Doom Expanded [VERSION 2.0: COMING SOON]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doom Expanded Final [RELEASE]

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

terranova wrote:
BlueFireZ88 wrote: New ACS coding has been added
Does it uses named scripts? That should clear up basically any problem with 'em.

Code: Select all

#library "dexlib.acs"
#include "zcommon.acs"

Script "DEx - Check compat" (void)
{
  If(GetCVar("compat_notossdrops")) SetResultValue(TRUE);
  Else SetResultValue(FALSE);
}
Hope this answers your question.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Released a new standalone Extra on the first post.

It's a combination of the Plutonia Brightmaps and warped falls into a single wad. This can be used to replace the originally seperate wads. It's optional and it's up to you if you want to use it for that purpose or not.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

A fixed version for the TNT Brightmaps can be downloaded on the first post under the Extras section. All new downloads of the complete Expanded zip (Expanded+CS.zip) has been updated with the Plutonia BM/Fall addon and the TNT BM fix.

The current Expanded+CS.zip on the first post is the most up to date collection of ALL Expanded content to date. As I've been doing, for those who have downloaded Expanded already, I'll try and released updated content separately if I can. Otherwise, it'll be under the main download as stated.\

I'm only stating this to clarify how I'm going about updating Expanded so there's no confusion on releases. And I know updates since it's release have been very frequent, and I can understand that it can get annoying to have to download the same thing more than once or twice. I'm trying to not make this an inconvenience to those who want to enjoy or even try Expanded. If this has been bothersome to you in any way, then I'm sorry, I'm just trying to keep my mod and it's additional content as fixed and up to date as possible in a timely manner.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

It's certainly been awhile since I posted anything on my mod, Expanded, but now there's a new patch available.

The 1.4 Patch fixes a problem and adds a new feature (for Normal and Classic Sound Expanded):
-Single sprites have been fixed for palette issues (noticed this while trying Expanded out with the mod, Back to Saturn X).
-Added a humming sound to lamps and light columns.

Its not much, but it pretty much caps off the problems with the mod. Besides these, there really isn't any other problems I can see. If there are still some problems, please let me know.

The 1.4 patch is on the first post separately, but new full downloads of Expanded (and all addons) have been updated with the patch too.

Enjoy!
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Another update for Expanded (which can be accessed through the full download on the first post).

New things for Expanded 1.5 are as follows:
-Fixed the brightmaps addon for TNT (not BM_TNT_F.pk3) which had an error with one of the brightmaps.
-Enemies now drop the correct amount of ammo when killed (Zombieman drops 5 bullets instead of 10, Shotgun Guy drops 4 instead of 8, and Commando drops 10 instead of 20).
-New vanilla style help screen (based off the old Expanded titlepic replacement) is now accessible via F1 or from the main menu in ALL Doom games ("Read This!").
-Fixed a missing fist attack sound in the Classic Sound version.

Enjoy!
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Expanded's 1.6 version is now available on the first post.

Updates:
-Original Super Shotgun reimplemented and Expanded version is now and addon (see Extras.txt)
-New text for normal HUD and new small text.
-Several sound tweaks
-Soulsphere original sound restored, Megasphere has Doom 3 sound.
-Secret sound is simplified.
-New sound for bullet pickups.
-New sounds for gibs (in extention to blood sounds).
-New humming sounds for lamps.

IMPORTANT!!!

I have an announcement regarding Expanded. 1.6 will be the absolute final release of the mod, as to date there are no more issues to really address. I've been working on this for nearly two years now, and I'm grateful for the people who helped out along the way. Thanks for playing Expanded, I hope it can inspire newer Doom players to explore their own talents as mod makers.
Dead Warlord

Post by Dead Warlord »

Sorry to bump a old topic, specially since its my first post on the ZDOOM (doesnt leave all that great an impression I spose), but I encountered an issue with DOOM Expanded Lite while playing it in 2002 A DOOM Odyssey where the torches on top of some blocks sank into them instead. I removed DELite.pk3 and it worked fine, so Im not exactly sure what in DOOM Expanded Lite is causing the problem. Honestly, its not to big of a deal, just wanted to bring it to attention and see if there's some fix.

Once again though, sorry for the bump guys, I realize its looked down upon but I hope you wont hold it to much against me. Also, just wanted to add how awesome I think the add-on is, its exactly the kind of graphical update compilation that I wanted for ages for DOOM and has probably made DOOM more fun to me then it has been in ages.

Edit: Actually, there's more problems that seems to have cropped up on the same map. As I was playing a bit further, for some reason I cant go through a narrow tunnel that you normally can go through without the .pk3 loaded. Not sure what to make of this, maybe this mod just doesn't like DOOM Expanded Lite?
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20130609_055754.png
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

It's ok to bump the thread, you have an issue with the mod, it's only fair that I try to address it.

First off, what level is that in 2002? I'd like to be able to have some point of reference to investigate your problem.

Second, are you sure your not running anything other than 2002 and Expanded Lite? The picture indicates black gloves, which is not a feature in either 2002 or Lite. You might be running something else which could be affecting the game.

You can mix and match game mods for Doom, but usually the effects of that could affect the game in negative ways. Fortunately for you, the effect seems minimal.
Dead Warlord

Post by Dead Warlord »

E3M3 of 2002, its in the room with the cyberdemon in the blood fountain. As for the hallway that I'm getting stuck in, its where the red key is if I remember, I'll add another picture to show you where it is, you'll just have to take my word that I'm running forward lol.

Dope, I completely forgot to mention the other 2 mods I'm running. I'm just running the improved Perkistan smooth animations (the black glove version) and the hd sound effects. I actually removed DELite.pk3 and ran the other 2 mods just to make sure it wasn't some conflict with those 2 that was causing the problem and the problem fixed itself, so the problem is coming from DELite.pk3 for sure.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20130610_215250.png
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

There is a bit of code in Lite called +FIXMAPTHINGPOS, which is meant to make sure that lamps or similar items with this tag don't get stuck (or appear stuck) in walls.

I have a version of lite without that extra code and hopefully it works with your configuration.

*See Recent Post*
Last edited by BlueFireZ88 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dead Warlord

Post by Dead Warlord »

Just tried it out and it works like a charm. Probably gonna put this into my autoloads for DOOM now lol, thanks for the help BlueFire, I owe you one for taking the time to help me out.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

No problem, glad you enjoy the mod some much!
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Bug fix for Expanded Lite, fixes a minor issue with Spectre blood and decor positions.

Get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rd1pk ... DELite.pk3
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I'm surprised you're even still finding bugs, it's been working perfectly for me. Expanded is definitely my go-to mod for my first run through a WAD.
BlueFireZ88

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

I was surprised too, but let's face it, Expanded was always a one man development team, so even then there might be things I might have missed.

Hopefully I don't find anything else, but that's not always a guarantee. Even so, i still make sure there fixed to the way they're supposed to be.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”