Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Patriot1776

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.9.13 Beta]

Post by Patriot1776 »

Shoutout out of thanks here to Yholl for a certain weapon and mod combo I've now fallen in love with, after giving it a chance: Elephant Gun + Sniper Modpack = quick-and-dirty sniper rifle that allows you to inexpensively plug dead distant bushwhackers intent on grinding down your health, armor and shields, at least until you find one of the Legendary shotguns to give a Sniper Modpack to. THANK YOU YHOLL for such thoroughness with RLA! :D
galactus

Post by galactus »

Kyle873 wrote: The problem with that screenshot is it DOESN'T show which branch he's using, which is on the main tab. That's what the problem is, he's using drlaupdate instead of master.
Could you explain to me how to use the master? Do I need to configure a .bat file?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Patriot1776 wrote:Shoutout out of thanks here to Yholl for a certain weapon and mod combo I've now fallen in love with, after giving it a chance: Elephant Gun + Sniper Modpack = quick-and-dirty sniper rifle that allows you to inexpensively plug dead distant bushwhackers intent on grinding down your health, armor and shields, at least until you find one of the Legendary shotguns to give a Sniper Modpack to. THANK YOU YHOLL for such thoroughness with RLA! :D
Only going to get more thorough from here, haha. Thanks.
galactus wrote:
Kyle873 wrote: The problem with that screenshot is it DOESN'T show which branch he's using, which is on the main tab. That's what the problem is, he's using drlaupdate instead of master.
Could you explain to me how to use the master? Do I need to configure a .bat file?
On the main page of the launcher, on the right side, there's a small drop down tab that usually says master. It has both master and drlaupdate as choices in it, and if you update with drlaupdate selected, you aren't going to be able to play.

Simply make sure that it says master when you click update, and you'll have the correct version.
horsemans

Post by horsemans »

Is the load order described in the GitHub wiki still accurate? I have
  • a build of GZDoom from HEAD on the `osx` branch,
  • a checkout of DoomRPG from HEAD,
  • the latest DoomRL Arsenal, and
  • the latest DoomRL Monsters (as far as I can tell)
The script I use to run everything is:
Spoiler:
Everything seems to load okay:
Spoiler:
There's a ton of warnings in the form
Spoiler:
but I think in another thread someone mentioned these weren't critical. Then there's a whole bunch of "Unknown class name 'RLBerserkerBloodlustBonusCheck'" for various scripts inside the DoomRL Monsters beta.

On launch, the title map appears to be the easter egg room from the original UAC base, with the Deus Ex music playing. When starting a wad, ammunition never goes down when firing. So something's messed up but I can't tell what it is.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

horsemans wrote:Is the load order described in the GitHub wiki still accurate? I have
  • a build of GZDoom from HEAD on the `osx` branch,
  • a checkout of DoomRPG from HEAD,
  • the latest DoomRL Arsenal, and
  • the latest DoomRL Monsters (as far as I can tell)
The script I use to run everything is:
Spoiler:
Everything seems to load okay:
Spoiler:
There's a ton of warnings in the form
Spoiler:
but I think in another thread someone mentioned these weren't critical. Then there's a whole bunch of "Unknown class name 'RLBerserkerBloodlustBonusCheck'" for various scripts inside the DoomRL Monsters beta.

On launch, the title map appears to be the easter egg room from the original UAC base, with the Deus Ex music playing. When starting a wad, ammunition never goes down when firing. So something's messed up but I can't tell what it is.
Unfortunately I can't really help you. I don't have an OS X machine and I know the OS X builds of ZDoom are spotty at best, so this literally could be anything causing the issue.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

horsemans wrote: There's a ton of warnings in the form
Spoiler:

I usually get the errors at the beginning too, that's pretty normal. I've not seen the ammunition glitch though, that's a new one on me... as for the load order, the only thing I would suggest would be to try taking out the Brightmaps, and maybe try switching the order of the DoomRLA wads and the DoomRPG folders and see if that works?

Really just a guess at this point though. :?
galactus

Post by galactus »

Yholl wrote: On the main page of the launcher, on the right side, there's a small drop down tab that usually says master. It has both master and drlaupdate as choices in it, and if you update with drlaupdate selected, you aren't going to be able to play.

Simply make sure that it says master when you click update, and you'll have the correct version.
Alright updating the launcher fixed the problem, thanks!
horsemans

Post by horsemans »

Kyle873 wrote: Unfortunately I can't really help you. I don't have an OS X machine and I know the OS X builds of ZDoom are spotty at best, so this literally could be anything causing the issue.
I'm an idiot. The ammo count on the default HUD only decreases upon reload. After playing for a bit longer, it seems like everything is working as intended.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

Just a small progress report to say that I'm about 75% finished with the Turrets. I've finished up most of the upgrades, the maintenance mechanics are now done, and most of the back-end stuff is now complete. The only things missing are the sensor and command upgrades, revised DECORATE for the weapon stuff (Rocket mode right now is hella dangerous, it needs a DECORATE wizard like Yholl to wizard all over it so it doesn't blow your face off), sounds, some polish on FX, upgrade costs, and some other misc stuff.

Right now I'm on pretty heavy antibiotics so I've been trying to get all this done inbetween them kicking my ass and making me sleepy. Hopefully I can have everything done by the weekend or at most sometime next week.
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

Pardon me if this question has already been answered.

Do you plan on making this mod Zandronum compatible?

I really want to see this game in Doomseeker.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

GuardStrike wrote:Pardon me if this question has already been answered.

Do you plan on making this mod Zandronum compatible?

I really want to see this game in Doomseeker.
No.
This is basically impossible, Zandronum is too far behind for DoomRPG to work on it, and even then, it would need to be almost entirely rewritten for Client/Server shenanigans.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Quite so. I don't even think its logical compliant with Zandro's netcode, if DoomRLA is anything to go by.
SAraisXenoQueen

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

Yeeah, I seriously doubt the possibility of this being compatible with Zandro... RLA has the "unknown top level" error to begin with.

It SOUNDS like it would be a simple fix, but then again, what do I know about coding.

If I knew a bloody thing about it, I'd of tried to make a compatibility thing for it.
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

It's a shame too because, I really want to play this on multiplayer so badly.

Unless if there's a website that shows a list of DOOMRPG servers.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SAraisXenoQueen wrote:It SOUNDS like it would be a simple fix
Yholl wrote:it would need to be almost entirely rewritten for Client/Server shenanigans.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”