Back to Saturn X E1: Get Out Of My Stations

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X E1: Get Out Of My Stations

Post by esselfortium »

In celebration of Doom's birthday, we've prepared a little episode called "Get Out Of My Stations". It's a partial conversion that runs in Doom2.exe or any compatible port. It features 20 21 22 maps in addition to a recurring hub, and a ton of new textures and music.

This is a beta release, so despite the extensive testing and revision that's been done throughout development, you might run into some bugs. Hopefully not, but if you do, please let us know so we can fix them for the next version :)

ZDoom users, be sure to grab a recent SVN build to avoid rendering glitches. Back to Saturn X E1 requires r3935 or later to run as intended.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Downloab
Last edited by esselfortium on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Doomguy 2000

Re: Back to Saturn X Episode I released!

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

I already downloaded this and will be checking it out tomorrow. I especially like the awesome status bar that I've seen.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

today is a good day to be alive! :D
will be checking it out when i get home.
Cage

Post by Cage »

Looks like christmas came early! :D

Playing as soon as I can.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Beautiful.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

"DOWNLOAB"
Nightfall

Post by Nightfall »

Stop making me wish I had something to release. First Winter's Fury, now this! :(
Blox

Post by Blox »

Whoah, Zandronum crashes on Map10. Ouch?
Edit: Map15 too.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Given r3935 of ZDoom is required, I'm pretty sure Zandronum is out of the question.
Blox

Post by Blox »

It's required to avoid rendering glitches, I doubt r3935 is required to even play it. Because otherwise this is a huge lie:
It's a partial conversion that runs in Doom2.exe or any compatible port.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Well, whatever the problem is, it's with either with your machine or Zandronum. I've just played through MAP10 on Chocolate Doom and Zandronum 1.0 from a pistol start and encountered go glitches or crashes.
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Wait a minute... Wasn't this supposed to be labeled as "vaporware project" or "eternity project?" :P

Looks awesome, plays nicely, and only played few maps. I think I'm gonna like this.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Corsair: That is a separate project: http://www.vapor.spork-chan.net/?page_id=11

Played the first 5 maps, Enjoying this so far :D
25 maps, that is a long first episode...
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Welp, looks like an early Christmas this year. Downloading now...
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Cool new graphics, but to be honest, most of the maps just play and look all the same, can't really tell one room from the next. And despite the fancy new textures, the fact each map uses the exact same theme certainly doesn't help in the variety field (it's why I prefer each map to be set in a completely different theme, might not be coherent but it would at least be varied), and there's a lot of backtracking and "where do I go now" moments, which is at its absolute worst when navigating through same-y techbase corridors. Most of the fights I found also to be rather uninteresting, with the possible exception of a few outdoor fights (most notably in map05), and I liked the use of crushers in map03, as well as Metal Mothers (but it's imho ruined by the fact the spider masterminds just kill themselves). Overall this seems to be influenced mostly by SID and Lunatic (if I understand correctly the latter's author was actually involved in a few maps), but unlike Lunatic there isn't a big emphasis on large outdoor areas with interesting, dynamic fights (and no new enemies). And well, Lunatic had what, 5 maps? I could've liked a few more, but a megawad full of all maps looking like that would have killed me. As for the music, I thought most of the tunes were decent but I couldn't really find most of them to be particularly catchy, although 05's theme in particular was nice. I played this in multiplayer coop with 3 people to up to map13. Nice try and I appreciate the effort, but I'll just be looking forward for the release of the texture pack I guess.
Last edited by Dynamo on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Levels”