[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
KiyoshiKouta

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.7

Post by KiyoshiKouta »

Mediafire says the archive is blocked or damaged or is that just me?
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

i had the same problem when i uploaded just the tibdoomgz.pk3 to my mediafire i solved it by zipping the pk3 i know its an annoying extra step but i dont get that problem at all when its zipped up
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

It works fine for me. But anyway, I zipped it and uploaded it again. So try to download it again, please.
KiyoshiKouta

Post by KiyoshiKouta »

It works. Thanks.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

this looks GREAT! i can't wait to get home and try it out!!
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Can i use this with Zandronum? I just tried and got an error saying :
Script error, "nc_custom_hud_v1.7.pk3:actors/nchudinv_misc.txt" line 1:
"INVENTORY.UNTOSSABLE" is an unknown flag
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

That error pretty much says that you can't. Zandronum just doesn't have the necessary features.
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.8

Post by Blue Shadow »

Version 1.8 is up!
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Looks a lot like DE HUD +, but in a form that I like better. The Half-Life esque ammo icons really work.

However, when I go into the NC HUD Menu, the two options are set to "unknown". Any reason why this is? Using today's svn build.

And also this:
Spoiler:
When I use ID(K)FA, I get this weird second pistol with 15 bullets. Behaves exactly the same as the pistol, but runs off an ammo type not found in-game. Has a neat double ammo counter too.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

I dig it
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

I do too!

Hope a new version to the brutal doom version gets released too, I like the ammo mag/reserve overlap.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Lava Grunt wrote:Looks a lot like DE HUD
DE HUD was originally based on an earlier version of this but with some modifications. After the DE HUD was finished, I'd decided to "back-port" those modifications to this HUD.
However, when I go into the NC HUD Menu, the two options are set to "unknown". Any reason why this is?
The HUD uses custom [wiki]CVARs[/wiki] for toggling the tally and all-ammo displays. The CVARs, being custom, you need to do something to make them work properly. Check the readme.txt file inside the pk3. It has the information on how to make them work.

Now saying that, I might upload a new version (maybe today or tomorrow) that will deal with the custom CVARs thing so to make them work "out-of-the-box", since there is a new feature in ZDoom, which was just implemented yesterday, that allows that now.
When I use ID(K)FA, I get this weird second pistol with 15 bullets. Behaves exactly the same as the pistol, but runs off an ammo type not found in-game. Has a neat double ammo counter too.
It was put there so people can use it as a "template" for when they want to use weapons with dual ammo with the HUD. For now, open the decorate.txt file and comment this line:

Code: Select all

Weapon.SlotNumber 2
The weapon will still be given to you when using the cheat, but can't be selected normally, so you don't need to worry about it.
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.9

Post by Blue Shadow »

Version 1.9 is up! Check the OP for the changes.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Is there any chance this will ever work with zandronum? :-(
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Skrell wrote:Is there any chance this will ever work with zandronum? :-(
It contains code that zandronum isn't friendly with. So until Zandronum catches up, I wouldn't think so. A zandronum version would require gutted code.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”