Welcome. A few weeks ago I decided to undertake a project that's been stirring in my head for a while: A (G)ZDoom-based Doom RPG which can be easily played with the vanilla IWADs and PWAD map packs. I first searched around to see if this had already been done, and I found a few bits here and there, but nothing as extensive as I had wanted to implement. So I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands, and after a few weeks worth of work, and replaying Doom 1 and 2 far more than I ever have before, this is what I have for you: my Doom RPG.
- A Level-up and stat system, allowing you to customize the properties of your character for your own playstyle
- A currency system, Credits, which are dropped by monsters when killed
- A Rank system with regular payouts of Credits, higher rank yields a better payout, rank increases as you kill monsters
- A combo system which will increase your experience and rank gain as you kill more monsters in fast succession
- A skill system with various skills including healing, buffs, projectiles, summons and general utility skills, more are being added
- A shop where you can use your credits to buy weapons, ammo and supplies
- Many inventory items now exist, including tiered health restoration items and re-done and new armor types
- 2 new HUDs to show new information such as level, rank, EP, combo counters, powerup timers, and more (and the mugshot, of course )
- Items are now randomized and varied
- Runes which will give you temporary bonuses for a short time
- Different types of explosive barrels which do varying amounts of specific kinds of damage
- Various cosmetic improvements (optional)
Join the shenanigans in my IRC channel! #DoomRPG at esper.net, or use this web client.
YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST SVN VERSION OF ZDOOM OR GZDOOM TO RUN THIS MOD!
DoomRPG on Github