[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.21

Post by Blue Shadow »

Mayhem666 wrote:I attempted to edit the offsets of the current graphic of the blue bar, but it seems to just move the problem. do i need to create another graphic for the blue bar in question?
Have you edited the blue bar graphic?
I, above, wrote:You're going to have to edit the blue bar graphic so that the filled part of the graphic comprises two thirds; and the empty part one third*.
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Tried to edit it yes

Do you mean like this by two thirds?

And... this is the result.
Spoiler:
But the blue bar is getting beyond the end even if it's correctly in the middle at 200.

In fact, the blue bar is starting at 125 and end at 275. Beyond that, it continue to 300 but the bluebar is getting outside the bar.

Offset at 71 - 0

with the graphic i uploaded.
Attachments
H_BRFILB.png
H_BRFILB.png (196 Bytes) Viewed 1795 times
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

The problem is that you've changed the filled part's width which I clearly said that you shouldn't.

But anyway, in this file, you'll find three versions of the blue bar. They include the original, your edit, and the "correct" edit (what you want), so you can see how they compare to each other:
bbar_compare.zip
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Blue Shadow wrote:The problem is that you've changed the filled part's width which I clearly said that you shouldn't.

But anyway, in this file, you'll find three versions of the blue bar. They include the original, your edit, and the "correct" edit (what you want), so you can see how they compare to each other:
bbar_compare.zip
lol damnit, i really failed on this one. This exemple really made me understand. Anyway, the graphic is working perfectly, and i think everything is good now. Thank you!
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Sorry but i just noticed a problem with the graphic you uploaded.

I replaced the graphic as you said. But theres a black bar that is spawning in the top left of the screen. As seen in this screenshot. How can it be solved?
Spoiler:
It spawn when the blue bar is getting started i think.
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.22

Post by Blue Shadow »

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the background graphic. You need to edit the H_BRFBGB graphic so that its width is the same as the blue bar graphic's.

-------

Edit: A new version is up; it mainly addresses the blue bar difficulties Mayhem666 is/was having.
Zaxx

Post by Zaxx »

I've tried to install this hud for a number of times now and it just never works. :D I get this:

Is this not compatible with Heretic? I've seen screenshots with even Corvus's mugshot on them.
Last edited by wildweasel on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image was too large. I've sized it to a more reasonable size.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

As the HUD was meant for Doom, what you experience there is normal; a patch (what a surprise...) is needed to make it work with that game.

Coincidentally, I happen to have a patch for Heretic, but I can't release it yet, as it's only compatible with the work-in-progress version of 1.23.
Zaxx

Post by Zaxx »

Blue Shadow wrote:As the HUD was meant for Doom, what you experience there is normal; a patch (what a surprise...) is needed to make it work with that game.

Coincidentally, I happen to have a patch for Heretic, but I can't release it yet, as it's only compatible with the work-in-progress version of 1.23.
Oh, I see. Such a shame really, Doom has a lot of nice huds but I've yet to find anything that is even remotely good in 1080p for Heretic and Hexen.
Vdude

Post by Vdude »

Hello.

I don't have the 'NC HUD' sub menu on Options > Hud Options. Only the usual 'Alternative Hud' and 'Message Options'. The NC HUD works fine ingame, but there's no option to toggle the tally on or off.

I'm using the latest Gzdoom dev build, also tried with the 2.05 version, which was the one I had. I tried updating to the last version to see if it had any effect, but the problem persists. Even using only NC HUD without any mod, the menu doesn't show up.

Has anyone experienced the same?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

You have to toggle those with console commands now, or by adding them to your INI.

The commands are:

nchud_toggleammo 1
nchud_toggletally 1

Here's the section from the INI:

Code: Select all

[Doom.Player.Mod]
nchud_toggleammo=true
nchud_toggletally=true
Vdude

Post by Vdude »

Thank you, Nevander, that was it. :wink:

Also thank you Blue Shadow for your work on this hud mod.

Cheers!
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Compatibility with other mods that edit the menu to add their own options is the reason why the menu is disabled. Admittedly, conflict would only arise if both the HUD and the mod you're loading it with modify the same menu (HUD Options menu, in this case). The mod last loaded wins. In other words, they can't coexist. On top of that, there is the potential conflict with ZDoom itself if the HUD Options menu ever gets something changed in it. That change won't automatically carry.
TerryWADArchive

Post by TerryWADArchive »

Hey there,
I've just wanted to add that this HUD is now compatible with Zandronum!
I believe that's because the SVN Version of Zandronum uses the engine of ZDoom 2.9 Pre+
Even though it's still SVN, I expect the new version to use that version of ZDoom, so the NC HUD will surely be compatible with Zandronum from now on.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Not quite. The latest Zandronum development build is missing ARMORINFO_ACTUALSAVEAMOUNT for [wiki]GetArmorInfo[/wiki], which the HUD uses; if you pick and armor up, you'll get a divide-by-zero error which completely shuts the main script down, thus breaking the workings of the HUD.

That with v1.22. With the work-in-progress version, the incompatibility is far worse...

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”