possible
Gez

Post by Gez »

The promise of fireplants being less annoying to kill made me try it again. There's still some problems.

During loading, the console logged these warnings:
Error in translation 'Red':
Script error, "Translation" line 1:
Expected integer constant but got identifier 'Red' instead.

Looks like it's from MiniGargoyleFlameFar?

Missing a space in "Picked up a big coin,nice job!"

There are three flying pickup coins in an unreachable part (above the big 3D bridge) of the "Crayon Creek" throwback part of the final boss map. Also found some ammo out there, but it's less important than items.

In the "happy gardens" throwback part of that same map, there's an annoying invisible guy who's stuck in a tree. Since we can't seem him and he can't attack, he's pretty easy to not notice. All he does is go "hahaha" when you're around.
Spoiler:
The rainbow citadel map seems broken? After climbing the tower, there's a rainbow field that propels me forward in a window. I guess it's supposed to throw me into the big floating star, which would then boost me into the next, and so on, but it falls short, and so does my player pawn. Splat! If I use the turbo cheat I can go fast enough to reach the first floating star, but then nothing happens.

In the Space Ghost House there's a cacolich in the cemetery that's dormant and never activated by any event.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Gez wrote:The promise of fireplants being less annoying to kill made me try it again. There's still some problems.

During loading, the console logged these warnings:
Error in translation 'Red':
Script error, "Translation" line 1:
Expected integer constant but got identifier 'Red' instead.

Looks like it's from MiniGargoyleFlameFar?

Missing a space in "Picked up a big coin,nice job!"

There are three flying pickup coins in an unreachable part (above the big 3D bridge) of the "Crayon Creek" throwback part of the final boss map. Also found some ammo out there, but it's less important than items.

In the "happy gardens" throwback part of that same map, there's an annoying invisible guy who's stuck in a tree. Since we can't seem him and he can't attack, he's pretty easy to not notice. All he does is go "hahaha" when you're around.
Spoiler:
The rainbow citadel map seems broken? After climbing the tower, there's a rainbow field that propels me forward in a window. I guess it's supposed to throw me into the big floating star, which would then boost me into the next, and so on, but it falls short, and so does my player pawn. Splat! If I use the turbo cheat I can go fast enough to reach the first floating star, but then nothing happens.

In the Space Ghost House there's a cacolich in the cemetery that's dormant and never activated by any event.
Aight, thank you, i was quite busy with my final exams so progress has been slow for both GS1 and GS2, but finally, i've fixed every issue, and also added coin drops to some enemies that didn't drop coins

Golden Souls 1.3 is out
Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/unbpb ... ll_1.3.pk3

-Fixed gamebreaking bug on Map19
-All the enemies drop coins on death
- Fixed some bad actor placements on Map15
-Fixed Translation errors
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Tapwave »

The hud is displaced and nothing seems to fix this. I changed res, screenblocks, hud scaling, still displaced.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Tapwave wrote:The hud is displaced and nothing seems to fix this. I changed res, screenblocks, hud scaling, still displaced.
That's really weird, it never happened before, could you give me your hud settings?
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

I've just reset my INI and it works now, so no idea of what was causing issues.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Tapwave wrote:I've just reset my INI and it works now, so no idea of what was causing issues.
I'm going to take a guess and say it was something you were autoloading, given that the numbers on the HUD aren't even the "right" ones.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Project Dark Fox wrote:
Tapwave wrote:I've just reset my INI and it works now, so no idea of what was causing issues.
I'm going to take a guess and say it was something you were autoloading, given that the numbers on the HUD aren't even the "right" ones.
That's entirely possible, though the things I autoload are the footstep ACS mod, and HQ sounds.
Guess I should check better, then.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

And one again, clearplayerclass and weapon.noautoaim still have not been cleared out.
I've taken it upon myself.
mghavelock

Post by mghavelock »

I've been lurking on these boards for about 3 or 4 years now, finally needed to register in order to ask one simple question. WHERE ON EARTH IS THE LAST RED COIN IN LUCY IN THE SKY WITH COINS?!?!?

Thank you

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”