Brutal HeXen - BETA RELEASED

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blue Shadow

Re: Somebody said Brutal HeXen? (still WIP)

Post by Blue Shadow »

If you take out the puzzles, then it's not Hexen anymore.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Now, if only Brutal Blood could be a thing. :shucks:
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

how about putting REAL puzzles into some Hexen maps? You know, a level that is almost all puzzles, and levels that are actual slaughtermaps/defend the point maps?
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Why did you get rid of the fists? They were only the most satisfying thing about the fighter. Also, the fighter's first two weapons were meant to be melee only as were most enemies until you get the Hammer. Besides the crossbow graphics from Heretic look awkward here.
qwasqawss

Post by qwasqawss »

I could enjoy a Brutal Hexen, but not at the expense of Brutal Doom. I'd personally much prefer your considerable skills spent on Doom.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Even if he doesn't finish it, I really do hope he releases what he's already done.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

SamVision wrote:Why did you get rid of the fists? They were only the most satisfying thing about the fighter. Also, the fighter's first two weapons were meant to be melee only as were most enemies until you get the Hammer. Besides the crossbow graphics from Heretic look awkward here.
I think the Fists were cool when I have seen them when I played the game by the first time back in 2003. But now I think they are just an underpowered weapon which mechanics consists of holding the fire button while the enemy is dead (and it takes some time) and occasionally you must evade enemy attacks. The Axe and Shield are much more dynamic and powerful. And just like in Brutal Doom Universe it doesn't make sense an elite space marine have only a pistol instead of an assault rifle, I think in Brutal HeXen Universe it doesn't make sense an elite warrior having to fight with his bare hands instead of some bigger weapon.

qwasqawss wrote:I could enjoy a Brutal Hexen, but not at the expense of Brutal Doom. I'd personally much prefer your considerable skills spent on Doom.
I don't plan to spend more than one month working on this mod. In no way this is going to make me stop working on Brutal Doom.
Zombieguy wrote:Even if he doesn't finish it, I really do hope he releases what he's already done.
I will release the first alpha when I finish all of Baratus weapons and all the early monsters
Springy

Post by Springy »

I thought someone mentioned making a Brutal Hexen quite some time ago. Probably me just imagining it to be honest but anyways I fully support the idea. I love Brutal Doom and would quite happily like too see Hexen get them same treatment or even Heretic.
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Slax wrote:Now, if only Brutal Blood could be a thing. :shucks:
Sadly that is currently not possible without the source code for the original game first of all. Two, if anyone is thinking porting "Brutal Blood" into ZDoom then I would say that I haven't really seen anyone done a proper conversion of Blood into the ZDoom engine since all previous attempts (ZBlood) are crap which I even doubt it's even possible. Three I've seen previous attempts of porting Blood into other engines but they're either in development hell (XL Blood) cancelled/post poned (Transfusion, C2G), or look like crap (ZBlood like I explained above, M210 Eduke32 Blood).

So in short, Brutal Blood is very unlikely at the moment.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Well, there's an eddited ZBlood wad without new weapons and monsters that works with Brutal Doom (a bit glitchy, but it works). That's the closest thing that you are ever going to see of a Brutal Blood.

EDIT: Forgot download link
http://camoy.sdf.org/wads/files/Zbludmaps.wad
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont change the gameplay, make maps instead!!!
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

AlwaysDoomed wrote:NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont change the gameplay, make maps instead!!!
:\
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

AlwaysDoomed wrote:NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont change the gameplay, make maps instead!!!
...So don't change the gameplay, and instead make things that change the gameplay?

Levels are a part of gameplay, too, y'know.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

ok to put in simpler terms... please just make maps instead. Im tired of content wads just to play wads im already bored of.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Oh, yeah. I did never play Hexen until the end because it get a little boring after some time. Maybe a Brutal Hexen would fix it! :D

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”