Zombie Torrent - Invasion Mod

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Uboa

Re: Zombie Torrent - Invasion Mod

Post by Uboa »

Magban724 wrote:I tried it so far, and I must say I like it very much! (If I decided to download zandronum just to try it, it really means it caught my eye. :P)

Well, it seems to be quite good, but there are some things it could have ironing out, imo.

- Revolvers are utterly useless for having horribly long reload compared to other guns. When I tuned it up twice, and added more ammo, it felt much better.
- Quad shotgun zombies are, huh, well. I hope you'll add more variations of shooting zombies and add less of them, since they are quite pain in the ass with such firepower and being so often. :P
- I hope you'll add some heavy hitter weapon later. I love pricy, but powerful stuff on late game, heh.
Ah, thanks. Glad you like it! I'm working on ironing some things out right now, but I'll try and fix the revolvers ASAP. As far as shooting zombies, I'll poke around on R667. Regarding the heavy hitter weapon, I'm trying my best to make the Loudmouth more powerful. I was thinking about making a weapon where you had to buy pieces from the trader, and it'd be a really powerful explosive weapon of some sort.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Uboa wrote:
-Ghost- wrote:Quick question about those extra skulltag files. I saw the actors file in my zandronum folder, but not the data one. Do I need to redownload an older version of Skulltag to get that file, or am I looking in the wrong place? :P
Google is your friend. There was a topic on the Zandronum forums about it, but I guess it got removed. It's hosted on many FTP sites, so Google should lead you to it.
Thanks, I found it. There's a thread with all the links for skulltag_data and actors here if anyone else needs it: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=417
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Yeah, lack of explosive weapon is quite awful. I hope it won't have too large self-damage though. It would be cool to have both a grenade launcher and some ultimate weapon. Other than that, tightening the vertical spread on the quadshot would do wonders already. :P

Oh, there's a bug, I think. The cowboy's lever action rifle seems to share ammo with action machinegun. I don't think it's supposed to be like that. :wink:
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Thanks a lot, Magban. I've fixed the revolvers already, and I've given them new firing sounds. Also, I've added smoke effects to the firing animations! I just got finished making a 3D model for the trader flags too: a simple plane that waves around.

But that's what I've been doing since you last posted. I'll be sure to fix some more bugs when I can. Did you know that if you purchase two Colt Pythons, you get Dual Pythons? :wink:
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Uboa wrote:Thanks a lot, Magban. I've fixed the revolvers already, and I've given them new firing sounds. Also, I've added smoke effects to the firing animations! I just got finished making a 3D model for the trader flags too: a simple plane that waves around.
Good idea, indeed I even changed revolver sounds myself during tests. It could also have some more ammo, since such small amount in backup simply doesn't cut it. :P
Uboa wrote:But that's what I've been doing since you last posted. I'll be sure to fix some more bugs when I can. Did you know that if you purchase two Colt Pythons, you get Dual Pythons? :wink:
Yeah, I never played Killing Floor, but I watched some videos. DOSH! :P
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

I boosted the ammo from 30 to 48 in the secondary supply. Right now, I'm having some issues with the healing on weapons. I'm trying to change it around for convenience.
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Bumping for great justice. Would anyone like to try their hand at a map?
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Mega bamp. Zombie Torrent is now managed here, at ModDB. This thread will no longer be updated. :wink:
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

That "Danger: Fuck Off" sign is the best thing ever.

When are there usually active servers on Doomseeker?

EDIT: DERP.

Hey, can you do us derpy laggards a huge favour and update the first post with a big fat link to an update-ful page at least?
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

UPDATE: I'm getting a new team together, so expect some updates for the mod in the future.
Pisstepank

Post by Pisstepank »

Cool! i was looking forward to see this mod having some update :p
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Pisstepank wrote:Cool! i was looking forward to see this mod having some update :p
I just got something of a team together, so things might progress slowly. I'm still looking for an experienced ACS coder.
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

Is the project alive????And if is, can you repost the wad, the old link is dead.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

You bumped the thread, look at the previous date.
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Bumped with a re-uploaded link.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”