[WIP] Project ZD3K [update: 14-09-2018] * WIP life

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: Project ZD3K (rebuilding it) [update: 21-10-2012]

Post by Enjay »

Can I suggest that you do something about the SUPPORT2 girders (most obvious in screenshot 0035)? The patten on the texture is being cut through by the edges of the sectors/3D floors. It would look much better if you used a texture that fitted in to the correct size/pattern to match the architecture. If that's not possible, a more featureless texture (such as SHAWN2) would probably look better.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Sooooo many civilians! :wub:

And... a cat?! o.õ
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

Ravick wrote:Sooooo many civilians! :wub:

Well the whole game aint about shooting at the beginning, it is much like how Half-Life game started... easy and quiet at start, then come all the problem, but Doom style. The fun part come out after you discover what is going on inside the station. Yes there is alot of civilians, which they will become our lovely zombies, some marines will turn zombies too, some marines wont become zombies but will attack them, some will hate you because you messed up with their business.

And you encounter many people in the game which has been key and people i had some fun with in ZDoom, Newdoom and Doomworld forums.
Ex: Dr. Rowand and Ph. Heit are both Scientist that are helping you to find the missing evidence of the experimental project the UAC are doing inside that EDF Space Station.

Ravick wrote:And... a cat?! o.õ
This is 1 of many TV that are inside the station.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Don't trust Dr Rowand. That wizard is just a crazy old man. ;)
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

23 October 2012

Added the 2nd mission of 1st hub. You get to meet Dr. Rowand in this mission.
You can also see a prototype of a communication inside your game hud, this is still currently on work.

The more i progress doing these small mission, the whole conspiracy plot start to grow.

Screenshot 0041 Res: 1920x1080

Screenshot 0042 Res: 1920x1080

Dr. Rowand waiting you in the central observation room, still underwork.

Screenshot 0043 Res: 1920x1080

_
Ravick

Re: Project ZD3K (rebuilding it) [update: 23-10-2012]

Post by Ravick »

I love games that starts when everything is ok, and them shit happens and I have to try to fix it out and try to survive, like in Half Live or Doom3. I'm definitively waiting for this mod!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Wow, it looks cool...I'm looking forward this mod... :D
Ravick wrote:Half Live
It's "Half-Life"...
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

1 november 2012

I don't have much at the moment to share, i am still doing lot of bug fix from many hall of mirror bug, align texture properly... etc.
Map 01 (fixing it atm)
Map02 to map08 completed and fully scripted.

Heres a enormous skybox art i finished. This is going to looks like a GZDoom rendered effect skybox, but it is not using anything of ZGDoom. Everything have been made to works for ZDoom, guess it should look awesome on ZGDoom. Took me 8 days to make this happen. Arts are made from many edited pictures from Nasa's site, most are sized over 7000x7000 pixels.
This skybox is actualy 8125x8125x8125 square size.

Screenshot 0044 Res: 1920x1080

_
X-DOOM

Re: Project ZD3K (rebuilding it) [update: 1-11-2012]

Post by X-DOOM »

11 november 2012

Sorry for not showing much progress lately, i have been busy with work but i keep going on the project. I am starting to polish few maps even more, they aren't done yet but i was tired of using old sprite and texture that i made in years 1998-2001. Old computers such as Pentium 1 or 2 with 17 thumb monitor won't be anymore in the game, its OLD technology for a game that will play in year 2999-3000. With the addition of 3D Floors, i have made some possible realistic props but they are still underwork, i do think few of these monitor seem a little larger than living people...

I still have to edit and add weapons that Hellstorm Archon made for me into the game.

Here is the 1st lab than the player will have to explore (underwork)

Screenshot 0045 Res: 1920x1080

Screenshot 0046 Res: 1920x1080

A small computer room (underwork)

Screenshot 0047 Res: 1920x1080

Few common room (underwork)

Screenshot 0048 Res: 1920x1080

( transparent water, ZDoom )
Screenshot 0049 Res: 1920x1080

Screenshot 0050 Res: 1920x1080

Fun with 3D Floor (ZDoom)
Screenshot 0051 Res: 1920x1080

_
X-DOOM

Re: Project ZD3K (rebuilding it) [update: 21-01-2013]

Post by X-DOOM »

Its been 2 months i have not give sign of life and updates. The project is still alive and progressing very well, but the time i can spend into it have reduced by alot with real life work.

Here is few screenshot of a much detailed area of the game. Lately i have been detailing more and more current maps.

Screenshot 0052 Res: 1920x1080

Screenshot 0053 Res: 1920x1080

Screenshot 0054 Res: 1920x1080
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nice stuff, looking forward to this :)
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Since X-DOOM seems to be occupied with real-life stuff and working on this mod, I might as well showcase the weapon sprites I've done so far.
Spoiler: Note: These are just previews, I've PMed the full sprite sheets to X-DOOM
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

WOWEE!!! This is looking neat! Are there any older versions to download in the meantime?
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:Since X-DOOM seems to be occupied with real-life stuff and working on this mod, I might as well showcase the weapon sprites I've done so far.
Spoiler: Note: These are just previews, I've PMed the full sprite sheets to X-DOOM
Yes my friend i am very busy dealing with real-life work and most of my space time i spend them on working on the game, at the moment i am currently polishing the first 10 maps making sure everything in the whole hub get connected. Since the major idea of the first hub is to get the player to visit the space station from the docking bay up to the secret laboratory, everything is normal, beautiful and fine... the mess start right at the very end of the first hub which trigger the second hub, going backward the station from the labs down to the docking bay with everything damaged, usual doors encountered not working anymore, new corridor, monsters/demons and zombies, etc.

What taking most of my time is the new weapons Hellstorm Archon have made for me. Scripting them with every actors and npc to make these guns working as i want are a little pain but doable. Adding Hellstorm Archon and Ryan Cordell weapons are doing a great addition.

grouchbag wrote:WOWEE!!! This is looking neat! Are there any older versions to download in the meantime?
Unfortunately there is no older version available. I had lost most of the data in the past due to a nasty virus, i managed to recover a great part of files undamaged and few others damaged. I had few backups on burned CD but the engine i made from old ZDoom's source had a major bug with few zombie code. These zombie were acting like those from regular zombie movies or resident evil, they do not have guns, they had limped walk, they would scrath your face hard and bite you.
But the game was crashing everytime i had more than 10 zombie in the same area. I never knew why it crashed.

Now after these years, ZDoom upgraded by alot, with the addition of decorate, 3d floors and many more new features, i do not require anymore a custom engine, ZDoom does all i wanted now. I made every npc and actor as they were in my engine and i have even updated them too. I might plan to release the first hub as a demo but the thing is you do not fight much in the first hub. This is not a killing game at the start. It is more build like the old Half-Life game's first chapter. When i started this game i decided i would do something close. The fun start much on the second hub and end at the fifth hub. You will encounted few fighting moment within the first hub still... but don't see monster/demon/zombie yet.

I will have few screenshot coming soon.

I might ask few selected friends here to test what i made so far.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

After much work, I've finally finished the weapons requested for this mod.
Spoiler: Like in the previous post, I've PMed the full sheets to X-DOOM
I'm currently interested at how these weapons will be used in the mod itself, and I hope you will be, too. :wink:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”