Personal Patches Hi Res Doom II in PK3

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Personal Patches Hi Res Doom II in PK3

Post by wildweasel »

Really seems like this is more of a Projects thread...
sdk2k9

Post by sdk2k9 »

an you do the same thing for Ultimate Doom, Plutonia & TNT, please :?:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

bookmarked, also i wanna see the plutonia and tnt textures in a next update too.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Nice work! My only suggestion would be to put the images in your first post into a spoiler.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Haso3Doom wrote:
Spoiler:
brutal doom 2 all hi res

Comingsoon 2013
I'm sorry but i'm confused as to what is actually in this addon? Is this new background in the pack http://www.mediafire.com/?vcdzqrvqzdr96md ? Does it apply to all maps? Is it for Doom2 maps only? etc...
eliascasta

Post by eliascasta »

I have downloaded it and tried with zandronum 1.2 and it just appears as an small picture on the corner, all remain screen are yellow. what is wrong? :?
yellowscreen.jpg
Cataflexia

Post by Cataflexia »

eliascasta wrote:I have downloaded it and tried with zandronum 1.2 and it just appears as an small picture on the corner, all remain screen are yellow. what is wrong? :?
yellowscreen.jpg
Hey dude!

The way to do it in the simply way is doing the following:
I've been trying to get jDUI loading in GZDoom (v1.1.2 r101) but it is only working partially. I am putting most of the UI graphics into the "hires" dir, except for menu screens (like TITLEPIC or INTERPIC) which won't get stretched if I don't put them into the "graphics" folder instead.
Source: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3264

So, for example, I've modified the hi res texture pack for zdoom (usable with gzdoom and zandronum too) and I added to it a folder called "graphics":

Step 1: Create / Add a folder called graphics in the .pk3

Step 2: Create / Add a sub-folder called doom2 for replacing the graphics in Doom 2

Step 3: Paste the desired file to replace the original one. In this case, titlepic.png for replace the title screen in Doom 2

And you got it ! 8-)

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”