Brutal HeXen - BETA RELEASED

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Biosyn

Re: Brutal HeXen - BETA RELEASED

Post by Biosyn »

True. I forgot about that. But again, it does not fit Mage either who is not physical in any respect seeing as how he doesn't even have a melee weapon to begin with.

I really don't see why this should belong to anyone else other then Fighter...
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

XutaWoo wrote:It wouldn't fit the Cleric at all, really. His flechette doesn't explode. :P
This.

I almost exclusively play as mage in Hexen and yes, you're still running around and jumping and dodging things just like in any other Doom-style FPS. Ducking and narrowly escaping an attack before letting a well-timed flask hit your attacker is very much in character - probably even more so than the fighter.

That said, a slight variation might be made in having the mage throw the flask first as the serpent bites...
Biosyn

Post by Biosyn »

I almost exclusively play as mage in Hexen and yes, you're still running around and jumping and dodging things just like in any other Doom-style FPS. Ducking and narrowly escaping an attack before letting a well-timed flask hit your attacker is very much in character - probably even more so than the fighter.
What I said:
And what might I ask is so "magical" about climbing onto an enemy's back, forcing it to open its mouth, lobbing a bottle of explosive liquid into it and forcefully making it swallow it? Its a flechette bottle, Hexen's version of a grenade. It does not even have any magical implications. And yet Fighter has been allotted a crossbow that runs on mana as his second weapon slot. So how exactly is a flechette bottle any more "magical" than that?
Plus, Mage does not even HAVE a melee weapon. What is his mechanic? Is it being worked on? Will it suit his character? Should Mage even have fatalities?
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

See bottom line in my last post, though it would make it even funnier if it happened with a particularly frustrating CS that happened to deal a lot of damage to the player by that time.
Biosyn

Post by Biosyn »

Right, so I ask again:
Mage does not even HAVE a melee weapon. What is his mechanic? Is it being worked on? Will it suit his character? Should Mage even have fatalities?
Also, I guess I can modify Fighter's current animation so that instead of lobbing a flechette down the serpent's throat, he rips apart his upper jaw. And the serpent's swallowing animation can be used for Mage's fatality where he will toss the bomb after some other kind of action. But again, I need to know the specifics of how Mage's fatality will work (if mechanic exists, see second line of this post).

Sound good?
Matt

Post by Matt »

I can think of some possibilities:
- killing blow at point blank
- flechette use at point blank, or flechette during a serpent's melee animation (first come first serve)
- last in a streak
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Mage could do like gory touch fatalities like The Immortal.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

The only problem with the Serpent eating the fighter is that the Serpent's arms get waaay longer when it happens... plus can they really bend their necks upward like that?
FlynTigert

Post by FlynTigert »

The mage could fire a blast at a downed enemy in slow motion in chase cam behind it in a slow-mo head-shot.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I want the mage to fatality people the entire hub with a Dragon Slave.

But more seriously...
- Ice the guy halfway up and leave him like that. (anyone old enough to remember the Mr. Freeze episode of Batman: The Animated Series should know what I'm talking about)
- Set guy on fire.
- Turn guy into toad.
- Beat guy to death with magic missile wand, the wand going off with every thwack and causing chaos everywhere.
- Dive behind centaur, shoot wand at back of shield causing it to deflect into his face and blow his head off.
- Afrit gets impaled on wand, you've got a "human" shield.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Idea: one Mage fatality could be for him to grab an Ettin's head and turn it into stone or ice, and then knock it off his shoulders using the staff like a baseball bat.
FlynTigert

Post by FlynTigert »

You COULD give the Mage a melee weapon as a starting weapon for Fatality sake, or you could make melee for an alt.fire...
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Why does Hexen need fatalities? I think it's awesome to just be able to beat the shit out of things, with additional gore. I guess it wouldn't be "Brutal HeXen" then, and just HeXen with Nashgore. This is the problem I have, most of these added features seem to ruin the original maps (this is very true with Brutal Doom). I think the maps need to be edited A LOT in order for these features to use their ultimate effects.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Fatalities are a nice afterthought, though im more concerned about the functionality of the new classes myself.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

doomer1 wrote:Fatalities are a nice afterthought, though im more concerned about the functionality of the new classes myself.
I agree. I think if the classes can work right, then the fatalities would work right along with them.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”