[Release]Wolfenstein 3D Bosses rotations.

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
UnTrustable

Re: [Release]Wolfenstein 3D Bosses rotations.

Post by UnTrustable »

aberk81 wrote:
Captain J wrote:alas, untrustable is only working for bosses rotations, not a minor enemies.
i know that but i was looking for shooting rotations for mutants
Yup, thats my MAIN goal.
That doesn't say i wouldn't do any minor enemies, but as Captain J said, the Bosses is now what im aiming for first. :3:
For the 'aiming mutants' sprites, the best thing right now, - of what i have seen - is IN SplitWolf.
They have good looking aiming and shooting mutants.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

nice progress vid, anyway his third rotation seems inhumanish to me, the neck is extremely bent and torso is not fitting with his waist...looking him like a ork(with dakkas).
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Can't say.
i just following my guts and my logical thinking.
When i start a rotation, i always examine the sprites that i have.
And when i look at the death animation, i see that the dude has a belly.
Unlike Fettgesicht, he has to be fat aswell, but Fettgesicht had a belt on, and that belt was visable.
That belt of his sort of kept his belly 'under control'.
Im sure Barnacle should have a belt too, but it is hidden... and im guessing its somewhere under his belly part, which
supports the belly to hang allover.
Basicly the death animation confirms that to me.
Back in those old days all the sprites were limited to be 64x64, i dont have to tell you that :wink: so belly or not, it has to be
small so it fits within these 64x64 pixels.
Same way about his neck.
His head is not 'on top', no- his head hangs forward.
It may be caused by his (bullitproof)vest he is wearing, or it IS his natural body state....i can't really say.
His shouldres are way to high for the head to be 'on top' of his torso.
The neck may feeling-wise way to long, ..if so... i can always shorten this alittle, but for now, the sprite feels good to me.
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

I think it would be a good idea though to make a repository of sorts for all the missing rotations, so that anyone can find what they need easily and not have to hunt down each actor's sprites made by several different people, like I did. Give me some time and I'll do just that. I want to touch up SplitWolf's Guard and Officer rotations first, then animate Fake Hitler's. Mutant is almost perfect, but is one pixel taller than his front frames.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

now i understood. after the minor edit, he was very hard to make him least humanish, though. and here's the result;
Barnacle_2_rotations_fix.PNG
Barnacle_2_rotations_fix.PNG (5.8 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
hope these things worked.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Ooh, its the arm part?
I thought it was the neck and the belly part.
Sure, the arm might become smaller, but the vest stays visible even if its just 1 pixel wide.
I mean, a bullitproof vest is wider than the body itself, especially this vest, despite the fact that his arm swing backwards like it is now.
I mean, the vest is not like a t-shirt or something that follows tightly the body line.
The vest is even becoming more visible when he swings his arm forwards in the next 2 walking animation.
PSTrooper wrote:I think it would be a good idea though to make a repository of sorts for all the missing rotations, so that anyone can find what they need easily and not have to hunt down each actor's sprites made by several different people, like I did. Give me some time and I'll do just that. I want to touch up SplitWolf's Guard and Officer rotations first, then animate Fake Hitler's. Mutant is almost perfect, but is one pixel taller than his front frames.
Exactly :) making a compleet rotation is a very long and hard work. Let me do that.
If something seems not to be good enough, change a few pixels as desired.
Changing a few pixels is less hard than the entire rotation.

The arm fix is good, but the vest left-away is not so good in my opinion (despite the arm swing).
But ohwell, leave it as it is now, we will see later, or at least , I will see later whether it was a good or bad choice.

And one last other thing:
Speaking of inhumanish, can someone tell me, how people WALK?
When i step forward with my left foot, my left arm and left side of my torso moves along with the rest.
All Wolfenstein and Spear's sprites Bosses are doing the opposite.
Im not sure if anyone even noticed that fact?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

whoa-whoa, don't get serious. i was just told about my unofficial opinion. specially his neck, his bent beck almost looked like a hunchbag(or again, ork. but you can ignore that.) after my first look, though. also your rotated walking sprites are good to go, unless legs from behind should be more darker also bit shorter than front lag, though. then it would be work, at least.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Captain J wrote:whoa-whoa, don't get serious.
I'm not angry. So relax. :wink:
ArmanAhmadi

Post by ArmanAhmadi »

Will you make Spear of Destiny: Mission Packs' bosses after you finish the rest of the regular Spear Of Destiny?
(Don't worry, I'm patient too. :roll:)
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Hehehehe :D We all suddenly have patients...?

I cant really say, but if my financials goes well, then the answer is a big YES.

I've collected a few bosses, of which i believed they were custom made Bosses, but as you just said, SOME of them were part of 'mission packs', such as Professor Quarkblitz, Sub marine Willy, Major Hans (The Axe) von Schlieffen, some Robot Droid, and the Devil Incarnate.

The rest i've collected are part of some homemade mods from the Wolf community, and NO..., i've not asked permission from them (if i know who is the author) to get my hands on their custom made Bosses and to make rotations out of them... :shock:
I'm not really convinced that i have to ask for permissions really :P :mrgreen: :3:

Anyways, the real reason i was going to post here was, that i had made a start to shovel up my resources into 1 wad file.
While doing so, i discovered the dog attack rotations, - i believe they came from the SplitWolf project at the Wolfenstein community, - and
i didn't like them really.
For the time being they were good enough, but i've tried to change one dog, and it turned out better, and it only took me about 15 minutes to make one...

Soo, the message of today is:

Image Image
aberk81

Post by aberk81 »

Are you going to do rotations for Coming of the Storm later on? The rotations are for One-Eye Wilhelm, Colonel Von Schlausig, Trans Grosse (Orange), Ghost (When you shoot them they will come back to life except using kill monsters command). Archpriest, The Shadow Priest, (The brown ones and they will have two versions, Fireball and Hitscan) Totenmutant, Shadow Demon Ghosts, (Same as Pac Man Ghost Rotations but they make ghostly sound like they did on level 19) and Shadow Demon (They will have 2 versions of him one is he is Invisible. and one that he is not invisble)
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

There's also these right here you might can use for reference, although he's quite the shaggy dog, compared to the original. And personally, I would base the pain sprites on the first death frame of the original dog, instead of this one.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... og#p692644

Also I finished updating the officer firing frames. May or may not can use more updating, but basically how it's supposed to look is done.
Last edited by PSTrooper on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

These Dog rotations are excelent.
The problem however, im almost done with my version :?

But the pain state i can really use as a template to create the shepard dog out of it.
I hope i can get permission from Többé to use them? Would be great anyways :D
Credits are Always been given as long as i know WHO made certain sprites.

The "Coming of the Storm" Bosses, im not sure i have downloaded them.
But if im doing them, it will be the year 2015 by then.
Just post a link to it and i'll download them.
See what i can do with it.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Update: Shepard Dog:

Includes the doghead tilt, except the last 3 rotations.
They are mirrored from the first 3....
I'll do this mirrored sprites later on.... maybe....

Spoiler: What once WAS, and what is now...
Last edited by UnTrustable on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”