Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Yholl

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.9.14 Beta]

Post by Yholl »

Clusterone666 wrote:I'm curious, what's this big update they are gearing up for? o.o
Me actually getting around to finishing 1.0 of DRLA. It's been a long time coming, and it's kinda holding everything up and being a bother. When 1.0 comes out, the drlaupdate branch becomes master, and DRPG can start to convert to using GDCC instead of DS as a scripto-thingo.

Would've had it done already if it weren't for these damn motivational blackouts. Ugh.
Clusterone666

Post by Clusterone666 »

Yholl wrote:
Clusterone666 wrote:I'm curious, what's this big update they are gearing up for? o.o
Me actually getting around to finishing 1.0 of DRLA. It's been a long time coming, and it's kinda holding everything up and being a bother. When 1.0 comes out, the drlaupdate branch becomes master, and DRPG can start to convert to using GDCC instead of DS as a scripto-thingo.

Would've had it done already if it weren't for these damn motivational blackouts. Ugh.
Trusty motivational blackouts, they seem to strike at the worst of times, but alright that makes sense, all in all though, take your time, you are doing this for free. And from everything you guys have put out for this mod, it's been entirely overly impressive (in a good way) and DoomRPG+DoomRL are by far my favorite Doom mods of all time. So all is appreciated!

On a side note, i'm suprised these two mods haven't received more recognition, everyone i've shown them too has fallen in love with them.
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

Is it possible to include a silly easter egg into this mod?

Say for like, you get to experience the Deus Ex Malkavian Mod conversations in DOOM style if you find a secret teleport in the UAC HQ map?

It's just a silly suggestion I'm making. Just want a little humor into the mod. :P
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

GuardStrike wrote:Is it possible to include a silly easter egg into this mod?
Spoiler:
Not telling where to find them, but they're there.
Although the first one needs DRLA and I'm not sure the second is still here.
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

Tapwave wrote:
GuardStrike wrote:Is it possible to include a silly easter egg into this mod?
Spoiler:
Not telling where to find them, but they're there.
Although the first one needs DRLA and I'm not sure the second is still here.
I don't count both of those as Easter eggs though.

Mostly because they're too easy to find.

All you have to do is just walk into the room where you get health and EP refills, walk up stairs, take a right and walk downstairs.

To me, Easter eggs need to be much more hidden and hard to get to than that.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

GuardStrike wrote:To me, Easter eggs need to be much more hidden and hard to get to than that.
Maybe the new outpost will have some, apart from that, you aren't really going to get any.
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

Yolo people

I was enjoying with this wad. It's cool, daaauumn. But I've got some questions about gane. It's actually bugs, but I think better report about them

Multiplayer:
1. I'm dying. And I'm dying when someone save. Gosh, I'm tired die all the time .-.
2. If me and my comrade chose same mission (like assasination), mission of operator/hoster becoming same for all of players. I don't want to give same item to my comrade Dx.

SinglePlayer:
1. One time i found this funny bug. When i used box of chaos (well, you know, invasion event, active fights versus hell), some monsters respawned. But then stopped. What the hell? :D
2. Can't buy any stuff in the shop. Was on base uac. It says, Cant transportate needfull stuff to you (or smth like that). I know, the way to fix it is restar map. But, damn, what the hell?
3. Cannot drop the armor to base. DOOMRLA. Can do it only when my shield is off. :(

I'm playing on ZDoom, latest version. My friend too. And We are using DOOMRLA and DOOMRLA Monster Pack.

Done.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

*sighs* Just got hit by an Armageddon event and I am woefully unequipped to face it. Is there anyway to undo level events that you know you are not ready for?
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Par9000 wrote: 1. I'm dying. And I'm dying when someone save. Gosh, I'm tired die all the time .-.
This report makes very little sense. Can you clarify it in detail?
Blox

Post by Blox »

See you later, alligator.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Blox wrote:See you later, alligator.
....What?
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Likely referring to Kyle's announcement that he's quitting Doom RPG.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Patriot1776 wrote:*sighs* Just got hit by an Armageddon event and I am woefully unequipped to face it. Is there anyway to undo level events that you know you are not ready for?
Guys, I REALLY need an answer, as the level event has made it impossible to continue my current playthrough of AV.WAD. I mean...I think the level of missions you can accept should be taken into account when determining level events when they do happen. I am not a masochist player and I tend to completely fly off the handle when a game decides to throw impossible odds at me for just a completely random reason. That's what having this Armageddon event when my character simply is not ready, is doing. I tried going back to a previous level and playing through it again in the hope the Armageddon event going away, and it didn't.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Likely referring to Kyle's announcement that he's quitting Doom RPG.
:shock: ; where and when did he announce that?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Patriot1776 wrote:Guys, I REALLY need an answer, as the level event has made it impossible to continue my current playthrough of AV.WAD. I mean...I think the level of missions you can accept should be taken into account when determining level events when they do happen. I am not a masochist player and I tend to completely fly off the handle when a game decides to throw impossible odds at me for just a completely random reason. That's what having this Armageddon event when my character simply is not ready, is doing. I tried going back to a previous level and playing through it again in the hope the Armageddon event going away, and it didn't.
Fight through the arena and level up.
Take missions and go back to old levels to get better gear and level up.
Proceed through event level with careful saving and loading.
Inject yourself with a murder stim of murder.

You've got a lot of options available to you, Armageddon is far from impossible.

If you get an all Nightmare Cyberdemons event, theeen we'll talk bullshit, heh.
Blue Shadow wrote:where and when did he announce that?
IRC.
Basically, Kyle's fed up with a lot of things right now, and he's moving on to work on other projects, etc.
DoomRPG isn't abandoned though, as Kate is still around and working on stuff, and I'm still working on my DoomRPG compatibility in my upcoming DRLA 1.0. When that's out and DoomRPG gets converted to GDCC, there'll probably be another big shield part update.

I'll of course keep this thread maintained and answer as much stuff as I can, as usual. DoomRPG will be slow for a fair while, but isn't dead, don't worry.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”