Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
StarController

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.9.14 Beta]

Post by StarController »

I just ran into a new-to-me problem. Playing through Doom 1, Im on E4M8, the final level of the wad. I attempt to warp out to the outpost like normal, but instead it plays the end text as though I'd exited the level through normal means, and the game ends.

That... rather dead-ends my character, though I suppose I can save the character and try to load it on a new person, and never play that map again :/

Has anyone else dealt with this?
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

I fixed that 3 days ago.
StarController

Post by StarController »

Kate wrote:I fixed that 3 days ago.
Excellent! Thanks for the heads up, I shall update when possible then.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Also, anyone that was using turrets should update because I fixed various problems relating to them not targeting things, becoming generally unresponsive, and destroying themselves upon being spawned into the map.
StarController

Post by StarController »

Kate wrote:Also, anyone that was using turrets should update because I fixed various problems relating to them not targeting things, becoming generally unresponsive, and destroying themselves upon being spawned into the map.
(I thought someone else would comment by now, but i guess it's left to me...)
Thanks for fixing the turrets, Kate!
I've not gotten to update my copy yet, as github doesn't let me download the master.zip on my measily connection, but when I finally have it, I'm sure I'll appreciate the bugfixes. Your work doesn't go upappreciated.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Thanks much from me too, Kate. The turret system is very well thought out and makes a good use of credits after you've settled on a set of high-level armor and you've got your arsenal squared away. Only nitpicky gripe I've got with it is that as your turret becomes more and more capable, it starts getting tedious only buying one turret part at a time from the shop, since you have to start buying turret parts in bunches of 10 or 20 at a time to upgrade this and that. A store option of buying a pack of ten parts at time, for 10,000-discount % credits a pack would be a help since such packs of parts are needed to do any upgrading of your turret's abilities beyond the basic levels.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Tapwave wrote:Also, one of my friends had an issue where his hud didn't draw at all, including weapon sprites, did anyone else have this issue, or is he just really bad at loading the mod?
I just had the same thing happen to me. Before I restarted the game the weapon was visible just fine. Oddly enough, changing resolution seemed to solve the problem for me. (and changing back to my original res didn't break it again) What still bothers me though, is that neither DoomRPG or DoomRLA's HUD/statusbar seems to be overriding the classic doom statusbar / zdoom hud. I can see the credits and weapon bar on the top just fine, though I suspect those may be handled via ACS.
EDIT: it is worth mentioning that the weapon sprite not drawing is unrelated to these mods, because i started up an unmodded game and had the same thing happen until I changed res.

Also, anyone else get these issues where the DoomRPG launcher cuts off the first letter of files and folders under the Mods/Patches section and sometimes places a redundant backslash where there already was one? (the latter i only noticed when i copied the command line to clipboard after getting real upset about the various errors i kept getting)
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

So this mod looks awesome, but there is something missing. A proper tutorial to get it running. Not once have I had to create a batch file in order to run a doom mod, and I've run a lot. Most of the time it's either create a new folder, set a directory, or just a simple drag n drop. Internet Doom explorer has an awesome interface, as well as doomseeker to set directories for iwad/pwad paths which makes running pk3 files a cinch. I'm completely in the dark on how to run this mod, and the Doom rpg launcher does not help one bit.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Decided I'd try using my brain and actually provide some info on what went wrong. Hopefully this file is attached like it says.
Attachments
doom rpg error.png
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

If GZDoom is spitting out "unknown flag" errors, that's a sign that you need to update GZDoom.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Hopefully things will be a bit more enjoyable for you once your issue is fixed.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Thanks for the link you provided. I went to the drd team and saw I was running the latest version of gzdoom there, but you pointed me to a dev build that just came out. Couldn't find it anywhere on the site where I downloaded the latest version. And that comment I made about the file attachment was made before I saw the different tab. Usually on sites where you post there is a button right underneath it that says add att. Didn't notice the tab. Probably should have deleted that little end from my post.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

So is there a wiki or anything to explain what everything does and how to use it?( I'm not going through 146 pages of posts to find out.) Also Wildweasel it's working fine now thank you.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Doomguy914 wrote:So is there a wiki or anything to explain what everything does and how to use it?
Here.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Doomguy914 wrote:Thanks for the link you provided. I went to the drd team and saw I was running the latest version of gzdoom there, but you pointed me to a dev build that just came out.
That would be a lie. INVENTORY.TRANSFER (the exact flag your build reported to be missing) has existed in GZDoom since around the 5th of February. It didn't "just come out" at all.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The thing to remember is that the "stable" GZDoom hasn't been replaced in a long while because of problems Graf has getting into his web space. Development builds are almost always recommended.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”