Get ready for the ARMAGEDOOM!!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
mckracken

Re: Get ready for the ARMAGEDOOM!!!

Post by mckracken »

if it would make it look better than yes, i vote every mod should have BD effects. :)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Just finished Map01 and got interrupted by non-computer stuff.

Love the action, love the fact that we've got dialogue now despite the gameplay being still reasonably open-ended. I like how the zombies actually come off as an opponent now rather than a thing. EDIT: though DSPOPAIN really seems unfitting compared to the rest of the zombie sounds now.

Gotta agree with mckracken re: music, at least for Map01. :blergh: And yes, dynamic lights would be helpful (or at least setting those fireball trails to renderstyle add so it's not quite as obviously a bunch of actors being spawned behind the ball)

I like the occasional callbacks to BD but this really should stand on its own.
Last edited by Matt on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zZaRDoZz

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Needs polish but damn man you've really hit on something. The combat balance is already stellar. Are the friendly NPC's going to stay simple or will I have a chance to order them around a little?
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Okay, just "beat" map02.

Whenever I end a map feeling very motion sick because of constantly running back and forth while distracted by confusion and frustration looking for the next thing, I am not inclined to like that map.

But in all seriousness, though... I think it might be bugged. I got the red key, went into the control room, hit the switch behind the red door, thing said "Gallery D access granted" but from the map Gallery D is through to the east but the bars are still there. There's nothing else that looks like it could be used to open those bars, and after noclipping through it seemed to be the last part of the map.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Since ArmageDoom is Brutal Doom's ancestor, putting Brutal Doom in it is would be like putting Brutal Doom in Brutal Doom.

Vaecrius, I tested the map right now, and gallery D's bars have opened after I pressed the red switch. Did you went into the small tunnel or the main tunnel of gallery C?
Matt

Post by Matt »

The big one to the south, I recall.

EDIT: oooooooh i get it nevermind
Sergeant_Mark_IV

I have did a final update. This update unmakes the bushes solid and make them interactive. It fix some bugs on MAP01 and MAP03, add some monster closets on MAP02, makes burnable objects don't vanish when burned but have a burned deaths state. I also added "add" translation type for imp, mancubus and plasma projectiles, and added dynamic lights for them.
Also more enemies are added if the player is playing in Raining Blood dificulty.
And one video added.

Check first post for download link.
mckracken

Post by mckracken »

"added dynamic lights for them"

thanks! Please also add dynamic lights for the Mancubus and Revenant in Brutal Doom! (i think you just forgot)
Matt

Post by Matt »

I've just gotten massively motion sick playing Map03 on the previous version. I think it has to do with constantly colliding and stopping against things before I think I should be stopped. Any chance of making way more decorations non-obstacles, or at least greatly reducing their block radius?

...does one of the bugs in Map03 involve not being able to exit? I could never figure out what to do after the red key in the principal's office.
Failure

Post by Failure »

This is the best mod I ever played!It's even more better than brutaldoom IMO, but there's a problem I had while i was playing it:
.I had a problem loading my game progress sometimes because there was an error saying ''error, builing 0 not found''.

And I have another question:will you make the second episode of this wad?. :P
BoraxKid

Post by BoraxKid »

Whoah this is awesome! Sarge you sir are a genious! :D
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

No more marine help at third map?

Fuck! D:
mckracken

Post by mckracken »

plasma gun turns grunts into skeletons?
pure awesome.
zZaRDoZz

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Don't know if you're still doing updates but the area effect flames that result from using the flame thrower are lasting waaaay too long. They blocked me from getting the yellow key in the industrial map (05?) so I had to cheat.
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Vaecrius wrote:I've just gotten massively motion sick playing Map03 on the previous version. I think it has to do with constantly colliding and stopping against things before I think I should be stopped. Any chance of making way more decorations non-obstacles, or at least greatly reducing their block radius?

...does one of the bugs in Map03 involve not being able to exit? I could never figure out what to do after the red key in the principal's office.
There's an alley near the ruined red building. Use the red key to open a panel that will open a gate to proceed to the boss area.

Failure wrote:This is the best mod I ever played!It's even more better than brutaldoom IMO, but there's a problem I had while i was playing it:
.I had a problem loading my game progress sometimes because there was an error saying ''error, builing 0 not found''.

And I have another question:will you make the second episode of this wad?. :P
zZaRDoZz wrote:Don't know if you're still doing updates but the area effect flames that result from using the flame thrower are lasting waaaay too long. They blocked me from getting the yellow key in the industrial map (05?) so I had to cheat.
I'm going to completely remake this wad. All maps and weapons will be redone.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”