[DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
perfectpitchrob

Re: [DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Post by perfectpitchrob »

I found the first secret level but I can't seem to find how to get to the second one. Is the entrance to it from this level?

Other than that, I'll echo what Icy said in that this wad certainly keeps getting better as the level number increases. It's been a lot of fun so far!
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Is the Core a normal or secret level? I felt like I left the previous level before it was completely done...
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

The Core is a normal level.

Unlike classic Doom, when you leave a secret level in DTS-T, you will get back to the level where you entered the secret level from (hub mechanic).

The second secret level is not in chapter III...
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

The second secret level is super easy to find, getting to it is a whole nother issue though, so don't worry that you've missed it.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Ah, I found the rocket launcher on a second run through the temple while purposely looking for it. Note: I wouldn't consider it on the path if I have to actively seek it out.
Maybe you should put the rocket launcher in front of the corpse instead of vice versa. The reason I didn't see it last time is because I lack x-ray vision and thus couldn't see the rocket launcher through the corpse while fighting revenants and hell knights.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

This is rather boring, mainly the level design. i like the storyline though, and the audio over is cool. as you said you would be touching up on levels, i cant wait to see what you do with it as this concept has alot of potential.
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

doomer1 wrote: as you said you would be touching up on levels, i cant wait to see what you do with it as this concept has alot of potential.
Uhm, sorry what?
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Heh this is a pretty amazing megawad so far and probably one of my most fun times in doom I have ever had.
The first chapter or 2 seemed pretty flat and such with a lack of details and more long hallways and rooms
that seemed empty, but that got better really quickly. As you said those were your first levels and thats
understandable.

The difficulty (playing on Ultra-Violence) is spot on and most certainly gets hair raising at times. I also
love the scripting, the story, and the whole aspect about the commander helping you out. The first boss fight
and all of them actually were really well done. The only issues I have had so far were the ammo issued in the
first 2 levels of chapter 2 (continuous play through) although I never ran totally dry. The other thing is the first
boss fight, his melee attack is seriously overkill and I only say that because its range is far outside what the actual
graphic is. Once you get used to it, its not too bad but may require a death to figure out that you can't stop moving
(especially since it tore off 80%). The cyber fight was the best part of this level set so far, I have never been so scared and
so tense out of a situation with cybers before and was lucky as hell i never got killed. Definitely one of the most fun battles,
of my dooming career.

Just stopped at the hub entrance and will be starting that tonight but so far this is one of my all time favorite level
sets of all time, I most certainly hope you create more in the future and thank you for the awesome creation that you
put so much time and effort into =D
perfectpitchrob

Just entered the hub levels. I gotta say Map 20 was very creative, and I don't think I've seen anything like it in a doom wad before. Chapter 3 was a big improvement over the first two in terms of detail and gameplay. I can't wait to play the final chapter!
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Since no one has mentioned this, then it's only me and my old machine, but I'm getting heavy slowdowns in MAP12: Deck 1: Research/Cargo, which is weird, since the map isn't that big nor heavily detailed and doesn't make use of special effects like particles and such.
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Darsycho »

Blue Shadow wrote:Since no one has mentioned this, then it's only me and my old machine, but I'm getting heavy slowdowns in MAP12: Deck 1: Research/Cargo, which is weird, since the map isn't that big nor heavily detailed and doesn't make use of special effects like particles and such.
I believe it's because of those lasers from realm667, my game slowed down a bit because of it.
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Yep, it's the lasers. If the level is unplayable for you, you can open DTS-T.pk3 with a zip program and remove Laserbeam.wad from it. This should improve performance in map12. You will get some "missing gfx" icons but it should not affect gameplay. The Laserbeams are only used by three levels:
Spoiler:
with map12 being arguably the most performance-hungry of them. You could add Laserbeams.wad back into the .pk3 after finishing map12 and see if the other two levels work out for you.
perfectpitchrob

That's interesting because I only had the slowdown in map 12. 15 and 16 were fine for me.

On another note. I must commend the author for this final chapter of levels, especially map 25. The atmosphere and puzzles in that level are cacoward worthy. And the backstory happening via audiologs is certainly getting interesting as well.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

I just finished the satellite section of Episode 3. That escape level was freaking awesome! I did find the Core to be a little tedious because I had to go back and forth between the power rods though.
I am enjoying the asteroid levels a lot!
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Excellent mod! Great presentation, nice voice acting, good music choices (unlike many mods/wads), and fitting atmosphere. Currently starting the "Egypt" section, after getting my behind handed to me by that knight.

Return to “Levels”