Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Clusterone666

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.9.11 Beta - Gotta Go Fast Edit

Post by Clusterone666 »

So out of curiosity, what are the planned upcoming updates and everything for the final DOOM RPG 1.0 release?
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

Ribo Zurai wrote:Tonight I learnt that you should NEVER underestimate a Kill Reinforcements mission in the first level of a wad. You will get crushed.

But I got the Hurricane Cannon, so it was worth the +80 deaths.
Indeed, the harder missions are usually worth it, also, if necessary you can always teleport to the outpost.
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

Something weird happens sometimes. I got an aug carnister, and entered the menu from where you can pick stats/augs etc.

The cursor would jump 2 positions at once at all times. also the timer in the game would go twice as fast.

it stops when you go to next map. i'll try reproducing this.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

The actual playsim timer (i.e the map time) or just the timers that DRPG reports?
mallo

Post by mallo »

Okay, I eventually tried it out. And wow, this is great! I've decided to play a slaughter megawad with this, and give every point I get into speed - at 5th level I'm so fast I'm noclipping through enemies. :D 4.9/5
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Edit: Could you add support for ZDoom's stealth monsters? I don't really like fighting them, personally, but there are maps out there that make use of them, still.

---------------------

In the final map of Phobos: Anomaly Reborn, there is a portal at the start of the map that should take you to the "boss" area. However, with Doom RPG, taking the portal just ends the level.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Blue Shadow wrote:Edit: Could you add support for ZDoom's stealth monsters? I don't really like fighting them, personally, but there are maps out there that make use of them, still.
Yeah, maybe even make support for the zdoom marines too. I know those are used even less but it might make dungeon crawling with oblidge have a bit more variety. I rather enjoy having stealth demons and some of those marines about. Heck, I'd allow any of my weapon-marine sprites to be used for the mod. Which I think some already are.
DudeDesigns

Post by DudeDesigns »

It seems strange but I cannot save mod packs anymore in my locker. Using the most recent builds of everything, GZDoom, Doom RPG, and RLA but I just cant anymore.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Have to say this mod is really good and probably my favorite of all time, but I have had a few bugs. If it helps to point out, I use the launcher and check for updates every time I start it.

1) Summons work with RLA, not sure with vanilla (with or without extras add-on) but when I use the heal summons skill, it automatically kills the summons I had alive. I've tested this on Baron, Marine, and Zombieman

2) Sometimes when I go to the outpost and try to return to a map (usually used on the first map and bug applies to first map of the IWAD) in the teleporter, the text does not read "MAP01:Entryway" or "E1M1:Hangar" but rather reads something like "DRPGOutpostEntry" or something similar. Upon entering just to test it, the game crashes. This happened while using RLA.

3) This isn't a bug or problem, but a feature request if possible. In RLA, my brother found the Bee Shield available in the Outpost missions, which we've been wanting to try, but the mission was to assassinate a Doom 2 monster, and according to him, arena kills don't count. Any way to add on to the Doom 1 Compatibility to remove those monster requirements from missions or is it even possible?

And yes, I apparently will use this format post a lot, but I like to organize my bug reports :D
Iceman2343

Post by Iceman2343 »

I was having some issues with getting this mod to run. Basically, a "very fatal" error occurs with GzDoom anytime I try to run the mod (even with the DoomRL arsenal and monster pack turned off). I was wondering if I was doing something wrong? I have attached the log files in question as I am not seeing an issue with my setup of GZdoom. I was running this with dev build gzdoom-G1.9pre-790-gc30cfb3 which came out on 8/12. I was also using launcher version .9.1 and regular Doom 2 runs with this version of GZDoom with no problems.

EDIT: I actually got this resolved with the fine folks in chat last night. I wasn't able to delete this post until it was approved today. The issue had to do with shaders and my AMD video card, so I was directed to use -sm3 command which fixed it.
Attachments
report.txt
And the actual report.txt from the crash
(23.45 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
local.txt
Local file from the crash report
(683 Bytes) Downloaded 25 times
Doom RPG.txt
Log file from when GzDoom initially loads the files
(8.94 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

At one point I loaded my saved character for a new game, and for some reason, the game decided to set my level to 127 and my rank to 24, and it'd seem that I've reached max XP, as well. At the end of my previous game, I was at level 69 and at rank 22.

Also at one point, some of the available missions started to list negative values as rank rewards.

-------------------------

(Posted on: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:08 pm)

Repair Armor skill doesn't seem to work.
SimonTheDigger

Post by SimonTheDigger »

I used to have an old version of the launcher (v0.63 or something along those lines), and after seeing a screenshot of an updated version of the launcher on another forum I decided to redownload it to get the new version, but now it refuses to work. All I get when I try to launch it is "Doom RPG Launcher has stopped working" errors. I tried running it as administrator but that didn't seem to do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

The powerup timer for the Invisibility skill is always displayed as zero on the HUD while the powerup is active.
MrBoroda

Post by MrBoroda »

Updated to the newest version and now all skills cost 0 EP points. Bug or have I missed something?
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I noticed that there's a slider in the DoomRPG options that let you alter the EP cost of skills.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”