Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Void Weaver

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.9.12 Beta]

Post by Void Weaver »

Yholl, The Ultimate Icon Of Sin mod is compatible with DRPG, DRPG_RLA or DRPG_RLA_Monsters?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Void Weaver wrote:Yholl, The Ultimate Icon Of Sin mod is compatible with DRPG, DRPG_RLA or DRPG_RLA_Monsters?
Anything with custom monsters is somewhat incompatible with DRPG. It will run, but the new monsters will not have health bars, levels or any other DRPG things.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Yholl wrote:
Maros wrote:How armor works? They are all same and difference is only how much armor can withstand(100 armor, 200 armor etc) and resistance? Also what resistance mean? Armor takes less damage or your guy?
Protection is how much damage the armor will absorb. Resistance is applied after, and reduces damage that you will take.
Let us assume that i have "OD-1A Assaultfoce Armor" with 65% protection and 35% melee\bullet resistance. Then assume that it gets a melee hit on 1000 damage forex, so it means 1000-65%=350 and then 350-35%(melee res)=227,5 final damage i will takes, right? But if same armor has been struck by plasma or fire with same initial damage (1000) i'll takes 350 final damage damage?

Upd.
It seems that a practice dummy in Outpost has a limited hp amount which are recovers after turning back in Outpost; it's so intended?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Void Weaver wrote:Let us assume that i have "OD-1A Assaultfoce Armor" with 65% protection and 35% melee\bullet resistance. Then assume that it gets a melee hit on 1000 damage forex, so it means 1000-65%=350 and then 350-35%(melee res)=227,5 final damage i will takes, right? But if same armor has been struck by plasma or fire with same initial damage (1000) i'll takes 350 final damage damage?
Basically.
Void Weaver wrote:It seems that a practice dummy in Outpost has a limited hp amount which are recovers after turning back in Outpost; it's so intended?
The target is actually a portal to Satan's butthole, and is the most unholy object in existance. It does whatever the hell it wants, and we stay the hell out of its way.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Hmm. Probably i must to pay more attention for demonic anatomy, but i wanted to see a more durable dummy for weapon testing in future, if that's possible of course.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

I can't remember who it was, but whichever lunatic was complaining about being unable to store powerups properly, YOU WERE USING THE DRLA UPDATE BRANCH YOU CRANKHANDLE
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Yholl wrote:I can't remember who it was, but whichever lunatic was complaining about being unable to store powerups properly, YOU WERE USING THE DRLA UPDATE BRANCH YOU CRANKHANDLE
As much as I'm glad that was caught for the branch, I still think the point needs to be reiterated that you SHOULD NOT use the DRLAUpdate branch, it's specifically made for beta 8 which only a select few people have and using it with beta 7.4 will cause all kinds of problems.
Echofinder

Post by Echofinder »

Oops, that was me. (Well me and one other guy).

Is there a non-update branch? The only link I see on the RLArsenal thread OP was for beta 7.94, and that's the one I'm using. The DRPG files came from the master.zip that's listed on this thread's OP.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Echofinder wrote:Oops, that was me. (Well me and one other guy).

Is there a non-update branch? The only link I see on the RLArsenal thread OP was for beta 7.94, and that's the one I'm using. The DRPG files came from the master.zip that's listed on this thread's OP.
You just want Master, hehe.
Echofinder

Post by Echofinder »

I'm confused, do I only use the files in master.zip and not add the ones from RLA? That caused an error when I tried. And RLA+MonPack links lead to dropboxes so I can't exactly go to the github directly (if you're using one).

Or is that some kind of quip?

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out what immunity crystals do. Trying to use it just drops it in front of me which I then pickup. So either using the update branch has messed up what it does or I'm missing something.

edit: Does the hell unleashed event scale off something? Because I'm gunning down enemies as fast as I can, and as I look at the map's monster count there's 3 new monsters appearing every second.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Echofinder wrote:I'm confused, do I only use the files in master.zip and not add the ones from RLA? That caused an error when I tried. And RLA+MonPack links lead to dropboxes so I can't exactly go to the github directly (if you're using one).

Or is that some kind of quip?
If you are using master, then you don't need to worry. The master branch is what you want to use all the time, the DRLA Update branch is only for use with developing DRLA Beta 8.
Echofinder wrote:Also, I can't for the life of me figure out what immunity crystals do. Trying to use it just drops it in front of me which I then pickup. So either using the update branch has messed up what it does or I'm missing something.
While it's on the ground, it provides immunity to a damage type in an area around it. Hard to tell what kind right now, because the shaders are currently disabled.
Echofinder wrote:Does the hell unleashed event scale off something? Because I'm gunning down enemies as fast as I can, and as I look at the map's monster count there's 3 new monsters appearing every second.
The longer you are in the map, the higher level the enemies will spawn at, and the higher your luck stat will be modified. Monsters will never stop spawning, so don't dawdle too long or you'll be dealing with an infinite swarm of death dealing dread demons.
Echofinder

Post by Echofinder »

I'm already using master.zip files though, so I have no idea what's causing the problem. I just installed it again to double-check and the issue is still there.

The thing is, I'm barely a minute into the stage when a nightmare cyberdemon and an agony elemental spawns along with a horde of other nasties. The map I'm playing is MAP27 "Monster Condo", which is pretty big; so it does take some time to get from A to B and it has a fair amount of backtracking.

I guess I can always turn down the difficulty though.
gunofdis

Post by gunofdis »

Apparently this is a HUD for ants.

WallyTheBoogieBug

Post by WallyTheBoogieBug »

This has very likely been brought up in the past and I don't feel like rooting through a 100-page thread to find out, but, in some levelset wads some of the textures used in the Outpost are replaced with new ones. In some wads, like Scythe 2, this makes some of the rooms of the Outpost look ugly.

Is it possible you could replace the textures of the Outpost with identical but differently named duplicates so that no texture is overwritten like this?
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

WallyTheBoogieBug wrote:This has very likely been brought up in the past and I don't feel like rooting through a 100-page thread to find out, but, in some levelset wads some of the textures used in the Outpost are replaced with new ones. In some wads, like Scythe 2, this makes some of the rooms of the Outpost look ugly.

Is it possible you could replace the textures of the Outpost with identical but differently named duplicates so that no texture is overwritten like this?
This won't be a problem in the new Outpost map, which will be using it's own textures.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”