Extermination Day Megawad Project

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ribo Zurai

Re: Extermination Day Megawad Project

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Will the wad be vanilla? Or only playable with Brutal Doom?
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Ribo Zurai wrote:Will the wad be vanilla? Or only playable with Brutal Doom?
I'm not sure what you exactly means with "Vanilla".
If you are talking about the format, no, the maps are not Vanilla Format. It uses a mix of both Doom In HeXen Format and UDMF maps, so, these maps are only playable in ZDoom, GZDoom, or Zandronum.
If you are talking about gameplay, yes. This map will feature no custom monsters (exept bosses and minibosses). The resources will not be linked with Brutal Doom. You can play this megawad with Brutal Doom, Diaz, Samsara, RGA2, whatever you want, but the gameplay is more focused on Brutal Doom monster behavior, and some effects will look better with Brutal Doom or Beautiful Doom (the fire focuses for example, will spawn flares and will look prettier if Brutal Doom or Beautiful Doom is loaded)
Vampocalypse

Post by Vampocalypse »

Damn I can't wait for this megawad to be released, hope to see more pics soon! :)

I like how you used the fire escapes from your City Assault map to enhance the (already awesome) downtown map,
the After The Holocaust map was always my favorite map, it's awesome to see it being improved. (and hopefully bigger)
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:You can play this megawad with Brutal Doom, Diaz, Samsara, RGA2, whatever you want
Thats great can't wait till you have this released so i can play it with nazis, Will your icon of sin level be in this wad?
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkhaven3

Post by darkhaven3 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Downtown screenshot
Looks pretty low quality. Are those textures from phobos.wad in the background
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

mumblemumble wrote:
LegendaryFalco wrote:id say the hardest i know is possible is plutonia 1 on black metal but maybe plutonia 2 is possible as well
Nah, I doubt those would work on black metal very well MAINLY because many levels start you out completely fucking surrounded. Maybe its just me, but I think maps which start you off on a map flanked and exposed by 5 chain gunners and 5 shotgun guys is pretty [censored word], simply because its more like a health and armor check than an actual challenge. This is my opinion of course, but using high risks of inescapable damage (being swarmed and without any place for cover) seems cheap.

Course, I again could just be a "crappy" player...I've seen someone beat all of doom2 on black metal, and I've beaten knee deep in dead on it, so I know its not impossible.

Btw, slightly off topic but will there be another thread for brutal doom made at some point? Or will I need to report glitches to you personally, or use fb, or what?

well im saying plutonia 1 is possible because i did complete it on black metal tho i did bring gear from previous levels instead of doing AR start every map.. really need good strats to make those 32 maps possible tho

on topic this megawad looks like its gonna be awesome new downtown looks rather realistic in a way
Sergeant_Mark_IV

More updates: I am improving the car textures. I am replacing the Action Doom cars by the Shadow Warrior cars.
darkhaven3 wrote:Looks pretty low quality. Are those textures from phobos.wad in the background
Which textures are you referring to? Most of the textures were ripped from NeoDoom.
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

This wad looks so cool. I want to play it. But a boss that is so cool is the juggernaut from brutal doom 1.8.
You have doing a great job Sergeant_Mark_IV.
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Tomicapo wrote:This wad looks so cool. I want to play it. But a boss that is so cool is the juggernaut from brutal doom 1.8.
You have doing a great job Sergeant_Mark_IV.
Yes. A bigger and stronger Juggernaut will fit well as the Boss of the second episode.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

The same with the Belphegor?
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:More updates: I am improving the car textures. I am replacing the Action Doom cars by the Shadow Warrior cars.
You should change those black spaces for that floor texture too, like the Action Doom cars do
Or what about voxel vehicles?
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Whoa dude... This Megawad is gonna be something really BIG!!! :surprise:

Cool... Really cool, must say!

Waiting for the big release day... :thumb:
Sammy3670

Post by Sammy3670 »

When will you change the progress reports of the maps on the first page? It's been quite awhile.
Sergeant_Mark_IV

I don't know when I am going to update it. I have drastically changed some plans on this, and many maps are removed/added. For now I have just did a cleanup.
darkhaven3

Post by darkhaven3 »

Sammy3670 wrote:When will you change the progress reports of the maps on the first page? It's been quite awhile.
Hopefully around the same time Mark stops using autoalign on those startan textures

Return to “Levels”