Get the Current Version here! (github link contains instructions)
Or get the older version from /idgames
(tested with a not-quite-up-to-date GZDoom dev build - if it crashes with a message that there's an unknown pointer somewhere, try a newer dev build)
It's more than just a reskin of Nazis. Really, apart from the bullet tracers, this is effectively designed from scratch, using borrowed TekWar enemy sprites to give the mod a sort of Lethal Enforcers/Operation Wolf 3 feel. Terrorists! is intended as a tribute to 1980's and 1990's action movies like Commando, Die Hard, Under Siege, Total Recall, and The Terminator. The focus here is on giving you all the tools you need to become your own Man of Action.
The feature set:
- This is a Hollywood-realism mod - weapons recoil and need to reload, but that's all! No complicated magazine systems, no bandaging, no weapon slot limits.
- Included weapons are cliché, but each one is made using resources that have not been seen yet in a Doom mod. (Although there is an Uzi, it is not Shadow Warrior's, for example.)
- "Hostage System" replaces large powerups with civilian hostages that must be "rescued" with the Use key to obtain special items.
- Off-hand melee button with two modes: Kick and Taser.
- Aims to be cheesy...but *good* cheesy!
And here's a spoiler fulla screenshots!
The Berducci P92 Sabre is a special edition custom handgun with great accuracy and unparalleled rate of fire. This will probably be the mainstay of your arsenal. (Thanks Mike12)
The Kuznetzov 47M is a powerful, reliable assault rifle with manageable recoil. (Thanks Necronixxus)
The Sherazi Mark IX SMG is fast and relatively light on recoil, but good luck hitting anything at a distance. (Thanks Necronixxus)
The Aartsen Slugger shotgun shoots powerful 12 gauge shells at up to 200 rounds a minute in semi-automatic fire, but it does not eject shells automatically, so reloading may take a while.
The Cooke GLP-140 is a revolutionary new method of delivering explosive ordinance up to distances of nearly 200 meters. Its 15 meter blast radius makes it great for dealing with crowds, but ammunition is rare.
And some comments from the peanut gallery.
And a spoiler fulla strategy guide stuff!
- Every weapon can be melee'd with using the alternate fire button.
- Some weapons have alternate modes that can be accessed by pressing Weapon Zoom. Currently this includes the AMR-82 and the Black Boar.
- Bind a Throw Grenade key and a Toggle Melee Mode key from the controls menu. The latter of these must be used if you want to try the taser.
- Press the Weapons/Ammo/Stats popup key (bindable in Controls) to see your collection of weapons and ammo on one screen.
- The AMR-82's damage does not change when zoomed or unzoomed. However, accuracy is (very slightly) reduced when unzoomed. Zooming also centers the point of origin for the bullet, so it is recommended when shooting through gaps to zoom in first.
- The Black Boar is much more controllable when steadied. Press Weapon Zoom to steady the weapon, at the expense of movement speed.
- Armor is extremely useful when up against foes like Dualie Dooley.
- Press USE to rescue hostages. They will drop useful items.
- Some enemies wear body armor and will resist pistols, SMGs, or shotguns. If enemies are making metal clanging noises and you're absolutely sure that they aren't robots, try a higher caliber weapon. (Tip: the Magnum and AR pierce armor!)
And yet another spoiler fulla upgrade info!
- Berducci P92 -- Level 1: Fire rate increased. Level 2: Accuracy/muzzle velocity increased. Level 3: Gun fires three-round bursts.
- Mariani Sulaco -- Level 1: Recoil reduced and fire rate increased. Level 2: Carbine kit reduces recoil/refire delay and boosts accuracy. Level 3: Zoom function enabled.
- Aartsen Slugger -- Level 1: Pellet spread tightened 50%. Level 2: Empty shells eject automatically. Level 3: Magazine detaches, skipping 90% of the reload sequence.
- Sherazi Mk.IX -- Level 1: Foregrip reduces recoil. Level 2: Fire rate increases by 0.5 tics. Level 3: Silencer makes firing undetectable and bullets more accurate.
- Kuznetzov 47M -- Level 1: Recoil reduced. Level 2: Bullets fly faster and more accurately. Level 3: Underslung grenade launcher, fire with Zoom button, press Zoom again to reload.
- Berlinghoff AMR82 -- Level 1: Recoil reduced. Level 2: Bullets fly faster and do more damage. Level 3: Bullets explode when hitting walls.
- Cooke GLP-140 -- Level 1: Grenades fly faster and are no longer affected by gravity. Level 2: Grenades do more direct damage when striking targets. Level 3: Grenades' blast leaves small fires that deal continuous damage.
- Black Boar LMG -- Level 1: Movement speed no longer penalized when firing. Level 2: Recoil reduced while firing from the hip. Level 3: Bullets fly faster and do more damage.
- Kick Attack -- Level 1: Combo attack added. Level 2: Combo attack ends with repulsion shockwave. Level 3: Kicks explode on contact.
- Grenades -- Level 1: Frag grenades; stronger blast radius and "nail" effect. Level 2: Electric grenades which deal large radius damage and will stun enemies that are not killed by the blast. Level 3: Incendiary grenades with full splash damage and fire effect.
- Taser -- Level 1: Sets enemies on fire, does more damage. Level 2: Does yet more damage. Level 3: Chain-lightning effect (thanks Xaser!).
I decided I'd start this thread up for a couple of reasons. One, so I could show you guys that don't pay attention to IRC or the WIP thread that yes, I am working on something, and two, to start a social experiment about whether my thread would get more attention if it had the word "Brutal" in the title. =P
(To clarify, this mod actually does not have anything to do with Brutal Doom, so please don't try to load this over Brutal Doom; I will not be held responsible for the effects of this.)