After the Holocaust - Final Version

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kaal979

Re: After the Holocaust - Final Version

Post by Kaal979 »

Huiuiui - thx!
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

How did I miss this map before? This is simply amazing. My only nitpick is that the flames don't damage the player. (This map works surprisingly well with my Free Doom mod.)
Failure

Post by Failure »

I will try this map again with brutaldoom =P.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Superb map!!!!!! Great for a hardcore style run, except for teleporting into that room of flames with no apparent way out.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Awesome, a Doom city map that out-Dukes many Duke city maps :P

Reminds me a lot of a Duke map called Warzone, which had awesome moving turrets that went round the outside of it...I guess the early cyber kinda gives some of that danger to this map too. Some visual bugs here and there but otherwise it's great. (would be even better as a slaughter map, these kind of city layouts are great for it :P)

Is it going to /idgames at some point? (needs to IMO)
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Is it going to /idgames at some point? (needs to IMO)
Yes. I updated the first post with a idgames mirror.
Inglorious

Post by Inglorious »

Sorry to bump this but I just got through with it. AMAZING map. It's the way I imagined Doom way back when I bought Doom 2 and struggled to get it to back on Windows 95. Kudos to the author(s) involved. If ID/Bethesda are smart Doom 4 will look like this map. The only thing is that I'd like to see this kind of chaos happen in a suburban environment rather than a city. It would give you a little less to work with but it would look so much more epic to see ruined neighborhoods, movie theaters, ice cream shops, and etc.
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Inglorious wrote:Sorry to bump this but I just got through with it. AMAZING map. It's the way I imagined Doom way back when I bought Doom 2 and struggled to get it to back on Windows 95. Kudos to the author(s) involved. If ID/Bethesda are smart Doom 4 will look like this map. The only thing is that I'd like to see this kind of chaos happen in a suburban environment rather than a city. It would give you a little less to work with but it would look so much more epic to see ruined neighborhoods, movie theaters, ice cream shops, and etc.
I have did other two maps on the same style that might fit your needs.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=17131
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=17011
Inglorious

Post by Inglorious »

I was just about to edit and say that I found the Neighborhood from Hell map. Great stuff! The image of the Spidermastermind and CyberDemon walking around reminded me of the Doom Novels from back in the day!
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Then check City Assault. Is not as complete as Neighborhood from Hell or After the Holocaust since its a speedmap and takes less than 10 minutes to get finished, but follows the exact same architecture style.

Return to “Levels”