Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Yholl

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.9.12 Beta]

Post by Yholl »

Frozenwolf150 wrote:Another question. Since Monster Pack 5 for DRLA has been released, will the next update of DRPG be compatible with the new monsters?
We updated it just before I released, but some stuff went wrong, and Kyle got super ded right after, so it hasn't been fixed yet.
The newly added enemies aren't working correctly for some reason, and the mapinfo needs to be updated. I'll post an update here when this all gets fixed.

If you are fine with having new enemies without healthbars, giving XP or dropping items, then you can replace the MAPINFO in your DoomRPG-RLMonsters with this one.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

One question: this mod may run in Doom Touch?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:One question: this mod may run in Doom Touch?
I have no idea what that is, but most likely no.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:One question: this mod may run in Doom Touch?
That depends on what version of ZDoom Doom Touch is based on. DRLA uses some pretty recent stuff.
Edit: Doom Touch is based on ChocoDoom. So I think that's a 'no'. Though there seems to be a GZDoom on Android.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

They are both Doom Touch, and it uses GZDoom 1.8.6. So no, hardly new enough at all.
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RastaManGames »

1) How i can full save player?
2) Where i can spent my yellow tokens?
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

RastaManGames wrote:1) How i can full save player?
2) Where i can spent my yellow tokens?
1) Use the "transport" skill to go to the marine outpost. From where you enter, go through the next big door on your right. Head up the stairs and through the door to the left. Inside are small rooms with beds and locker chests. Press your use key on one of these chests to store your items. This way you can store your weapons and armor (unequip your armor, then deposit it!), which otherwise wouldn't get saved.
When you've deposited everything you want to preserve, enter the menu, go options, doom rpg options, then do save character near the bottom of the menu. You do have to unpause the game for it to finish I believe.

2) To spend your yellow tokens, use the computer console on the lower opposite of the stairs i mentioned before.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Post by epiccolton26 »

Blue Shadow wrote:From experience, the mod won't break if you used ZDoom or GZDoom in software. I myself use ZDoom to play it. This is out of preference, though, not because I can't run GZDoom 2.x.
Well, GZDoom 2.0 works fine with the Software Renderer. Good to hear it can.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Well, lucky for you, there is a 1.8.9, which was released a couple of days ago.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Bug Report: I've found it's possible to increase a stat above 100 without needing any Stat Cap Tokens. For context, I had just finished using the computer to trade in all my Stat Cap Tokens for Stat Tokens, and I was putting points into luck. I figured the game would stop me when I hit 100, but this didn't happen. I was able to go above 100 without needing the Stat Cap Tokens at all.

Any idea what's causing this? Could it be that the game is still counting the Stat Cap Tokens even after I convert them to another type?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Frozenwolf150 wrote:Bug Report: I've found it's possible to increase a stat above 100 without needing any Stat Cap Tokens. For context, I had just finished using the computer to trade in all my Stat Cap Tokens for Stat Tokens, and I was putting points into luck. I figured the game would stop me when I hit 100, but this didn't happen. I was able to go above 100 without needing the Stat Cap Tokens at all.

Any idea what's causing this? Could it be that the game is still counting the Stat Cap Tokens even after I convert them to another type?
Not a bug. Those are not Stat Cap Tokens, Stat Cap Tokens no longer exist. Stat cap is based on level.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Post by epiccolton26 »

Now that I have DoomRPG working on a GZDoom 2.0 copy with the Software Renderer, I have to ask something regarding on withdrawing your items and weapons. Is there any way to get them other than having to buy them all over again?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Yholl wrote:Not a bug. Those are not Stat Cap Tokens, Stat Cap Tokens no longer exist. Stat cap is based on level.
Oh right. I should have noticed that they were now called Wildcard Tokens.

A question. How does the new Luck system work? I know the listed numbers are the minimum Luck needed for a type of item to start dropping, but then what's the chance of the item dropping? Is there still a way to increase the chance of an item type dropping, or is it set in stone?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Frozenwolf150 wrote:A question. How does the new Luck system work? I know the listed numbers are the minimum Luck needed for a type of item to start dropping, but then what's the chance of the item dropping? Is there still a way to increase the chance of an item type dropping, or is it set in stone?
I'd like to point out that you noticed a new luck system, but didn't check the effects of the luck aug or yellow aura.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Yholl wrote:
Frozenwolf150 wrote:A question. How does the new Luck system work? I know the listed numbers are the minimum Luck needed for a type of item to start dropping, but then what's the chance of the item dropping? Is there still a way to increase the chance of an item type dropping, or is it set in stone?
I'd like to point out that you noticed a new luck system, but didn't check the effects of the luck aug or yellow aura.
I meant to imply that I use those as well. In fact, I use them as often as possible when I get them. The difference this time is that since the drop probabilities no longer show up under the luck stat, I can't tell what effect they have on the item drop chances. In my last playthrough, in the previous version of DRPG, I had luck maxed out, and the Precog Aug and Yellow Aura as well, and every enemy I killed spilled a ton of loot by the endgame. I want to know, is it still possible to do this?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”