[DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
perfectpitchrob

Re: [DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Post by perfectpitchrob »

Finished it. Wow, seven was a truly disturbing (in a good way) level. The ending of the game was pretty deep as well.
Spoiler:
I think what makes this such a unique playthrough was how you start off in a very simply designed chapter and progress to some of the largest, most challenging, and stunning levels I've ever seen in doom. The attention to detail in Map 28
Spoiler:
was incredible. Great experience overall.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

I'm currently on the zoo level, It says I still have 1 monster to kill, but I spent around 10 minutes looking for them, and they don't even show up when I put in Iddt? Any help?

EDIT: I found the cyberdemon, but I don't know how to get it out of it's room...
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:EDIT: I found the cyberdemon, but I don't know how to get it out of it's room...
Spoiler:
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Deathmatcher wrote:Yep, it's the lasers...
Yes, the laser beams are indeed the culprit. Is there a chance you replace them with something less resource-hungry like a force field texture or something?
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Deathmatcher wrote:
doomer1 wrote: as you said you would be touching up on levels, i cant wait to see what you do with it as this concept has alot of potential.
Uhm, sorry what?
I played the first level briefly, and it was overly big, underdetailed, no traps, obvious secrets, little to no decoration... it was just absolutely uninteresting. you said that you would be touching up on levels, so i will be watching for what rolls out later, and see what you come up with. i really like having a audio buddy and a storyline, with a specific mission in mind. i really like that it adds to the idea that you are a DTST.
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

@Doomer1, keep playing. The levels get better further on. Especially Chapter 4 is really well done.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Thanks for the help! I gotta say, the zoo level is both one of the coolest levels I've played and also one of the most frustrating. I still love it though. :)
I'm looking forwards to the rest of the stages in the Apostruct!
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Played through all the maps, even the secret ones. And the Chapter 4, jesus those final maps. First two chapters were kinda meh, third started to show good improvement, and the fourth was like a cherry on top of the cake. And the story was more than cool. Although ending left me kinda :cry:.

Probably most memorable maps for me were, map25, map26 and map29. Map29 just reeks being dick about on you. map25 puzzles and overall design was awesome. Also, map26 is... is... Well, what I can say here? Disgusting, awesome, clever and fun would be good adjectives for it.

Yep. Nice piece of work, pal. :)
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

Just finished it.. crazy :D
Overal quality is definitely excellent. Story kept me interested throughout (Reily is really getting creepy near the end xD, that line "What do we have here? A little spider waiting for you?" or something like that.. *shiver* :D) and many of the maps were really awesome.
Some maps definitely have ammo issues (Faded Place surely needs more) and some places were simply too hard for me. Unfortunately had to cheat a little bit here and there :(

Spoilered for great justice -- mgmt
Spoiler:
Besides these things, I really enjoyed it. Very well done!
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Thanks for the great feedback, guys! :) Really appreciated!
doomer1 wrote:I played the first level briefly, and it was overly big, underdetailed, no traps, obvious secrets, little to no decoration... it was just absolutely uninteresting. you said that you would be touching up on levels, so i will be watching for what rolls out later, and see what you come up with. i really like having a audio buddy and a storyline, with a specific mission in mind. i really like that it adds to the idea that you are a DTST.
Sorry, but I did not say that. That's the release version.

Not saying that I will never release another version but if I do, it will most likely not contain any visual enhancements. As I said, the first chapters display my earliest work. I did revise those levels a lot of times over the years but there just comes the point where you have to say "It will not get any better unless I start over again". And before I do this, I will most likely rather invest that time into a new project. ;)

Thanks for the feedback, though. It's as legitimate as the praises. I hope you will enjoy the later levels more. :)

@Dijel:
Spoiler:
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

@Deathmatcher: Your thoughts on this...
Blue Shadow wrote: Yes, the laser beams are indeed the culprit. Is there a chance you replace them with something less resource-hungry like a force field texture or something?
Also, you might want to check your PMs. :)
Niwatorry

Post by Niwatorry »

Finished it... and I liked it! :D

I normally don't finish playing a whole megawad this fast.
Well, there sure are some issues. For example, there are some pits that made me stuck and the earlier maps seemed a bit flat, keep running back and forth in a core level (map16) didn't feel so good.
But overall- it's a real masterpiece! :D

The atmosphere, along with the voice acting, was great.
Especially the background of map20 was- I'd like to describe it romantic, beautiful, or something. :wub:
Each level has another concept like a kaleidoscope... Latter maps are so creative that every one of them deserves a independent wad itself; so I just couldn't get tired of playing.
Besides, map17 was really exciting. I actually LOVE to escape from an exploding shaceship! :twisted:
Oh, placing an invulnerability next to where tons of pain elementals are, was a very good idea; It helped me a lot, especially when fast monsters on.

By the way, nice job and thanks for the enjoyment!
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

Ohhh yesss, this is kind of a WAD I enjoy the most - no unnecessary new monsters, no gratuitous/lame new wepons, only great maps and decent backstory as a bonus! Those hub maps near the end had some awesome original ideas and I really liked how you were able to do widely different mapping styles without a hitch. Other people here are right that the first 12 or so maps are rather bland and far too easy, but as a whole, DTS-T definitely belongs to highly memorable WADs.

Do you have a sequel in mind? I mean, judging by the communication beween the shuttle and Marine Command at the very end?
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Thanks for more feedback, guys :)
Niwatorry wrote:there are some pits that made me stuck and the earlier maps seemed a bit flat, keep running back and forth in a core level (map16) didn't feel so good.
That's two things that have been mentioned by a couple of people so far. I guess you are refering to lava pits. These were meant to be "dead ends" (with an emphasis on "dead"). I acknowledge the fact, though, that teleporters in lava pits are a very common thing and breaking from this tradition seems to confuse people.

On level 16: Yes, I might have gone a bit too far with the running back and forth here. Maybe I should have trimmed that passage a bit. But, oh well... :D

Niwatorry wrote:Especially the background of map20 was- I'd like to describe it romantic, beautiful, or something. :wub:
Haha, I love that one. You make me blush, man! :oops:
Niwatorry wrote:Besides, map17 was really exciting. I actually LOVE to escape from an exploding shaceship! :twisted:
I'm glad you like it! :) The level was subject to a lot of tuning.
Niwatorry wrote:Oh, placing an invulnerability next to where tons of pain elementals are, was a very good idea; It helped me a lot, especially when fast monsters on.
I think not putting it there would have pissed off a lot of people, to be honest. :D
Caleb13 wrote: I really liked how you were able to do widely different mapping styles without a hitch.
Thanks, man. Diversity was one of the primary goals of the project. I'm glad to see that it is so well-received.
Caleb13 wrote:Do you have a sequel in mind? I mean, judging by the communication beween the shuttle and Marine Command at the very end?
Hehe... :twisted: Well, "never say never". It's not the next thing on my list but let's say, I wouldn't have made that ending if I entirely ruled out the possibility of a sequel. :wink:
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Dissatisfied with reaching Gogypt by using God mode against Sir Enri, I started the game from scratch, using a modified version of Inheritance with classic weaponry to give me an edge. Saving just before meeting him, I still have yet to defeat him fair and square. Even if I could find the rocket launcher, I'd just blast myself with it, so that's not an option.

EDIT:
FINALLY!!!!
(after over twenty tries)
Man, I could beat a Cyberdemon in close quarters more easily than this guy!

On the positive side now, I like how this mod gives a neat story while still retaining the fragfest nature of DooM.

Return to “Levels”