[DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Ultimate DooMer

Re: [Dec 1st 2012] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

I will have a look at it tomorrow or something, but as someone said, it's GZDoom-only and DTS-T is supporting ZDoom, so to me it's not a mandatory feature. Well, we'll see...
The sky graphic can be edited manually to look foggier, but results aren't guaranteed as it depends on the graphic itself and what pic editor you use.
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Foggy sky is in for GZDoom only.

I used skyfog in MAPINFO and in two cases, I used the SetGlobalFogParameter function to fade in/out skyfog, as the player moves from a foggy to a non-foggy part of the map. I didn't really achieve any good results when toying around with sky graphic recoloring, but it's in for the GL Renderer at least.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Hum... near oldschool design with great creativity for new stuff! "me likes"! :D
It makes me remember some alpha maps of an old Brdoom mod called "Unbroken Reality".
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Unfortunately I won't make it today. If nothing pops up, I will release tomorrow.
Deathmatcher

Re: [Dec 2nd 2012] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Post by Deathmatcher »

RELEASED!
DOWNLOAD HERE!
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Man, that intro is awesome, I love the remix of E1M1!

EDIT: Just finished playing through the first episode and I gotta say that this wad is awesome. The messages from HQ are a really nice touch and the effects added in help the atmosphere of the game. Finding the secrets was good, and there were a lot of excellent ambushes and encounters. There weren't much items but I tend to like that because it makes you have to use shots wisely. I'll be moving onto gogypt next, nice job on the wad!
Last edited by Sgt. Shivers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zacky94

Post by zacky94 »

Well the maps feel a little empty,like there's not enough details and stuff..
But Looks good so far,im definitely gonna enjoy this.

and thats the most badass remix of E1M1 i ever heard *~*
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

Downloading :)
Nice job.
perfectpitchrob

Post by perfectpitchrob »

Nice job on this so far. Only on the first episode, but I like the old school feel mixed with the heretic/hexen ambiance with the soundtrack. Looking forward to what I bet will be the most impressive maps as the wad progresses!
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I finished playing through this but man...
Spoiler:
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

I'm entering the second level of the second chapter with absolutely no ammo. I'm sure I have plenty of rockets, but unless I gain the ability to use them with my bare hands instead of requiring a launcher to utilize them, I'm SOL.

Other than the debilitating lack of ammo, though, I'm enjoying this so far.
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

Just finished the first 2 chapters, let me give you some feedback.

There's a lot of stuff that I like. Plenty of good moments, like Reily's comment about the weather stopping+the music on that level = awesome.
Also the dining hall looked impressive.
Chapter 1 was great. Good setting and I really liked how all the levels fit together.
In Sir Enri's Dungeon, I think near the end, it seemed possible to get stuck in the pit (with the lost souls).. no way out -> not cool :P

Chapter 2 I definitely liked less than chapter 1. Although the levels themselves are nicely put together, there were far too many Revenants for my taste (I just hate these bastards :D ) and as twinkieman93 already mentioned, the Sanctum of Edfu level has some seeerious ammo problems. You can't expect people to kill Barons, Knights and Revenants with just their fists. Yea, plenty of rockets but no launcher to be found until Morbus' Death Cathedral.
This carries on into the first half of Divine Chasm, but there's plenty ammo in the 2nd half.
I found the bazillion Revenants near the end of chapter 2 a bit cheap but well, at least you can run back for cover I guess.
However, I did like the concept of the Gehenna level, haven't seen that done before. Quite cool.

With Reily's voice being kinda distorted and often playing while enemies show up, I'd recommend to also add some text message. There were some occasions where I simple couldn't properly hear what he said. (enemy sounds, gun sounds and the fact I'm not a native English speaker all weren't helping :P )

Overal though, I'm liking this and I look forward to playing chapter 3 and further :)
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Played through the whole thing.
And holy shit this is a great motherfucking megawad! it was a bit slow in the first chapters but the story and Riley kept me going. I did have to cheat myself a bunch of ammo though and health in some places, you might want to fix that. Upon entering the Apostruct though, thats where things got really great, I must say The Jade Cube was one of the better maps I've played in a while except for a few annoying moments with excessive arch-viles/barons. The atmospheric build up and all the kinds of strange phenomena inside it was just spot on. Seeing your own future and your own past was really something else, +++++ points for that.
The homages to a few very familiar dimensions was pretty fun too and the maps were huge as fuck, which is fantastic. I just have to express my love for huge structures.

So conclusion: The build quality of the levels weren't all that good, especially in the first half of the wad. But layout-wise the maps worked and weren't all that annoying. The gameplay suffered from some unfair moments and low ammo.
But I could give this 5 stars just because of the great story. The story in this one surpasses any other doom mod that I've ever played and even most of the commercial games I've played. Riley is really what made this megawad goldworth and shit got really unsettling near the end and the final map and ending was great.

If only the annoying gameplay quirks that kind of ruin a bit of the fun was fixed, this would be a really really great megawad.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

@Icytux: Yeah, the Seven Sins level was...something, alright. The "Lust" segment I had the feeling would be the most disturbing one...and a pretty lengthy one as well. (Pride was dirt-simple, but Sloth, Greed, and Envy were very annoying in their own way; Gluttony was easy, too, if somewhat hilariously so, but Wrath definitely hammered in who were the three most annoying enemy types in Vanilla Doom II)
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Wow guys, thank you so much for the praises so far! Also for the criticism. I'm really glad for any kind of (constructive) feedback. Keep on playing! Did you find both secret levels yet? :wink:

Yep! Once you get to "Seven", it's all about Doom, and not about ponies and rainbows anymore... :twisted:

I'm a bit sad to hear of the ammo problems of you guys. One reason might be: There IS a rocket launcher in level 07 (the Temple of Edfu). Some of you seem to have missed it, despite it being right along the path (more or less). Frankly, levels 08-09 were not intended to be completed without the rocket launcher... I'm really glad to hear you guys clenched your teeth and bit through it, though! :)
.+:icytux:+. wrote:The story in this one surpasses any other doom mod that I've ever played and even most of the commercial games I've played.
This is the nicest compliment I ever got in my life I think :oops: A great story was one of my main goals for this project.

Return to “Levels”