[WIP] Project ZD3K [update: 14-09-2018] * WIP life

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
grouchbag

Re: [WIP] Project ZD3K (rebuilding it) [update: 13-12-2013]

Post by grouchbag »

Good luck to you! :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

X-DOOM wrote:I have to deal with what is most important for now... Job and girlfriend before gaming.
Damn, those are some messed up priorities right there. Job and girlfriend before gaming? Tsk tsk tsk. You do know that many gamers don't even have a girlfriend/significant other simply because they have dedicated their lives to gaming and realise that a partner would be a distraction don't you? Ummm... yeah, that's the reason. And a job? Again, get your priorities straight. How on Earth can you justify spending all those potential modding hours making money?
:joker:

Seriously, glad things are going well for you in real life ATM and if you can manage to keep plugging away with your project too, even if it is only slowly, that's great as well. :)
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

Enjay wrote:
X-DOOM wrote:I have to deal with what is most important for now... Job and girlfriend before gaming.
Damn, those are some messed up priorities right there. Job and girlfriend before gaming? Tsk tsk tsk. You do know that many gamers don't even have a girlfriend/significant other simply because they have dedicated their lives to gaming and realise that a partner would be a distraction don't you? Ummm... yeah, that's the reason. And a job? Again, get your priorities straight. How on Earth can you justify spending all those potential modding hours making money?
:joker:
I died a little on that one hehe.

Enjay wrote:
X-DOOM wrote: Seriously, glad things are going well for you in real life ATM and if you can manage to keep plugging away with your project too, even if it is only slowly, that's great as well. :)
Yeah i finaly found a way to spend small spare time to keep going on. My girlfriend aint that bad about gaming, she does too play game... eh emmmm facebook games... or Sims... but other than that, she doesn't play hardcore game. And she hated her ex boyfriend that choked her for gaming before her... she i ain't going through this, i dont wanna loose her for such things. She knows i have a special moment for gaming and i need it. So i stoped playing games to spend those spare time into modding and she agreed :) lucky for me and lucky for all of us :mrgreen:
austinmxpx182

Post by austinmxpx182 »

Is this done? Or an can you send me a wad file of this? I would really like to use some textures and your civilians if that's ok? Thanks
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

X-DOOM wrote:[WIP]
It's not done. Quit rushing him. :glare:
austinmxpx182

Post by austinmxpx182 »

I'm not rushing anyone...
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Asking someone to release a work-in-progress mod sounds like rushing to me.
X-DOOM

Re: [WIP] Project ZD3K (rebuilding it) [update: 30-04-2014]

Post by X-DOOM »

Been awhile i haven't been on lately, the project is still underwork at a very slowly pace. I am converting lots of things since the last few months to get the project to work on GZDoom, as i have been stoped with multiple obstacle i couldn't fix from current ZDoom... the 3D Floor thing, dynamic lights and some other features and architecture design style that only GZDoom would only give me or until ZDoom be able to do it.

As of now i had a self challenge in the last 2 weeks which was to get ZDoom to work on my Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, which i succeded but game crashed after few minutes :? Just to see it if it could be portable... and to show my latest baby hehe :mrgreen:

Titlemap's Game menu.
Android 4.2.2 ZD3K Tablet Test 01
Res: 1920x1080

In game's new area not released in screenshot yet.
Android 4.2.2 ZD3K Tablet Test 02
Res: 1920x1080

austinmxpx182 wrote:Is this done? Or an can you send me a wad file of this? I would really like to use some textures and your civilians if that's ok? Thanks
Unfortunately, there won't be any release until i get everything done as i thing and feel the game is playable.
I do believe i could get the 1st chapter released as a demo, but i feel anyone who would play it won't like it since there aint much combat and the fun start at chapter 2. Still i keep editing chapter 1 everytime i add new stuff on other chapters... such as goodies, new units and more mission/story.

As i work alone, this aint gonna be release yet, this is a slow building project.
_
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Do not care those whoever want you "release demo or somethings", just do your works and release it until you feel it's ready for play. :)
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

How the hell did you get zdoom working on android? That is amazing!
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

xenoxols wrote:How the hell did you get zdoom working on android? That is amazing!
I modified DoomGLES with mostly ZDoom's latest build. But it doesn't work for long, i got memory usage problem when running the game for too long.

DoomGLES on Google Play Store 2.14$
X-DOOM

Re: [WIP] Project ZD3K (rebuilding it) [update: 29-08-2014]

Post by X-DOOM »

Update: 29-08-2014, 3h51am

It's been almost 4 months since my last sign of life, i am sorry i have been very busy with life... i moved with my wife on an appartment 3 months ago, with work i couln'd set my new home properly until this last week.

I keep working on the project and i have changed few things in the game lately.
The game do not use anymore ZDoom ! It now does require GZDoom. I am using 3D Sloped floors, dynamic lights and more to come. Until ZDoom won't have these features, i am changing witch engine i may use for that.

Some mess in a dark lab room.
Dynamic lights test i made and with 3D sloped floors.

Screenshot 0095 Res: 1920x1080

_
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Good to see your project is till going and progressing and I'm looking forward to play it :)

Keep it up!
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Looks great, glad to see you back X-DOOM!
X-DOOM

Re: [WIP] Project ZD3K (rebuilding it) [update: 28-09-2014]

Post by X-DOOM »

Update: 28-09-2014, 11h55pm

Still working on the project on a slow pace, i just came back from hospital recovery, i had a food intoxication of 15 days lately, i had a Campylobacter bacteria contamination... i will never ever eat cooked bloodly meat anymore. Stuck with a long diarrhea every 10-15 minutes everyday for 15 days long was about to kill me slowly since i was unable to eat cuz i was not keeping any food within me at all and i was so tired i couldn't do anything, everything was exausting me hard. Before i knew it wasn't a gastroenteritis i saw in my watered-poo after 10 days i had blood in it, makes me go in hospital quick... that was not fun at all.

A huge 3 staged floors lab (work in progress).
This lab will use 3 different floor all connected on the same area, using 3D floors and 3D slopes, we will see alot of things that may change the player's mind a bit for the 2nd chapter hub. This is at the moment an empty area since i am working on it, i will post progress of it soon.

Screenshot 0096 Res: 1920x1080

A special laboratory corridor.
This is 1 corridor of the mid level of the space station Orbit-9, the skybox change it's pitch view as far as the player change his level through the station

Screenshot 0097 Res: 1920x1080

Screenshot 0098 Res: 1920x1080

Ooooh. this marine's gun is not like a regular marine's weaponry
Something tells me that the threat around here ain't to take silly.

Screenshot 0099 Res: 1920x1080

This is the currently remake of Map10, the middle level of the whole Orbit-9 station.
I made alot of change there and removed alot of unused rooms i swaped for other's map, since i will use this special maps to change the player's status to most marines and guards. This is all due to your current mission, to learn and discover what kind of research are made on this station, then you get arrested by those military officiers and you are brought back down few levels below. Then after all, problem start to happen everywhere around everyone.

Screenshot 0100 Res: 1920x1080
Last edited by X-DOOM on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”