Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
EksFaktr

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.9.12 Beta]

Post by EksFaktr »

So, found a couple new (old?) bugs this morning while goofing around.

1) While attempting to assemble a Demolition Ammo Battle Rifle, I got the combo wrong and dumped it. Purchased a brand new battle rifle from the shop, and it had the EXACT SAME MODS ON IT. Thinking maybe that was a glitch, I sold that one, picked the one up off the ground and sold it too (just to be safe), then went and found a brand new pickup off a dead zombieman (the best kind). NOPE! SAME MODS. [/list][/list]

a) side note, is this you and yholl trying to correct the issue with dropping customized weapons and losing the mods? if so, that'd be amazing, but if not no worries.

2) I found a suit of Gothic Armor (of the unbreakable variety, natch) which I proceeded to wear. However, around the next corner (figuratively speaking), I found something even better. Rather than scrap it, I chose to use the Breakdown Armor skill. This had the effect of giving me credits and burning EP but nothing more. In fact, when I went to equip another set of armor and examine it in the Info screen, it appeared I was wearing that armor OVER THE TOP of the Gothic Armor. I also got a screenshot of this effect. Unfortunately, I have no way to determine if the game thinks I'm wearing both sets of armor or not without examining the code (and I'm terrified of your code. Literally. I'm pretty sure it tried to strangle me to death last time.)
Spoiler:
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

EksFaktr wrote:So, found a couple new (old?) bugs this morning while goofing around.

1) While attempting to assemble a Demolition Ammo Battle Rifle, I got the combo wrong and dumped it. Purchased a brand new battle rifle from the shop, and it had the EXACT SAME MODS ON IT. Thinking maybe that was a glitch, I sold that one, picked the one up off the ground and sold it too (just to be safe), then went and found a brand new pickup off a dead zombieman (the best kind). NOPE! SAME MODS. [/list][/list]

a) side note, is this you and yholl trying to correct the issue with dropping customized weapons and losing the mods? if so, that'd be amazing, but if not no worries.

2) I found a suit of Gothic Armor (of the unbreakable variety, natch) which I proceeded to wear. However, around the next corner (figuratively speaking), I found something even better. Rather than scrap it, I chose to use the Breakdown Armor skill. This had the effect of giving me credits and burning EP but nothing more. In fact, when I went to equip another set of armor and examine it in the Info screen, it appeared I was wearing that armor OVER THE TOP of the Gothic Armor. I also got a screenshot of this effect. Unfortunately, I have no way to determine if the game thinks I'm wearing both sets of armor or not without examining the code (and I'm terrified of your code. Literally. I'm pretty sure it tried to strangle me to death last time.)
Spoiler:
Not too sure about the first thing. After Yholl explained to me what exactly you were talking about, it makes more sense now. Basically, this is normal behavior because of how DRLA modpacks work, nothing can really be done about it.

The Breakdown Armor skill was bugged though but I have now fixed it.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

Kyle873 wrote: Not too sure about the first thing. After Yholl explained to me what exactly you were talking about, it makes more sense now. Basically, this is normal behavior because of how DRLA modpacks work, nothing can really be done about it.
Nooooooo...

Is there a way to work around it, or am I just stuck with a shitty combat rifle with too many mods on it? =/
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Dropping it should rid the weapon of all mods. Drop your modded weapons first, then pick them back up and sell them.

If you did that and the mods persisted when you picked the weapon back up, that is a bug because DRLA modpacks are supposed to clear when you drop the weapon. Logically, selling it should clear the mods too, but I guess that doesn't always happen.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Triple S wrote:Dropping it should rid the weapon of all mods. Drop your modded weapons first, then pick them back up and sell them.

If you did that and the mods persisted when you picked the weapon back up, that is a bug because DRLA modpacks are supposed to clear when you drop the weapon. Logically, selling it should clear the mods too, but I guess that doesn't always happen.
Selling or storing a gun will not remove the mods on it. Dropping a gun will remove the mods.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Yholl wrote:
Triple S wrote:Dropping it should rid the weapon of all mods. Drop your modded weapons first, then pick them back up and sell them.

