Supplice - Out now on Steam!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Death Egg

Re: [WIP] Supplice -- Totally not dead!

Post by Death Egg »

Extremely exciting stuff! I would love to see you get enough artists to make a full set of enemy sprites and make this an IWAD still but I understand if that's too much work. Though you could take some Public Domain monsters to fill space like the Grell from Blasphemer and anything Eriance made that's not modified from a Doom enemy.
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Thanks guys, I'm glad some of you are still interested :D
Death Egg wrote:Extremely exciting stuff! I would love to see you get enough artists to make a full set of enemy sprites and make this an IWAD still but I understand if that's too much work. Though you could take some Public Domain monsters to fill space like the Grell from Blasphemer and anything Eriance made that's not modified from a Doom enemy.
This topic actually just came up at Doomworld. Cage and I did discuss this possibility, but we thought it was going to be way too much work. I think we would probably prefer to use our own work for monster sprites if we went in this direction, though that's just my initial thought. If we did get more artists on board that are capable of doing complete monster sprite sets, then its not out of the realm of possibility.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Mechadon wrote:Thanks guys, I'm glad some of you are still interested :D
Heeeeeeh.
Like I'd lose interest in anything made by you. I just about foam at the mouth whenever I see new screenshots.
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

Mechadon wrote:Thanks guys, I'm glad some of you are still interested :D
Death Egg wrote:Extremely exciting stuff! I would love to see you get enough artists to make a full set of enemy sprites and make this an IWAD still but I understand if that's too much work. Though you could take some Public Domain monsters to fill space like the Grell from Blasphemer and anything Eriance made that's not modified from a Doom enemy.
This topic actually just came up at Doomworld. Cage and I did discuss this possibility, but we thought it was going to be way too much work. I think we would probably prefer to use our own work for monster sprites if we went in this direction, though that's just my initial thought. If we did get more artists on board that are capable of doing complete monster sprite sets, then its not out of the realm of possibility.
Perhaps you could make an open call on this board? There's plenty of talented artists on ZDoom forums, I'm sure some would be willing to contribute.
Cage

Post by Cage »

I've posted this in the Doomworld thread, might post here as well. :)

A bit rough, but that's the overall idea of what I'm thinking of doing with the monsters - a bit of a new look, same design and form.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Just got better, i see! I'll wish you a great good luck!
Cage

Post by Cage »

You were hired to terraform this rock. Never held a gun before. Now you're the sole survivor.
( https://twitter.com/CagesCorner/status/ ... 7741873152 )

More transmissions coming soon. Until that - stay alive.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Oh WOW! Did you draw that?

Reminds me of the old Psygnosis pixel art.

Good times :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

We are the Sole Survivor that going to super-surprise the evils, for sure! Glad you're back and i wish you a good luck!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Jesus. How can one not think on a 16 bit music while seeing this? It is awesome! I gotta fix my jaw, hold on.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Some of those screenies reminded me of some map aesthetics I wanted to put into Doom. They captured a feeling I wanted to get from Doom. :D

Can't wait to play these! :D
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Thanks for the kind words guys! Cage has been doing an amazing job with all of the art and graphic assets these past few months. We should have more to show off soon~ish if things go well. I'm hoping to start hammering on a lot of mapping this year, so that will be good.
Cage

Post by Cage »

We're proud to share with you, the visual theme we've established for Supplice' last episode, the nerve-wracking finale that will challenge both your skill and beliefs - CANDYLAND!!!

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Karnage in Kandyland, i presume! This is so sweet and hilarious to be true! :laff:
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Here are a couple more deliciously sweet screenshots :D

ImageImage

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”