Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by RastaManGames »

wildweasel wrote:
RastaManGames wrote:Yholl's rarity beams working in TITLEMAP (i see that), but i can't see they ingame. What i do wrong?
Are you playing as Technician?
No. I am marine.
Also what is PP and how i can use that?
And where i can see, how every exotic modpack effort to chameleon rifle alt-fire?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Rarity beams are only visible as Technician. PP was not fully implemented so you can't do anything with it.
Spoiler: Chameleon Rifle effects
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

RastaManGames wrote:Yholl's rarity beams working in TITLEMAP (i see that), but i can't see they ingame. What i do wrong?
And what is enemy aura steal rate? If this number == 200, enemy steal my money/credits/energy every 200 milliseconds?
IIRC the aura steal rate is how much of each item enemy auras steal every turn, as in, every time you hear the aura affecting you. So if it's set to 200, then every time the aura shocks you, you lose 200 credits, energy, and ammo.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Frozenwolf150 wrote: Regarding the prior bug report, I have more evidence that the runaway scripts glitch is caused by the turret feature.
Further anecdotal evidence:
Being annoyed by the runaway script error, I tried playing through a megawad without using the turret feature at all just like Frozenwolf did. No sign of any runaway script glitch.
I made a copy of my save halfway through the megawad and started using the turret, and what do you know, right on the next level I get the errors again.
I reloaded the level I was at before using the turret, went through it again, and on the second attempt the errors didn't appear. I never touched the turret and I finished the rest of the megawad without encountering the errors again.

I have the impression the error originates from the countdown scripts or from something related to them, because it seems that accessing the menu and just looking around doesn't cause errors, and the errors happen even if I only upgrade but don't actually summon the turret.

Hope this helps. I really dig the turret feature, it's a shame I can't use it for now. :P
I'll stop using the turret completely in the meantime, and I'll let you guys know if I encounter the error again.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

as far as the errors go, I can assure all of you I didn't even open the turret menu when I encountered the missing hud/healthbars/godmode/noclip glitch. Unless the turret feature itself is just broken in the latest version. However, when your luck is far greater than 100, it's impossible to avoid picking up stray turret parts. I'll play a run and update any information I can, specifically testing whether or not picking up the parts initiates the glitch.

Update: Some sort of glitch happened during an Armageddon event. Happened when a Magmabus hit me with a regular fireball attack. Something about strength overflow. Somebody here mentioned logs and how to post them, yet these script errors don't crash my game so I don't get the general crash report window.( GZDoom even says that crashes with mods included won't be looked at, due to them not being liable for those issues.) So what file do I have to search for to post script error logs, and where would I post that? Somewhere on github I would imagine. Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Doomguy914 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Error popped up again when I entered a new level. This time I didn't use the turret in the previous map, but I had a very long stack of "silence" (like 8~ minutes of it) when I got to the exit.
This makes me think the error is related to the countdown scripts and how they work between levels. Could be something else though, that map had like 600 enemies so there was a lot going on.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

Curious question. Anybody knows what determines character saving?
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Doomguy914 wrote:as far as the errors go, I can assure all of you I didn't even open the turret menu when I encountered the missing hud/healthbars/godmode/noclip glitch. Unless the turret feature itself is just broken in the latest version. However, when your luck is far greater than 100, it's impossible to avoid picking up stray turret parts. I'll play a run and update any information I can, specifically testing whether or not picking up the parts initiates the glitch.

Update: Some sort of glitch happened during an Armageddon event. Happened when a Magmabus hit me with a regular fireball attack. Something about strength overflow. Somebody here mentioned logs and how to post them, yet these script errors don't crash my game so I don't get the general crash report window.( GZDoom even says that crashes with mods included won't be looked at, due to them not being liable for those issues.) So what file do I have to search for to post script error logs, and where would I post that? Somewhere on github I would imagine. Any help is appreciated.
Sorry, didn't see your question earlier. You can enable logging to a file either through the Doom RPG Launcher by ticking the option, or by adding the appropriate line to your autoexec.cfg for GZDoom.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/CCMDs#AutoExec
Then the next time there's an error, just check the file you designated.

I don't think there's a place for bug reporting on Github, however you can post the error log in this thread like others have done, and use spoiler tags so that it doesn't stretch out the post into a wall of text.
JunkHead

Post by JunkHead »

Updated with the launcher now doomrpg won't work with doomrla.
Point of crash in spoiler
Spoiler:
Attaching full log file
Attachments
Doom RPG log.txt
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Tapwave »

Try downloading the lastest GZD devbuild and launching it in another folder with the DoomRPG/RL files, see if it still gives you the unknown flag errors. From what I'm seeing it may also be a loading order issue.
JunkHead

Post by JunkHead »

Downloaded what I believe to be the latest dev build of gzdoom titled "gzdoom-g2.3pre-176-gfc246be" from drdbuilds
Made a batch file using the load order stated in the github wiki, which I will show via text attachment
Still having the same issue.
Let me know if I've made a mess of the load order.
Attachments
Load Order.txt
(210 Bytes) Downloaded 83 times
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Tapwave »

Try loading the DoomRPG stuff before DoomRL and see if you get the same issue? I don't think that'd be it, but it's always worth a try.
JunkHead

Post by JunkHead »

Attempt made as suggested, moved the three Doomrpg lines from the command to the front of the command, in front of even brightmaps.pk3
The following issue occurred

Script error, ":actors/doomrl/ammo.txt" line 10:
Unexpected 'items/clip' in definition of 'RLClip2'

Attaching Log file.

Side note: I believe I may have downloaded the incorrect gzdoom. There appears to be a dev build of the same type, but for x64 systems.
It's important to note however, that when I forgot to include the doomrpg files on my first attempt of testing, it appeared to run doomrla with no issues
So, using a non x64 version of the gzdoom dev build may not have had any significant effect.

Edit: Downloaded x64 version of gzdoom dev build. Attempted to run doomrpg and doomrla. Still didn't work. Attempted to run doomrla. Worked fine.
Attachments
log.txt
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I have a feeling the mod was prematurely updated for the upcoming version of DRLA and only the version before Oct. 3 will work with the current available one. Check the commits on Github.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Someone64 wrote:I have a feeling the mod was prematurely updated for the upcoming version of DRLA and only the version before Oct. 3 will work with the current available one. Check the commits on Github.
Yup.

Here, have a thingy
The build before those updates

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”