Selling or storing a gun will not remove the mods on it. Dropping a gun will remove the mods.
Is it possible to make selling a gun remove mods without affecting the storage of a gun? Actually, now that I think about it, if you had a modded pistol in storage then picked up and sold a pistol, if it removed mods when selling it would have to remove mods from the stored one too, wouldn't it? And then of course if you picked up then dropped a pistol in the wild it'd clear the mods on the stored one, too.

Christ. Have I ever mentioned how impressive it is that DoomRLA works purely off of DECORATE? Because it's things like this that really make me think about that. It's fucking crazy and awesome.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Triple S wrote:
Yholl wrote:

Is it possible to make selling a gun remove mods without affecting the storage of a gun? Actually, now that I think about it, if you had a modded pistol in storage then picked up and sold a pistol, if it removed mods when selling it would have to remove mods from the stored one too, wouldn't it? And then of course if you picked up then dropped a pistol in the wild it'd clear the mods on the stored one, too.

Christ. Have I ever mentioned how impressive it is that DoomRLA works purely off of DECORATE? Because it's things like this that really make me think about that. It's fucking crazy and awesome.
Not anymore. Weapons stored in the locker remember their modpacks, so if you picked up a weapon in the world and/or dropped an equivalent weapon to that in storage, it would wipe the modpacks on it, but NOT on the one stored in the locker. It took some real brainthinking to make that setup work properly. :P
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Assuming the modpack system works off of inventory tokens, does it store those in the locker as well if you have them? Or is it not that simple in concept? I know regardless it isn't going to be anywhere near simple in execution, haha.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Triple S wrote:Wow, that's pretty awesome. Assuming the modpack system works off of inventory tokens, does it store those in the locker as well if you have them? Or is it not that simple in concept? I know regardless it isn't going to be anywhere near simple in execution, haha.
I store the modpack info in a struct alongside the counts for items.
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

I think someone mentioned this bug before with no answer but I can't seem to find it anywhere on here. Oh well, using the latest version of GZDoom, I noticed that when using RLA with DoomRPG accessing the shop menu in any level crashes on page 5. But DoomRPG's shop menu runs fine without DoomRLA. Sorry if what I typed out isn't more descriptive.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

BoneofMalkav wrote:I think someone mentioned this bug before with no answer but I can't seem to find it anywhere on here. Oh well, using the latest version of GZDoom, I noticed that when using RLA with DoomRPG accessing the shop menu in any level crashes on page 5. But DoomRPG's shop menu runs fine without DoomRLA. Sorry if what I typed out isn't more descriptive.
What specific version of GZDoom? Remember, since the program receives updates literally every other day, "the latest" may not be the latest anymore.
BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

wildweasel wrote:
BoneofMalkav wrote:I think someone mentioned this bug before with no answer but I can't seem to find it anywhere on here. Oh well, using the latest version of GZDoom, I noticed that when using RLA with DoomRPG accessing the shop menu in any level crashes on page 5. But DoomRPG's shop menu runs fine without DoomRLA. Sorry if what I typed out isn't more descriptive.
What specific version of GZDoom? Remember, since the program receives updates literally every other day, "the latest" may not be the latest anymore.
The January 9th, 2015 devbuild, but it has been happening from prior versions (since the November 2014 dev builds iirc.)
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

BoneofMalkav wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
The January 9th, 2015 devbuild, but it has been happening from prior versions (since the November 2014 dev builds iirc.)
I can't seem to reproduce this at all so I'm not too sure what could be causing it on your end.
BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Finally figured it out, just had to delete the drpg commands from the ini file and start those options from scratch.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Just dropping by to say that with the combined effort of SidDoyle and me putting our heads together, we have created a new stat leveling system which is based on natural progression through the game. Think of it kind of like TES skill leveling where performing certain actions levels the respective skill. Should be really fun once we iron out all the numbers and balance all the things.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”