[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.21

Post by Blue Shadow »

Alright, the patch has been added to the OP.
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Hi, i was trying to update my version of the hud to the more recent build. But when i'm trying to edit the ACS script to update my things with the new version things it always spawn that error when recompiling :

Line 77 in file "C:\Users\JM\AppData\Local\Temp\SLADE3\nchud.acs" ...
C:\Users\JM\AppData\Local\Temp\SLADE3\nchud.acs:77: armorinfo_actualsaveamount : Identifier has not been declared.
> nc_armormax = GetArmorInfo(ARMORINFO_ACTUALSAVEAMOUNT);
> ^
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Update zspecial.acs and zdefs.acs files of your ACC installation.
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Thank you, it worked,

But, now i noticed somethings, i don't know if it's intended or not, but here i go :

When taking a blue armor, it gives the 200 armor as usual, but the armor bar goes to 200 but is not getting blue. it stays in the green state.

It also do that when picking-up armor bonus.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Yes, that's normal. The only case where you'll see a blue bar for armor is when you have a green armor equipped and your current armor points are over 100.
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Blue Shadow wrote:Yes, that's normal. The only case where you'll see a blue bar for armor is when you have a green armor equipped and your current armor points are over 100.
That's what i noticed, but is there a way to make it work like the health bar?

And also, if maxed health is increased to 300, is there a way to make the blue bar to become full at 300 instead of 200?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

If you're at full health, you'll get a full green bar. If your health is greater than your max health, you'll get a blue bar drawn over the green one. The blue bar will go all the way until your health is at double your max health. Example: Your max health is 125 and your current health is 125; you'll get a full green bar. If somehow you managed to get your current health to 250 or more (with health bonus items and such), you'll have a full blue bar at that point.
Mayhem666 wrote:if maxed health is increased to 300, is there a way to make the blue bar to become full at 300 instead of 200?
If your max health is 300, you'll get a full green bar if your current health is 300, and you'll get a blue bar if it's greater than that. The bar should become full when your health hit 600 points.

The whole health and armor bar "system" is now dynamic; it no longer relies on 100 being the "standard" value. I'd say, you probably want to revert to the old system and work from there. v1.18 was the last version with that old system.
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Blue Shadow wrote:If you're at full health, you'll get a full green bar. If your health is greater than your max health, you'll get a blue bar drawn over the green one. The blue bar will go all the way until your health is at double your max health. Example: Your max health is 125 and your current health is 125; you'll get a full green bar. If somehow you managed to get your current health to 250 or more (with health bonus items and such), you'll have a full blue bar at that point.
Mayhem666 wrote:if maxed health is increased to 300, is there a way to make the blue bar to become full at 300 instead of 200?
If your max health is 300, you'll get a full green bar if your current health is 300, and you'll get a blue bar if it's greater than that. The bar should become full when your health hit 600 points.

The whole health and armor bar "system" is now dynamic; it no longer relies on 100 being the "standard" value. I'd say, you probably want to revert to the old system and work from there. v1.18 was the last version with that old system.
Yes, that's what i though as well, I already had a adapted version of the hud for my project, but i wanted to somewhat update it to the lastest version, but i didnt thought about the fact that all the codes systems would change like that.

Well if it's not possible, i will go back to that version.

Anyway, i mean, the change i was talking about on max health and armor is just, Instead of the 200, i just upped it to 300. The base max health is still 100. so it's kind of only a superior maximum bonus than in vanilla. it was working on older version of the hud and was wondering if those modifications can still be applied on those new versions.
hikari47

Post by hikari47 »

How can I get the simple version of this mod for vanilla Doom like the one shown here?
Blue Shadow wrote:
Spoiler: Original post
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

hikari47 wrote:How can I get the simple version of this mod for vanilla Doom like the one shown here?
That would be the initial release (v1.0). You can download it from the first post.

Mayhem666 wrote:Anyway, i mean, the change i was talking about on max health and armor is just, Instead of the 200, i just upped it to 300. The base max health is still 100. so it's kind of only a superior maximum bonus than in vanilla. it was working on older version of the hud and was wondering if those modifications can still be applied on those new versions.
If I understand this correctly, your player class has a max health of 100, but you want the blue bar to be drawn starting from above 100 and maxing out at 300?
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Yes, that's right.

Maximum health is still 100, but instead of 200, i want the blue bar to become full at 300. The main reason for this was the creation of a new kind of armor and new sphere allowing health upping to 300.

I was looking for a possible way to accomplish this without the need to go back in earlier releases. But i'm having a hard time with it actually. It's for this reason that i'm asking here.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Here is a modified version which restores the old system back (it's based on v1.21):
nchud_old_bar_thing.pk3
It should be easy for you now to make the changes you want.
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Blue Shadow wrote:Here is a modified version which restores the old system back (it's based on v1.21):
nchud_old_bar_thing.pk3
It should be easy for you now to make the changes you want.
Ah that's a really good thing, thank you for this!

Editing the 200 for 300 is giving that result :
Spoiler:
The bar is at like the 1/3 at 200% but it's supposed to be in half way.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Mayhem666 wrote:Editing the 200 for 300 is giving that result :

You're going to have to edit the blue bar graphic so that the filled part of the graphic comprises two thirds; and the empty part one third*.

Before you import the edited graphic back, check out the blue bar graphic (the original one) in SLADE and make note of the filled part's position on the canvas, because you need to make sure that the edited graphic's filled part is at the same position after import. You do that, of course, by adjusting the graphic's offset.

Keep in mind that with those changes, the blue bar will display properly as long your maximum health/armor is a third of the set "limit", with that limit, in your case, being 300.

* Only change the empty part's width in relation to the filled part. The filled part should keep its width intact.
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Blue Shadow wrote:
Mayhem666 wrote:Editing the 200 for 300 is giving that result :

You're going to have to edit the blue bar graphic so that the filled part of the graphic comprises two thirds; and the empty part one third*.

Before you import the edited graphic back, check out the blue bar graphic (the original one) in SLADE and make note of the filled part's position on the canvas, because you need to make sure that the edited graphic's filled part is at the same position after import. You do that, of course, by adjusting the graphic's offset.

Keep in mind that with those changes, the blue bar will display properly as long your maximum health/armor is a third of the set "limit", with that limit, in your case, being 300.

* Only change the empty part's width in relation to the filled part. The filled part should keep its width intact.
I attempted to edit the offsets of the current graphic of the blue bar, but it seems to just move the problem. do i need to create another graphic for the blue bar in question?

*Maybe i misunderstood something, english is not my primary language as you prolly already noticed^^

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”